Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index Nature's Sunshine Products NSP
For customer and distributor discussions of Nature's Sunshine Products. Not an official site of NSP.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Deodorant - Recipe

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CombinedNSP
Site Admin

PostPosted: Dec Sat 16, 2006 1:07 pm    Post subject: Deodorant - Recipe Reply with quote

Deodorant - Recipe

Does anyone have a recipe for a natural deodorant, and antiperspirant using EO's. I thought a glycerin base and tea tree, but I'd like a recipe? -Darcy
- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
I use baking soda infused with a drop of essential oil. Take a small container fill it with baking soda and put a drop or 2 of your favorite oil. Shake it up and rub a bit under each arm. I do this over the bathtub because baking soda can get all over the bathroom. If you have carpeting then the stuff that falls on the floor will be carpet fresh (hehe). This works well unless your doing a heavy workout-which who cares how you smell when working out. I'm not sure an antiperspirant is available or a good idea. Hope this helps. -John
I learned many years ago that All Cell Detox (was special formula then) was a great internal deodorant as Liquid Chlorophyll.. and also that the use of an antiperspirant is bad as it can create blocking of thy lymph nodes. -Dina
What about that crystal stone? Is it good or bad? Thanks Annette
Crystal stones don't work to stop body odor. I know many people that use them and they smell terrible. So, people don't fool yourself thinking you smell good when you don't. The baking soda works pretty well unless your doing heavy work or working out. -John
I don't care for the baking soda idea I think it clumps when wet and if anything wouldn't that clogged the glands?

I like the Tea Tree EO in regular glycerin let it get semi solid. It works pretty good. I don't sweat much either, so I don't have a problem there. -Darcy
John, My experience is very good with crystal stones. I use it exclusively. The only problem w/ them that I could think would be if you are using soap that is contains animal fats. If you use a natural soap to bathe, there is a major difference. Excessive body odor could be a sign of toxicity. -Margaret
You hit the nail on the head Margaret! You cannot use unnatural soap to bath it is toxic. I use Nature's Sunshine Concentrate. I put Lavender, Peppermint and Eucalyptus. Peppermint and Eucalyptus stimulate the pores to open and expel debris and promote circulation. The Lavender is relaxing.

Also. toxic liver and stagnated lymphatic system can be a major root cause of why the product is ineffective. -Darcy
Hi John, An another thing that I think influences the toxin build up in our system is the soap powders we use to wash our clothes. I've kind of got away from it. I use Nature's Fresh to presoak spots and Nature's Sunshine Concentrate I made with Tea Tree and citrus EO's, and add borax to the washer.

If you look on the back of the box of soap powders or liquid it is scary. We wear the clothes for a while before changing them, so we are exposed to the phosphates a lot longer gives them the advantage to absorb. Most bath soaps leave a residual and this absorbs into the skin. If you use bleach that is a toxic substances.

I've wipe my house clean of most of these things. I use one cap of NC to one gallon of filtered, and 15 drops of Lemon to make a window cleaner, and I use almond oil with Lemon EO for furniture or wood cleaner. It works out.

If the liver is toxic it will try to eliminate these toxins anyway it can, the skin is one way. So If a product is ineffective I would probably consider these factors. These are my beliefs and thoughts. -Darcy
In Larissa's book AROMATHERAPY FOR BODY, MIND AND SPIRIT she has several
recipes for deodorants.

For Body Odor:

Deodorant Spray 1
2 drops each Thyme, Lemon, Bergamot, Lavender
1/4 tsp witch hazel
1/2 oz. distilled water
Pour ingredients into a glass misting bottle. Spray under arms as needed.

Deodorant Lotion
Use 1-2 drops of Lavender neat under each arm. Or mix 2-3 drops of Geranium in Aloe Vera Gel or Pau d'Arco Lotion and apply under arms. For extremely stressful days, try two drops of Thyme Linalol and 1 drop of Lemon mixed in Pau d'Arco Lotion.

Deodorant Spray 2
1/2 oz apple cider vinegar
3 oz. R.O. or distilled water
1 tsp. witch hazel
30 drops of essential oils of your choice. Or use Larissa's: 7 drops Thyme,
3 drops Geranium, 5 drops Lavender, 3 drops Peppermint, 4 drops Lemon, 3 drops Sandalwood, 2 drops Clove, 3 drops Tea Tree.
Combine ingredients in a 4 oz glass spray bottle. Spray under arms as needed. -Diane Toombs
We sell several natural deodorants here- everything from the crystal, to Jason products, to Tom's of Maine.

The one we sell the most of is from a company called Freelife (Earl Mindell's company) I don't care for most all of his other products (or him) - but this product called Pure Confidence is very good - we sell about 15-20 bottles a month, and I use it. It is made out of oils and zinc. It does take a little getting used to at first, but the people that buy it from us will not use anything else. Let me know if you want the link to purchase it - they sell it at Freelife under the brand name Organic Essentials.

The thing about switching that we tell people is this - it takes 2-9 months to detox from using the anti-perspirants - and that is if you are working at it. Expect rashes, expect to smell, expect your body to now dump out all the stuff you have been keeping in there. This is NORMAL!! It is a normal bodily function to sweat - but you don't have to smell.

As other people have said on this topic - if you are toxic - your lymph system is your 2nd largest elimination system - expect stuff to come out! Stop putting the toxins in in the first place - this is a good place to start. Think about cleansing your other systems as well -

Once your body is done dumping stuff, and you stop putting it back in - it will calm down. You may need to get some pads to use in the meantime, they usually sell these where bras are sold - or use Nature's Fresh - we also sell that as a natural deodorant - and we sell small hand held bottles which are easier to spray for this use. Best of health. -Kasara D'Elene
Wow, thanks for the info, but I've been without deodorant for sometime. I just use Tea Tree EO which works like a charm, and I was looking for a recipe to make my own with a glycerin base.

Excellent advise to a newbie about detoxifying the lymph this is good stuff you told them. I will copy this a keep it for reference for my customers.

I have detox my liver, lymphatics, kidneys, and colon etc., but you are right when I first started detoxifying myself early last year it caused me to perspire and I smelled all this stinge. It did it mostly at night while I sleep. I always take my bath upon rising so I didn't care much. You are so correct the body is so wonderful it will dump as soon as you stop putting junk in it.

I am hoping to get all this antibiotics I inhaled over the years out of my system soon. I have not used nose spray for close to 4 weeks. It was a 25 year habit the Afrin nose spray, that is 3-4 sprays a day. I detox my liver with a coffee enema before I quit and after and I believe it has a been the key to my success at staying off. Now however, I am suffering through a episode of severe allergies, sneezing and itching eyes, but it is almost over. This is what started the whole mess, so it is just going to take time I am flushing these irritants out using Bayberry plus - it is shrinking my nasal membranes, and bring tone back to them. It really isn't a cleanser on the energetic scale, but it makes me sneezing, so that evacuates the irritants. One day I expect to sneeze and all the antibiotic residual will pour out, like what happen to Steven Horne. Thanks -Darcy
Be patient! You are doing so AWESOME Darcy. Sounds like you just experienced a healing crisis - whoo hoo! I am having similar experience right now. Hang in there, and know that you are going to be FREE from Afrin. -Margaret Chair
We use Nature's Fresh with Lavender and or Tea Tree when needed. -LeRae McBroom
My personal experience was that I had what felt like rivers of sweat running from my underarms. Thankfully, I chose to start with natural while at Boy Scout camp with my son - so sweating (it was 95+ every day) was an expected thing. When I came back home, it never occurred again - and I've been using the crystal for about 3 years now.

Margaret, expect rashes, expect to smell, expect your body to now dump out all the stuff you have been keeping in there. This is NORMAL!! It is a normal bodily function to sweat - but you don't have to smell.

As other people have said on this topic - if you are toxic - your lymph system is your 2nd largest elimination system - expect stuff to come out! Stop putting the toxins in in the first place - this is a good place to start. Think about cleansing your other systems as well -

Once your body is done dumping stuff, and you stop putting it back in - it will calm down.
Nature's Fresh makes a great deodorant! -Kimberly Balas
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: