Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index Nature's Sunshine Products NSP
For customer and distributor discussions of Nature's Sunshine Products. Not an official site of NSP.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

C-Reactive Protein

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CombinedNSP
Site Admin

PostPosted: Dec Sat 16, 2006 1:20 pm    Post subject: C-Reactive Protein Reply with quote

C-Reactive Protein

I have elevated levels of C-reactive protein - my cardiologist tested for this after my annual echo cardiogram where he observed thickening of the heart walls, I have a heart murmur due to valve insufficiency which has not progressed noticeably over the past 4 years. My cardiologist recommended Pravochol or Lipitor to reduce the c-reactive protein, even though my cholesterol is normal. I am looking for research in natural or alternative treatments for c-reactive protein, or to treat the causes of c-reactive protein. Are there other tests that I should have done to measure other indicators such as interleukin-6... -Robert
- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The problem as you probably know with taking those prescribed drugs is you need to watch your liver. This may be why you want to go with alternative. NSP has great supplements for these conditions. I come from a long line of heart disease and I am always looking for ways to stop this curse from continuing through my family. I would use capsicum (cayenne pepper) first and for most. The NSP brand is very potent and that is good. 2 capsules 4 times per day. Lecithin, Cardio Assurance. Cholester Reg., etc. You need to work with someone who is well versed in alternative therapy. -Laura
My mom has the same problem and they put her on folic acid. We also have a history of heart disease in our family, but the doctor only did a EKG. I am very concerned after reading the messages posted on the C- reactive protein. Is there any other tests that should be done? My mother was not referred to a cardiologist. She goes back for more blood work next week. All of her other blood work was good is that usual? -Kimberly Grant
I spoke to someone about C-Reactive Protein some time ago who had good result using Pau De Arco to balance this imbalance. Hope this helps. -S. Mitchell
C Reactive Protein (CRP) is a basic protein that combines with complement to fight bacterial infections. It becomes sticky when combined and is used to glue or pin the bacteria to the cell wall in preparation for the arrival of the segmented neutrophils or polymorphonuclear cells (polys) to finish the kill. A high CRP is associated with bacterial infections and with academia. It is not elevated in exposure to viruses. It is also used to test for the resolution of sepsis in ICU patients when it is low. If it is continually elevated without the evidence of infection it can be associated with a increased risk for a heart attack. -Kimberly Balas
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: