Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index Nature's Sunshine Products NSP
For customer and distributor discussions of Nature's Sunshine Products. Not an official site of NSP.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Colonoscopy & Herbs

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CombinedNSP
Site Admin

PostPosted: Dec Sat 16, 2006 1:34 pm    Post subject: Colonoscopy & Herbs Reply with quote

Colonoscopy & Herbs

My Dr. wants me to have a colonoscopy because of occult blood found on 1 stool specimen. I am debating about doing it. I would be completely sedated for it. What herbs or vitamins do I need to stop & for how long before the procedure? I know vitamin E affects bleeding time. I take quite a few others-valerian, dandelion, licorice, Nutri Calm, black current seed, zinc, vitamin (2000 mg). I am planning on consulting with an alternative therapist also. -Naomi
- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
A colonoscopy is just a diagnostic tool. It is relatively painless with the anesthetic they will administer. Just for the sake of having nothing on board that can hinder clotting time. The herbs that you mention can do this such as St. John's, Vitamin E, Vitamin C, cayenne, Ginkgo would not be a good idea. Going a week off would be a good idea. That test is a costly one and I would not want to do it twice if I don't have to. I found that LBS-2 causing staining of the colon and makes the doctor look twice. It has happened to a couple of my clients. The poor doc wanted to know what the heck they were taking. It is really no problem but can hinder the picture. They like to be able to see a nice pink mucosa, not fields of green. -Suzanne
- - - - - - - - - -
Q: If we've been told for years and years that we all need to cleanse because of terrible backup in our colons from our diet, how come in one drink of a gallon of the goop, everyone has a pink colon? How can this be? Is the "clogged colon" thing overblown and exaggerated or is this only the lower part of the colon and most of the impacted or clogged area is higher up? -Annie
- - - - - - - - - -
A colonoscopy is just a diagnostic tool. It is relatively painless with the anesthetic they will administer. Just for the sake of having nothing on board that can hinder clotting time. The herbs that you mention can do this such as St. John's, Vitamin E, Vitamin C, cayenne, Ginkgo would not be a good idea. Going a week off would be a good idea. That test is a costly one and I would not want to do it twice if I don't have to. I found that LBS-2 causing staining of the colon and makes the doctor look twice. It has happened to a couple of my clients. The poor doc wanted to know what the heck they were taking. It is really no problem but can hinder the picture. They like to be able to see a nice pink mucosa, not fields of green. -Suzanne
- - - - - - - - - -
I just had a colonoscopy last month. From what I was told vitamin C can hinder the anesthetic. Also vitamin E can cause bleeding if they need to snip a polyp. I quit taking these supplements 2 days prior and had no difficulties with anything. Gingko and St. John's Wort also should not be taken prior to the procedure and that is all that I know. After I took extra antioxidants and drank a lot of water to flush out the drugs. -Kris
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: