Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index Nature's Sunshine Products NSP
For customer and distributor discussions of Nature's Sunshine Products. Not an official site of NSP.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Collatrim

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CombinedNSP
Site Admin

PostPosted: Dec Sat 16, 2006 1:38 pm    Post subject: Collatrim Reply with quote

Collatrim

Could someone give me a little info on Collatrim? -trembath

One of the big differences between NSP and Brand X is that NSP's has 20 - 25% more Collagin in it - as it was stated in one of the previous messages below.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
These are my notes about Collatrim from Dr. Alvin Sigelman's talk at National Convention and also from some other sources.

Collatrim is a special weight management product. Collatrim provides a source of high-quality protein amino acids derived from bovine collagen, including the amino acids arginine, proline, and glycine. These high-quality nutrients, taken at the right time, can stimulate the body to build bones, tendons, and connective tissues.

In order to use the Collatrim program you should not eat for at least three hours before taking it. Prepare 1 tbsp. of Collatrim with an 8 oz. glass of good quality water. This should be consumed as the last thing you do before going to bed. This routine takes advantage of an important body function that initiates a rebuild-and-repair process at the very beginning of your sleep cycle. Collatrim not only provides high-quality nutrients to use in rebuilding healthy muscle and other tissues but, as a good side effect, many Collatrim users report improved and more restful sleep.

The Collatrim program works quickly for most people who report lost inches, improved muscle tone, lost weight and increased energy. For some people the results do not begin until after several months of use. For a small percentage of users there will be no noticeable results at all. This is due to differences in individual body chemistry or other reasons. Remember, it is important to follow the instructions about not snacking and using the product right at bedtime.

This is a simple high-quality protein supplement that should cause no more problems then eating a serving of beans or an egg. However, NSP recommends that pregnant or lactating women consult their health care professional before using any weight management product. Keep out of the reach of children.

There was a great demand for Nature's Sunshine to produce a product like this due mostly to the popularity and success of a high collagen product from another manufacturer. However, Natures Sunshine has developed their own concept here.

Each dose of Collatrim contains four grams of hydrolyzed collagen protein. This collagen is derived from bovine sources. These are not cattle from England so there is little worry about mad cow disease.

Collatrim especially provides three specific amino acids. Collatrim is a significant source of the amino acid arginine because that is what collagen is made of. Arginine, more than any of the other amino acids raises insulin. That is not so good. However, arginine and glycine together are converted by the body to creatine that is stored in the body's liver and muscle cells as a first level energy source. That's what makes creatine so interesting to weight lifters. They don't have to sustain a moderate effort over a long interval. They are more interested in producing a massive amount of energy very quickly. Creation of creatine however, is done at the expense of the amino acid methionine.

All of this suggests that Collatrim should be taken at bedtime along with a couple of tablets of Natures Sunshine PrimeForm Free Amino Acid tablets. The Free Amino Acid supplements provide the additional methionine, balanced with other amino acids.

It should not be necessary to fast for three hours before bedtime. In the first place, human nature being what it is, you really won't be able to get most people to eat nothing at all after finishing their dinner. Just remember that when you do snack, be judicious, use moderation and choose only low glycemic foods.

Collatrim also contains Aloe vera juice. The active ingredients in aloe are what we used to call mucopolysaccharides. These are a kind of sugar that has a low glycemic index. This is exactly the right kind of carbohydrate for what we're trying to achieve here. Low glycemic carbohydrates are those that do not raise the blood sugar very much. That is, they do not stimulate the pancreas with a big shock wave, like sugar does, to produce a lot of insulin.

There he is a new book available that promotes a balanced ratio of fats proteins and carbohydrates. People are recognizing this principle as 40-30-30 or "zone" nutrition. This book explains how the pancreas functions to regulate the metabolism of the foods we eat. One of the things the book does is promote the idea of eating low glycemic carbohydrates. That is, choosing complex carbohydrates instead of simple sugars such as sucrose in our diet. This favors the use of nutrients for work and heat rather than storage as fat.

Counting calories is definitely not the whole story. For instance, rice cakes are well known as a low calorie food but they have a high glycemic index that affects the pancreas in much the same way as sugar does, making it more difficult to burn fat. Fructose, on the other hand, has a bad reputation simply because it is known as a form of sugar. However, fructose is a more complex sugar found in fruits and some vegetables, including corn, which has a low glycemic index. As a result fructose barely stimulates pancreatic production of insulin at all! The same thing can be said of lactose, also known as milk sugar. Most vegetables and legumes are also low glycemic index foods. You can eat foods like these almost with impunity. Of course, you would not want to eat a pound of baked beans at one sitting! But if you have the urge to snack these are great choices. They have the added benefit of being high-fiber foods, which provides its own additional health benefits.

High glycemic index carbohydrates, that is simple sugars including sucrose (table sugar) or honey will perk you up in a hurry, but they do that by suddenly shocking the pancreas to pour out a sudden surge of insulin.

Before we can talk about how Collatrim works we have to understand the function of two hormones that very few people pay attention to. Insulin is well known for processing carbohydrates especially in connection with carbohydrate metabolism diseases such as diabetes. Insulin is a hormone manufactured by the pancreas, an endocrine gland. You can think of insulin as we fat storage hormone because it serious the message to sales to store fat. So, when you have high insulin levels the body is at a disadvantage to use stored fat for energy. The point is that excess insulin is actually bad for us, not good. Excess insulin during our sleep period blocks secretion
of human growth hormone which increases the proportion of muscle tissue in our body.

If you go to sleep in a fasting or hypoglycemic state you will probably wake-up one or more times during the night and when you get up of the next morning groggy and possibly with a headache. It may not be a good idea to fast for three hours before you go to sleep because of this potential for reduced nighttime blood glucose levels. Glucagon is less well known. It's interesting that too much insulin has an influence on the pancreas to produce too little glucagon. Glucagon does just the opposite of what insulin does. Glucagon is the fat burning hormone. Now, you may quickly conclude that glucagon is the good guy and insulin is the bad guy but we really need both, but in appropriate metabolic balance. For instance, even a little bit of exercise tends to lower insulin levels and increase glucagon levels. A person ought to be able to tilt this balance in his favor without exercising himself into exhaustion or going on a really crazy diet.

So, you can see that Collatrim is a useful addition to any weight management program or can be used by itself to good advantage.

Each 16-oz. bottle is a 32-day supply. Contains bovine collagen, aloe vera juice, citric acid and natural flavor. -David Satterlee
I have been using Collatrim and am very happy with it. I have now gone from a size 54 to a 36-38 and a lot of this is due lately to this product. I had a lot of fat around my hips and stomach and I just had a hard time getting rid of it. Shortly after starting Collatrim I noticed that the fat seemed more fluid and was just melting away. I take it just before bed as directed but I also take it immediately upon getting up since I get up at 6:30 and don't drink my Muscle drink until after I work out at the gym. I feel that this has been an additional push to lose weight.

I am concerned though. I have heard from several who are on the same program I am (Fen Chi and Fat Grabber) that as soon as they stopped taking them they began to gain weight back. You do need to change your frame of mind as to what and how much you are going to eat. It is a mind thing. -Jack Welch
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My husband, Don, has been taking Collatrim for two weeks, grumbling every day that it wasn't doing him any good since he hadn't lost any weight. Yesterday while working in the yard, his levis started to slip off. When he came in I was razzing him because his pants were hanging so low. So, now he has decided he must be burning fat after all. He hasn't changed his diet at all--in fact has eaten way too much at way too many Christmas parties. -Kay Lubecke
The Collatrim is an amber color. The taste is for a reason. The reason our product taste worse than "THE OTHER" is the ours has something like 20-25% more collagen in it, thus making it stronger and more effective.

Since you only have to take 1 tbs. per night I just take it and chase it with some Nature's Spring water. I have told many of my customers that I found this out by accident but it helps. If the folks will brush their teeth first, then quickly swallow the tablespoon of Collatrim then the taste will not be nearly as bad.

If you talk to any of those folks in detail, you will find that their product is not all that great tasting either. It is because of the collagen.

It is like the old saying, "NO PAIN NO GAIN". Well they will have to deal with the taste, to get the marvelous results. I've have switched several Colarad folks over to Collatrim and even had a distributor of Colarad signed up under me, she is now going to change over all her customers. Exciting huh. -Lisa Canon
Collatrim & Joints
Q: I can't make any claims about what it will do, BUT...I have several clients who are using Collatrim for healing different areas(it's not JUST for weight loss!!).

My 13yr old son tests for this for his knees. He has Osgood-Schlotter's of the knees(the fascia pulls away from the bone because he's growing so fast) and is very active in sports. Using the Collatrim 1Tbsp 3xday has really helped. He muscle-tested for this amount specifically for this problem as well as Sever's of the ankle's(same problem, just different discoverer and named after him! When he stays on it, his knees don't swell and ankles don't hurt. YEA!

I also have a 42yr old male client who has had numerous surgeries on both knees and is a candidate for knee replacement surgery but has avoided it for years. After being on this product for just 48 hrs(with other herbs in his program), the swelling had decreased measurably. His wife was measuring am and pm just to see if it made a difference! It did/does! He is more active than he's been in a long time. He's able to do yard work that requires squatting and clean the pool, etc. He's even been teaching his son some moves from his football days that he's not attempted in years. The side benefit has been the weight loss.

If you read about the amino acids that are in Collatrim you will discover they are great for healing connective tissue disorders. It seems in synergy with the other contents this isn't just a weight loss product! However, without muscle testing, I would not have used it so extensively with people for other reasons. -Mary Jepperson
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
I can't remember who it was that had said that Collatrim worked for connective tissue repair. I asked some advise on my mother who is 61, that had a bilateral knee replacement. It worked quick! It has been 4 days and she can sleep better because the pain is almost gone and of course she can walk better! She sounded great when I called her. -Barb Schumann
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: