Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index Nature's Sunshine Products NSP
For customer and distributor discussions of Nature's Sunshine Products. Not an official site of NSP.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Diabetes & Cortisol

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CombinedNSP
Site Admin

PostPosted: Dec Sat 16, 2006 1:00 pm    Post subject: Diabetes & Cortisol Reply with quote

Diabetes & Cortisol

I was reading the latest Nature's Field on Stress and wondered if anyone has any medical knowledge to answer my questions. I have diabetes that is out of control. I have worked with Dr. Rodier and pretty much exhausted everything natural. We are now going thru meds, as the first two have not worked either. My question has to do with cortisol. I know that ordinarily cortisol spikes will rise blood sugar, but could the adrenals be so exhausted that one does not have enough cortisol? When I take Nature's Cortisol Formula it tends to make my fasting worse. Also, too little cortisol can allow inflammation problems. I had some knee inflammation a couple of years ago and it was taken care of rather quickly. It has returned and I have been taking Devil's Claw for a while (at least 2 bottles). I weaned down and stopped last week as I thought things were better. When I bent (at the knee) down to the floor today I realized that things are not 100%. Is there a blood test to check for cortisol levels and/or adrenal function? Any help would be appreciated. -Patti
- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The blood panel, if you know how to look at it can totally address this type of issue. Yes, you can order saliva or blood testing to check cortisol levels.

It sounds like you aren't getting enough fats in your diet. When you don't the body runs on insulin. I would increase the good fats to 1/2 your body weight in grams of fat. If you make the first three bites of every meal a fat then the body retrains to not run on insulin and the cortisol normalizes as well as inflammation going down.

I would also add in lots of omega 3 here.
I would also look at the blood work for pesticide toxicity.
-Kimberly D. Balas, PhD, ND
Board Certified Naturopath
- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
I have found that sometimes people who are diagnosed as diabetic are Hypoglycemic. Myself I was diagnosed as Hypoglycemic wrongly as I learned more and more I knew I was diabetic right from pre-teens!
So what to do?
Well we have two products, Pro Pancreas and HYA. The former only a diabetic will test for! The latter only a Hypoglycemic will test for!
So I have the person hold both bottles a wee time then place one down. Test, place that one down and test with the other. Which ever one they test strong for they will be. Now if it is Pro Pancreas I then test for the daily number of capsules required. A really bad diabetic will test anything up to 25 per day. The average is just 6. If they only require so few they need to be tested regularly as they may be ready to pass back through to Hypoglycemia. It took me about 19 years before I was no longer diabetic. I also test for the amount required for the HYA person.
Both are always so short of real Protein. (Seeds, Nuts and Grains)
I find the symptoms of diabetes and Hypoglycemia are so similar! They both can go high and both can go low! The last lady I knew within me that she was not diabetic by her symptoms were more hypoglycemic. But I waited until I had her hold the two bottles. When she did I was correct so I told her and she said the Russian Lady Doctor had told her the same thing. -Valerie
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: