Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index Nature's Sunshine Products NSP
For customer and distributor discussions of Nature's Sunshine Products. Not an official site of NSP.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Colloidal Minerals

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CombinedNSP
Site Admin

PostPosted: Dec Sat 16, 2006 1:38 pm    Post subject: Colloidal Minerals Reply with quote

Colloidal Minerals

I had a customer question me about taking colloidal minerals. She felt that one could take too much and it could be damaging to her body. So she is not comfortable taking the colloidals. I could not respond to her in an educated manner about the question, so your help would be appreciated. Is it possible to take too much of the colloidal minerals or macro minerals? When does it become damaging to your body? -Georgie Albert
- - - - - - - - - -
I spoke to a few medical doctors as well as seasoned herbalists on just this subject. No one knows for sure just how much minerals to use as it depends on how the body utilizes, liver function, diet, exercise and mobility. The body will use what is needed and excrete un-needed minerals. The only ones that can become a problem are oil based such as too much vitamin A, E and D. Colloidal minerals are wrapped with a protein to make them more available to the body and the body will usually react to too much with signs such as diarrhea. But it takes allot to do this. NSP formulates with just the safe amount that is necessary so I would not worry about getting too much. Follow the directions on the label. NSP does the research and I trust what they say. -Suzanne
- - - - - - - - - -
A few years ago I read that colloidal minerals were not as good for one as chelated minerals but can't remember the details. I was using NSP's colloidal minerals but discontinued when I learned it had a preservative in it. I contacted customer service and was told it was a natural form of the preservative (can't remember what preservative was right now). It introduced doubt into my mind about nsp at that time.

I was recently told that one reason for low back pain may be due to mineral deficiency. Could someone give me input on this preservative in the colloidal mineral. I want to start it again. Thanks. -Marianne
- - - - - - - - - -
There is a letter on the regarding excipents in products from Dale Lee.

Actually, you shouldn't be too upset at NSP. They tried to stay ala natural in earlier years, but the shelf life was SO short that they had to try to find as natural as possible a way to prevent our products from spoiling. In the case of the minerals, it would actually form mold in the bottle in a very short time without something to preserve it. IF the letter on Excipents doesn't explain the sodium benzoate in the Colloidal Minerals -- write to "Questions@natr.com" and ask them. They will send the letter to best qualified person to answer.
Hope this helps you. G.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: