Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index Nature's Sunshine Products NSP
For customer and distributor discussions of Nature's Sunshine Products. Not an official site of NSP.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Teeth - Grinding (Bruxism)

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CombinedNSP
Site Admin

PostPosted: Dec Thu 14, 2006 2:23 pm    Post subject: Teeth - Grinding (Bruxism) Reply with quote

Teeth - Grinding (Bruxism)

Bruxism: the rubbing or grinding of teeth, usually during sleep.

A friend of mine has experienced nighttime teeth-grinding (a.k.a. bruxism, TMJ, TMD) for many years. Doctors have told her that because of this, she does not experience sufficient REM sleep. I am wondering if there is any herb known specifically to promote REM sleep, perhaps among the sedative herbs. -Laura
- - - - - - - - - - - -
It has been my experience, with my own family, as well as customers, that teeth grinding is usually a sign of vitamin/mineral deficiencies in the body. I have seen the most progress in relieving teeth grinding with B-Complex. Although using just Super Supplemental you can see improvement, B vitamins do wonders for this, as well as many other restless problems within the body. Might look into the persons diet also, at how much caffeine she uses, as well as sugar in the diet, and stress levels. Stress-J is a wonderful herbal formula that also has given me very favorable results. At the least, though, I would try B-Complex for awhile. She should see a marked improvement in no time. -Stacey Brown
- - - - - - - - - - - -
Do add 2 Magnesium tablets at night time to the above - it works! -Nancy
- - - - - - - - - - - -
Any suggestions for what to do with bone loss? Have a client that just came from the dentist and they are telling her she has lost ½ of her bone mass in the roots of her teeth. She is quite young and doesn't want to lose her teeth. She constantly chews the side of her mouth and grinds her teeth. This is how she handles her stress. She has done this for soooo many years, she has permanent scarring on the insides of her mouth. Any suggestions would gladly be appreciated. -Cindy Ortagus
- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Maybe she needs Magnesium. I would also suggest Skeletal Strength, CA Herbal, and MSM for the scarring. You might also want to suggest White Oak Bark to strengthen her gums. Stress Pack during these stressful times and maintain with Nutri-Calm. -Chottsie
- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
I would add to this great list by saying that grinding teeth and chewing the side of the mouth are signs of possible parasite infestation. Check that out extensively if you can and use the appropriate herbs (Para-Cleanse, Garlic, Black Walnut, Herbal Pumpkin, Artemisia Combination, etc.); replace friendly flora: Flora Force and I would definitely be adding back some minerals: Mineral Maintenance or Mineral Chi Tonic, etc. -Lisa Ayala
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
More often than not, parasites are the cause of teeth grinding. You could also try nervine herbs. -Peggy Day
I recommend 1 Balanced B-Complex Vitamin together with 3 - 5 Pantothenic Acid an hour or so before bed for nighttime teeth grinding (bruxism). It works great for me. -Sage Dahm
I don't think it's a symptom of limited to parasites but a symptom of agitation of any type. Parasites should be considered since so many people do have them and don't realize it. I used to grind my teeth at night, I have mild TMJ. I wore a mouth guard at night for several months and actually wore a hole in it. That was a few years ago. I don't know if I had parasites at the time. I MT'd positive for parasites a year ago and went on anti-parasite program, now I MT negative. I don't grind my teeth anymore. I would muscle test to be sure. Also look for radii solaris lines in the iris. These are deep lines that radiate from the pupil outward. They can vary in size. -Chottsie
As outlined in Recipes for Success: Teeth Grinding (Bruxism): Calcium + 100-250 mg daily of Pantothenic Acid - (take entire B-Complex whenever taking single B vitamins.) Nervine Herbs. -Kay Lubecke
Teeth grinding - known as bruxism can be caused by parasites, excessive stress, or lack of calcium. Check for Para-Cleanse, Parasites Homeopathic, Artemisia Combination w/Elecampane, Garlic, or Black Walnut and add PDA or Food Enzymes. Do 10-day rotation program -- cleansing and building. Stress - check for Chinese Stress Relief (also high in calcium), Stress Relief, Nerve Control, Herbal Sleep. Use 2-3 times a day and before bed. Calcium - Check Herbal CA ATC, HSN-W, Calcium-Magnesium + PDA. -C Takerian
I have found Stress Relief to help with teeth grinding. -Janice
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My son has this problem. I wondered if B-Complex would be too stimulating to take at night. -Deana Persson
When my 2-year-old started grinding his teeth he tested for parasites. I gave him liquid Black Walnut Extract and Parasites Homeopathic. The grinding stopped within 2 days. Another symptom of parasites is they sleep with their buns in the air (follow parasite protocol to eliminate them). -Diane Descala
I take before bed: 1 - B-Complex, 3 Pantothenic Acid, 2 Herbal Sleep, 2 Calcium. Helps with sleep and teeth grinding which I use to do. I have no problems sleeping now and grinding is much better. Also when I drink caffeine, it is worse. -Tonja Wells
I have been taught that bruxism or teeth grinding, as it is more commonly known, has a definite parasitic connection. In that case, I would also be doing some sort of parasite cleanse like Para-Cleanse, Black Walnut, Garlic, Artemisia Combination w/Elecampane, Herbal Pumpkin, etc., as well as supporting the nervous system with B-Complex Vitamins. -Lisa Ayala
Teeth grinding can be caused by Calcium deficiency. -Leslie Lechner
- - - - - - - - - - - - -

I have always heard that it indicated Calcium deficiency or absorption problems until someone on the forum said parasites. Try him on some Chewable Calcium. Little people need it too. :o) -Leslie Lechner
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
Normally when they grind their teeth their TMJ is out of alignment. See a chiropractor or neuro-muscular therapist. Rubbing Lavender Oil on the area below the ear lobe and follow along the jaw line will help relax the muscles. -Jean Kinnett
I would also check for a Vitamin C deficiency. -Cerita McCoy
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: