Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index Nature's Sunshine Products NSP
For customer and distributor discussions of Nature's Sunshine Products. Not an official site of NSP.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Depression

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CombinedNSP
Site Admin

PostPosted: Dec Sat 16, 2006 1:06 pm    Post subject: Depression Reply with quote

Depression

I have a family member who abused their body for about 10 years with alcohol and drugs. God has changed their life and they are now trying to take care of their body. But they have a lot of depression now. He is a blood type A and so I put him on Super Supplements; St Johns Wort; B Complex and E. He struggles tremendously with depression. To the point that it scares me. He is really trying though. He wasn't like this before he abused his body. So I told him it is probably all the abuse he did. It will take time to heal his mind and body. Any info or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you. -Chris
- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
First of all, make sure he is getting proper nutrition for the body as well as the spirit. No caffeine, avoiding sugar, eating plenty of fresh greens (NOT head lettuce)-- GOOD food, not fast food and a multi-vitamins, perhaps Super Supplemental and Colloidal Minerals. See how he does then.

Now we're ready for an anti-depressant supplement. Be sure to use ENOUGH to do the job. With St. John's Wart, I think he may have to start with 4 of them, twice a day. IF he doesn't notice any difference with that, try Chinese Mood Elevator (AD-C). With that, use what is recommended on the bottle. With the Chinese combinations - IF you need the product, you would usually take as directed. IF that doesn't work, SAM-e is excellent. Read about it on the forum. This is pricey, BUT a great product. He may have to start with 2, twice daily working up by the day to 4, twice daily for two weeks, then go back to 2, twice daily.

He will be able to tell what is effective for him. Another thing to try, perhaps with one of the above is Omega 3 EPA. (Fish Oils). 4 daily with a Hi Lipase to make sure he can break down and digest the oil. This might be good to introduce with his Multi Vitamins. It's good for almost everybody. . . . . if he doesn't need it emotionally, it certainly will help his heart. Do let us know what works with this gentleman. My prayers are with him. -Georgiana
Q: My sister emailed me about a friend who suffers from life long depression. Had been on Celexa but has stopped, she is taking Allegra D for allergies. She is apprx 40 and small built. What would you all suggest she take for her depression that will be compatible with Allegra D? I am going to try to get her off the Allegra D and get her on ALJ. Your guidance is greatly appreciated. Thanks -Val
First of all, it's not that simple. Depression is a WHOLE BODY ILLNESS. If this has been ongoing for 40 years, there's more than a brain chemical imbalance going on here. Low thyroid function is associated with the same symptoms as depression; so is sluggish digestion or congested liver (where allergy problems come from). Tests given by Western doctors can only track low thyroid function if it's at least 50% reduced. She can do a test (oh, I forget the name of it) that can detect much lower functioning (like at 15%): each morning for three consecutive days, before getting out of bed or moving, place a thermometer in the armpit and take the temp. Do an average of the three consecutive days, and if the temp is below 98.6, there's a likelihood of some low thyroid functioning (which is part of a hormonal imbalance). ALJ will not alleviate the root of the problem (it's best for sneezing and wheezing). Also, acupuncture is HIGHLY recommended here; Chinese Medicine Theory would probably explain that there's congestion in her liver and possibly Stagnate Chi. Mood Elevator (AD-C) is more likely to help her than ALJ or Celexa. Have her try 1-2 capsules in the a.m. after breakfast (because it contains digestive herbs); it's a powerful formula and usually doesn't require the dosage suggested on the bottle. BP-C is a good overall tonic to re-balance all of the body's hormones and build up the Yin of the Blood (a deficiency sometimes associated with depression/congested liver). Note: DO NOT take BP-C during menstruation, as it will increase bleeding. Take only the two weeks after menstruation completely stops. After that, continue with the Mood Elevator. If there's no improvement within 30-60 days, get her to an acupuncturist! Good luck. -Redhawk
I know that if she is Type A blood, the Nervous Fatigue formula is very beneficial. I am using that along with Super GLA to treat my depression. -Frankie
Q: Has anyone had REAL success treating severe depression. I have an individual who has been on meds for years and finally decided to go for electo-shock therapy (mistake!). Now, well over a year later, she is being switched constantly from one med to another and she feels sick all the time and still has her depression. She does hold down a job (although she has had to cut back on the hours she works) but she is not enjoying life at all. Any experience with real success treating depression would be appreciated. Thanks. -CM TIAM
Start with the colon. Bifidophilus and add some Mood Elevator -Kimberly
The gut is very important, as Kim has pointed out.
You might also look into getting the sets of tapes and booklets, Blues Clues - clues to why people have depresion and anxiety disorders ans Promises; Paxil and Prozac - Focusing on the story of Charlie Finch and how to heal from the disorders leading to the use of these drugs as well as healing from the therapies themselves
they are $9 a set and can be obtained by calling NSP on Tape at 1-800-811-1132 All products in these booklets are NSP.
It is a long road but there can be light at the end of the tunnel, God bless -Karen A Jensen
Depression runs in my family unfortunately and I have to be on top of it constantly. I find that several things help reduce and sometimes even minimize it. One thing I do is use uplifting essential oil. Orange is great by itself but mixed with a little cinnamon and clove is excellent. I also try to remove myself from the normal routine and do something different, also what I call "earth therapy". On a grass mat, lay down on a peaceful place in the grass and close your eyes and absorb the healing energies from the source from which we are made. Breathe deeply and relax. These are just a few of my methods. -Anita
Q: I have a friend who has been struggling with depression all her life. She has been on several anti-depression drugs, which have not been very effective. She is currently off all drugs and would like to try something natural. Thanks in advance for your help. - I. Smith
Depression all her life? This is much more than an emotional problem. Remember, depression is always a whole-body illness. Rarely is it ever truly a problem with brain chemical imbalances. It's usually rooted in liver stagnation, according to Traditional Chinese Medicine. Also, there are probably other organ disharmonies, if she has been a long-time sufferer of imbalances. Depression is often a symptom rather than the root cause itself. Does your friend live in a state that licenses TCM doctors? An Oriental Medicine doctor, also licensed in acupuncture, would be able to help greatly - provided your friend is willing to make any necessary dietary and lifestyle changes that are recommended.

In the meantime, Mood Elevator is a good supplement. It's a powerful one, so instead of following the dosage prescription on the bottle, start her off with 2 capsules just in the morning, after breakfast (it contains digestive herbs, so always take following a meal). Later, she can add 1-2 capsules at lunchtime, if needed. Should the problem persist, I HIGHLY recommend her getting to a TCM doctor - and her "depression" will be taken care of fairly quickly with acupuncture.

No one needs to "suffer" with depression - it's very treatable without prescription meds. Good luck to her. -Redhawk
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: