Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index Nature's Sunshine Products NSP
For customer and distributor discussions of Nature's Sunshine Products. Not an official site of NSP.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Tendinitis

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CombinedNSP
Site Admin

PostPosted: Dec Thu 14, 2006 2:09 pm    Post subject: Tendinitis Reply with quote

Tendinitis

Have been diagnosed with tendinitis, left thumb between joints. Feeling similar to burning when thumb is outstretched and electrical shock when touched. Doctor recommends daily dose of Ibuprofen to eliminate inflammation any ideas for healing. -Cindy
- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
I had tendinitis years ago. I had it in the wrist joint. I wore a brace and tried conventional shots treatment and nothing helped. Ii went for acupuncture and after treatments the doc said that it did not seem to be helping either. Finally in desperation after having it for almost a year I followed a suggestion. Too easy, I had thought, but it did the job. I used a soft gel ice pack. Wrapped it in a sock and put it around my wrist every night when I went to bed. It took months. Also used it once in awhile while I watched TV in the evening and it was gone. I have never had it back again the man that told me about this had it in both of his elbows and it took him several months to get rid of it. You have to be faithful doing it, though. Hope that this works for you. -Kathy
Hi Cindy, I have a client that tried Target Endurance which helps strengthen tendons ligaments and muscles along with Glucosamine. They have found relief also for external help. You could use Capsaicin Gel or Tei Fu Lotion or use Tei Fu Oil with heat. Hope this helps. -Paige
Hi Cindy, I think you need to look into magnets. -Ruby
Q: I have a 60 year old client with severe tendinitis. He is on EverFlex, EverFlex Creme and Omega 3's. He has seen some improvement but the elbow is so painful he cannot even touch it. He is also losing strength in the arm and in his hand grip. Any suggestions would be helpful. Thanks so much. -Stephanie
How much Omega 3 and which one? Super Omega 3 EPA is what he needs -- Possibly as many as 5 or 6, twice daily along with Hi Lipase to help break it down and digest it. Then we have the new IF Relief and the Nature's Phenyltol -- possibly 4 of each of them at a time. Then maybe Magnesium or Fibralgia and Magnesium along with the others. I had terrible pain from an accident and those products are what has helped me. BUT, they didn't help until I took enough of them.

I do use the EverFlex and EverFlex Cream for my knee -- but it doesn't help my arm at all. I use the AC Healing Cream at night before bed.

I have a lady who swears by no more than B-complex and B-6. She started with a dozen B's and a half dozen B-6, now only takes one of each. She worked with her hands and had terrible pain.

He may have to look at other issues -- pH (diet, more greens, pH GreenZone and maybe Sea Calcium). Hope something here may help him out. -G.
You can also try using Deep Relief essential oil blend. Put two drops into some lotion or a carrier oil (NSP's massage oil is great). I've had a lot of clients feel relief immediately using this. Don't use this, however, if he is on a blood thinner or any type of liver or kidney problems. -Andrew
Andrew - Please explain . . . . I wasn't aware of these restrictions. Yes, I DO love Deep Relief also . . -G.
In Larissa Jones' book "Aromatherapy for Body, Mind and Spirit," she states under the contraindications for cinnamon and clove what I had mentioned in the previous post. Deep relief contains clove (ginger and nutmeg also). Since all of these oils have the same properties (warming, increase circulation, chemical constituentsies, etc.) I have always given people the contraindications. Better safe than sorry. Although, truth be told, I've never heard of anyone having any sort of problem using ANY essential oil for therapeutic purposes. Dilution ratios are key. 21 drops of an oil/blend of oils per ounce of carrier. Hope this answers your question. -Andrew
You are correct about the warning --- people on blood thinners OR with bleeding disorders (such as myself) cannot use anything with an anti-inflammatory property, because they work by thinning the blood. Helichrysum is another oil that must be avoided or diluted way down prior to application (there are more, but this is the most powerful.) -Sharon Grimes
I had tendinitis in my wrist and wore a brace for 10 months before I tried a suggestion from a friend. He had it in both elbows, and told me that he "cured" it by icing his elbows everyday a couple of times a day for 3 months. It seemed too easy. When nothing else helped me I finally tried it and faithfully used a soft ice pack on it once or twice a day for about 45 minutes. I did it for 3 months (don't give up it does take that long) and the tendinitis was finally gone. I put the ice pack in a tube sock and wrapped it around my wrist and pinned it, so that it was secure. That was 10 years ago, and it has never returned. I hope that he would try this simple suggestion. -Kathy
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: