Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index Nature's Sunshine Products NSP
For customer and distributor discussions of Nature's Sunshine Products. Not an official site of NSP.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Cortisol

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CombinedNSP
Site Admin

PostPosted: Dec Sat 16, 2006 1:24 pm    Post subject: Cortisol Reply with quote

Cortisol

Anyone using it yet? I am taking the recommended dosage of 1 three times daily and wondering if it is enough for me. Anyone doing any alternate dosing with results? -Robin
- - - - - - - - - -
As far as amount -- I'd suggest you muscle test, or start with more, perhaps 2, 3 times a day. IF you really need a product, you usually need to start with more than recommended amounts. Then work WITH it -- perhaps starting to walk/making even gradual changes in your diet.

Do, give it some time also . . . . AND make sure your bowels are working well. I always suggest a fiber supplement along with a bowel stimulant if necessary when people are on any weight loss program. Often people actually start losing, but don't eliminate enough, so the pounds don't show on the scale.

And lastly, here's what Steven Horne and Kim Balas have to say about Cortisol.

NATURE'S CORTISOL PRODUCT INFORMATION From Steven Horne:

Prednisone mimics cortisol. Cortisol is anti-inflammatory. The new Cortisol product depresses cortisol levels, which means it will not act as an anti-inflammatory.

This product is for overactive adrenals. Many people with auto-immune disorders and chronic pain have underactive adrenals.

It will, however, help to reduce stress levels by reducing the production of stress hormones.

I'm not certain people should go to the trouble of getting their cortisol levels tested. There will be a questionnaire to help people determine what areas they need to work on and people could try a bottle and see how it works for them.

I've clearly delineated the symptoms of over and under active Adrenals in the ABC+D charts and in the Activating the Healing Response course. It inhibits the adrenals from producing cortisol, which is part of the effect of adaptagens. It also contains many ingredients which balance blood sugar levels.

We'll have a handout on Nature's Cortisol some time after Leader's Conference in Nature's Field newsletter. -Steven Horne
- - - - - - - - - -
I will just add some cortisol info to what Steven has already posted. Cortisol or hydrocortisone serves as the body's primary anti- inflammatory agent and is released from the adrenal gland in response to daylight and diminishes as the sun goes down. (This can be disrupted however by cortisol levels staying increased by looking at a computer at late hours or the light from the TV.)

Emotions greatly affect the level of cortisol in both high and low reactions. (See how watching the late night news with all the bad things that happened for the day and having the light of the TV deliver it throws off our systems?)

If you have a blood test done for AM cortisol readings and it is low then it is associated with chronic inflammation and can be related to chronic exposure to mercury or a serious level of grief over a death or loss of job. (These are both areas that help define ego or how the person defines themselves.)

A high level is most often associated with high blood pressure and some of the assertive "type A" personality. Since cortisol is controlled by the coming and going of daylight, the alteration of the biological clock with people working odd shifts can alter chemistry too. It is in this environment of altered day/night chemistry that Cushing's syndrome is allowed to surface. The steroids they give people for inflammation often causes persistent, inappropriate hypercortisolism, which is Cushing's syndrome.

Since cortisol is a natural anti-inflammatory agent, a high level is also associated with a hindered repair and cancer-fighting response.

Cortisol release parallels the secretion of ACTH from the pituitary as well. After being metabolized it appears in the urine as 17 ketosteroids, 17 ketogenic steroids or 17 hydroxysteroids. Some unmetabolized free cortisol also appears in the urine.

An elevated cortisol level can be associated with jet lag, low melatonin output, high stress, type A personality, HBP, obesity, estrogen replacement therapy, tumors of the adrenal cortex, or Cushing's syndrome.

A depressed cortisol level can be associated with: adrenal insufficiency (this is primarily associated with elevated ACTH), hypothalamus tumor, prolonged stress, Addison's disease (often from autoimmune responses). The lack of cortisol suppression of the feedback mechanism causes a rise in ACTH which in turn causes pigmentation of the skin), congenital adrenal hyperplasia.

By doing an AM cortisol test and seeing that it is low then you can also look at this being caused by disturbances in carbohydrate, fat and protein metabolism, severe insulin sensitivity and hypoglycemia, poor resistance to infection, trauma and stress, chronic inflammation and

hyperpigmentation of skin. These would be good indicators to have them take the new product in the afternoon and evening instead of a morning dose if they have obesity.

Also keep in mind that estrogen therapy can increase transcortin and raise total cortisol without raising the free or active form of it.

Mercury is one now cause of adrenal insufficiency. It acts both directly and indirectly by stimulating autoimmune reactivity that may target the adrenal cortex, the hypothalamus or the anterior pituitary gland. This can be balanced by using the Heavy Metal Detox and Adrenal Support together. -Kimberly Balas
- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Q: I bought the "Cortisol formula" a couple of weeks ago and the NSP representative told me that it could possibly cause weight gain rather than loss! Anyway, I tried it and I weighed this morning and have gained three pounds!!!

Has this happened to anyone else? Has anyone else heard that this product could have an adverse reaction and cause weight gain? Please advise! -Tiffany
- - - - - - - - - -
If you have overactive adrenals and are parasympathetic dominant, you use Cortisol Formula. If you have adrenal exhaustion and are sympathetic dominant, you need Adrenal Support (up to four a day, 2 AM and 2 Noon). Hope this helps! -Sharon Grimes
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: