Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index Nature's Sunshine Products NSP
For customer and distributor discussions of Nature's Sunshine Products. Not an official site of NSP.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Diabetes

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CombinedNSP
Site Admin

PostPosted: Dec Sat 16, 2006 12:58 pm    Post subject: Diabetes Reply with quote

Diabetes

Bowel Cleansing with fiber (Jack's Cleanse is good) is imperative. The fiber slows down the release of glucose into the system. Breaking down and digesting food is important. So he will want to take both PDA and enzymes. Pro-Pancreas helps the pancreas and additional Golden Seal will bring the blood sugar down rapidly. Then you want trace minerals (Colloidal Minerals, etc) and Chromium to regulate the blood sugar.

Note: It is very important that he test his blood sugar consistently. It can come down very fast with this program. A downline had a man years ago who did not, apparently believe the herbs would work and kept taking his insulin without a blood test. He went into insulin shock. This will not happen so long as his blood sugar is monitored closely.

Depending on his weight and diet he should be able to get off of his insulin within two months max. I had really good success with this program. -Georgiana Duncan)
- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
I would give him Pro-Pancreas-14, and Believe it or not Pyruvate-800. Read the book, it has been proven to increase glucose production in Diabetics. And of course the Target P-14 will help to stimulate the pancreas to produce more insulin. -Billy Witten
I spoke at a local hospital about a year & a half ago. I had a lady (early 30's) come up to me & asked if I had ever hear of candida. (If she only knew!!!!!) She proceeded to tell me that she had diabetes for 15 years. Her MD put her on Nystatin (sp) and Dr. Crooks Yeast Connection Diet 4 weeks prior to her talking with me. She told me that her diabetes was CURE (according to her MD) within TWO WEEKS of starting the candida program.

Keeping this in mind, my mom called me about 2 weeks ago & said she had a client with diabetes that had yeast in mouth & vaginal area, etc. The lady's doctor told her to go find an herb lady because he couldn't do anything for her but the herb lady could! Go figure. Anyways...At my suggest, she's doing the silver 1 Tablespoon morning & evening with 4 acidophilus ONE HOUR AFTER taking the silver. Along with the liquid minerals and Mom has her one some multi. She's going to start Jack's cleanse after her 21 days of no carbs. Along with a parasite cleanse. After ONE WEEK, her blood sugar dropped from 285 to over 300 to on the low side of normal. She can't believe how wonderful she feels. She is having a bit of a problem regulating her blood sugar IF she delays eating - once she eats she's fine. She's started to cut down on her insulin. -Janel Messenger
I have dealt with 2 cases of insulin-dependent diabetes that were BOTH caused by CANDIDA!!! Believe it or not! One "cured" (her MD's diagnoses) within TWO weeks of the diet & supplements after 15 years of being dependent! The other is just starting to wean off the insulin and is doing great! I would do a candida program ASAP. Check the diet on the FAQ page. Then I would also add some bowel cleansing and possibly the Pyruvate Just in case it is more than candida... -Janel Messenger

Parasites in the pancreas can cause diabetes....check out garlic, Black Walnut, Artemisia, and of course, Para Cleanse. -Christine Takerian
B Blood type & diabetes (Incl Cats)
Cats are B blood type and respond in an insulin reaction way to grains much like a human with B blood type. I would eliminate as many of those as possible and try some proteins or protein powder (non-soy) with greens. The Ultimate Green Zone would be fine here. The dairy is out because of the rBGH factor. It puts stress on the pancreas. Try the eyebright plus with bilberry and lutein. This can help with the insulin resistance in a gentle way as to not bottom out blood sugar. -Kimberly Balas
It CAN be structural. I think it is some where in the T region. A pinched nerve (slipped disc) that goes to the pancreases. -Lawrence Nicholas
Type II diabetes is insulin resistant diabetes and in that type the pancreas still does produce insulin. The key is overcoming insulin resistance of the cells in type II diabetes. Nopal is helpful there as well as a whole host of other herbs and supplements. My personal favorite is still Target P-14. Diet is also very important as is exercise in helping Type II diabetes. -Steven Horne
I've found that there are many diseases that are not caused by the apparent. As in diabetes, there are those that don't have a defective pancreas although insulin injections definitely control their high blood sugar. One person found that it was the epithelial cells of the bladder and some heart weakness that caused the sugar imbalance. When those organs were fortified, the sugar imbalance was rectified and those nutrients replaced the insulin injections. Since you MT, challenge the other organs when you find insulin resistance (in the case, of type II) and you may be surprised that it may not be the pancreas after all.

In Reams, Theory of Biological Ionization (CNHP class), I learned from reading the book from Dr. Beddoe, that a dropping carbohydrate or sugar pattern, with low potassium, low salt (conductivity) and acidic pH can cause mental confusion and sleepiness during the day, but insomnia at night. If the carbohydrate is in excess, this too can cause low oxygen to the brain and high alcohol (produced from the excess sugar). Low carb pattern, I would recommend carrot juice. High carb pattern, celery or green juice.

Dietary changes will help with the pH. Herbally you can balance the low potassium and low salt (add colloidal minerals or mineral rich herbs, or potassium chloride sprinkled in water), you can also soak in baking soda and natural salt bath. If she goes into a serious condition, coma type, make the body has cool as possible.

The above recommendations are for acute situations for your sister. For chronic conditions you need to incorporate some of the above, get them stabilized and use diet and herbs. -Sharlene Miyamura
I've been working with a gentleman who is an adult diabetic. He has been on insulin for over 10 years. We started him on Liquid Chlorophyll, Food Enzymes, Natures Three, LBS II, and Target P-14. After about 6 weeks, once his system was working more regularly and efficiently, we increased the amount of Target P-14. One time he ran out of the Target P-14 and he bought some GTF Chromium and Nopal from me. These seemed to be just as effective in balancing his blood sugar. It's been almost a year now and he is completely off his insulin. He did it himself. He takes a combination of the Target P-14, Nopal, and Chromium. When I first met him he looked like a bloated, pasty ghost. He has color in his cheeks now, could stand to lose maybe 20 pounds, but looks and feels soooooooooooo much better. -Peggy Day
A type II diabetic told me that after using aromatherapy for 3 months, he found that his glucose had dropped from a high reading of 12mmol/l to 8mmol/l. He used 50/50 of Eucalyptus and Sandalwood essential oils. -Nolee
DECREASE YOUR SLEEP AND INCREASE YOUR RISK FOR DIABETES
A chronic lack of sleep may cause far more serious problems than a tendency to nod off the next day. People who do not get enough sleep on a regular basis may become less sensitive to insulin which, over time, can raise the risk of obesity, high blood pressure and diabetes.

In fact, Dr. Eve Van Cauter at the University of Chicago found that chronic sleep deprivation--6.5 hours or less of sleep a night--had the same effect on insulin resistance as aging.

Just like poor diet, sedentary lifestyle, chronic stress and aging, sleep loss is a risk factor for type 2 diabetes. Type 2 diabetes occurs when the body loses its ability to respond to insulin, the body's key blood sugar-regulating hormone. This insulin resistance causes blood sugar levels to rise, which in turn can increase the risk for a number of serious medical complications including kidney damage, heart disease, blindness and lower limb amputations.

According to the study healthy adults who averaged 316 minutes of sleep a night--about 5.2 hours--over 8 consecutive nights secreted 50% more insulin than their more rested counterparts who averaged 477 minutes of sleep a night, or about 8 hours. As a result, "short sleepers'' were 40% less sensitive to insulin.

The researchers suggest that sleep deprivation, which is becoming commonplace in industrialized countries, may play a role in the current epidemic of type 2 diabetes. A poll by the National Sleep Foundation found a steady decline in the number of hours Americans sleep each night. In 1975, the average American slept 7.5 hours, down from 9 hours in 1910. Today, adults sleep about 7 hours a night.
Source: American Diabetes Association's Annual Meeting June 25, 2001 Philadelphia
-Georgiana Duncan
Diabetes Drug Dangers
Some doctors prescribe metformin, the most widely used type 2 diabetes treatment drug, for patients who are also suffering from congestive heart failure or kidney dysfunction despite clear warnings on the drug's packaging not to do so. A new study conducted at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill showed 22 of 100 randomly selected patients taking metformin suffered from one or both of the dangerous co-conditions. "Our findings are consistent with several recent studies in Europe that documented similar rates of inappropriate metformin prescribing," UNC researchers said. "We are concerned that these patients may be at risk of a serious medical condition known as lactic acidosis, which can be life-threatening." Researchers recommend doctors and other health care providers improve their documentation of risks of lactic acidosis and offer counseling to patients taking the drug.
Editorial Note: Lactic acidosis, a disorder characterized by an accumulation of lactic acid in the blood that causes oxygen starvation in tissues. It may occur after vigorous exercise, or from liver impairment, respiratory failure, tumors, or heart and blood vessel diseases. Excerpted from Mosby's Medical Encyclopedia Copyright (c) 1994-5, 1996, 1997 The Learning Company Inc. All Rights Reserved
-Richard Ask
Diabetes Drugs Get FDA Warnings
Warnings about heart and liver risks have been officially added to the labels of two popular diabetes drugs that are similar to a drug pulled from the market two years ago because of potentially causing fatal liver damage. The drugs are Avandia, made by GlaxoSmithKiline, and Actos, from Eli Lilly & Co. The Food and Drug Administration yesterday posted information about the possible health risks on the Medwatch section of its website, which informs doctors and the public. The previous drug, Rezulin, made by Parke-Davis/Warner-Lambert, was recalled in 2000 after numerous users of the drug developed serious and fatal liver problems. -Richard Ask
I would use Coral Calcium and Vitamin A&D (at least 2 a day). No vitamin C until his pH is above 6.4. His sugar will drop as pH rises. Also he needs to drink a lot of water. When someone gets on a Reams program with high sugar they probably have high conductivity too (I don't guess, I use a Refractometer and Conductivity meter), they'll drink water every half hour for 10 hours each day. Typically 4 ounces each time, depending on the weight and how much conductivity. All this will help bring up pH. In using RBTI we use vitamin D to move the pH in an alkaline direction for those with a urine pH below 6.4. The alkaline pH strengthens the effect of insulin. Chottsie
Here are my notes on the phone call about HY-C. For dryness in the body. We are talking about type 2 diabetes--not type 1 where there is no or little production of insulin. In type 2 diabetes there is high production of insulin, there is insulin resistance. This causes dry mouth, skin and eyes and constant thirst. High blood sugar makes thirst--sugar and water not getting into the cells. Major cause of obesity, heart problems. If your waist is bigger than your hips you are part of this! Try HY-C 2 or 3, 3x a day for several days and you will not be so thirsty. Hope this helps. -Marilyn Navarro
I would be willing to bet that if he used celery as a base for his juice,(3or so) and added Carrots (1 to 1.5) he would still have the good taste and his blood sugar would go down. He needs to get one of the "testers". There are many around, and he can see immediately (usually within 45 minutes) what the results are of any food he eats. Some people have to wait for 2 hours, but I can usually tell within 45 minutes. I think to help with the acidity that Spirulina and Green Zone...also Noni I think would be useful. -Kathy MacLaren
I would try Ultimate GreenZone twice per day and do some building things like Spleen Activator and Trigger Immune (if there is no autoimmune disorder present). He needs building. -Kimberly Balas
Have you considered having her do the blood type diet. I know a lady who was severely overweight and her blood sugar was yo-yo-ing up and down. She started on the blood type diet and lost a lot of weight (almost 100 #) and her blood sugar has stabilized. -Marilyn Dickerson
Ginseng Extract May Help Obesity and Diabetes
Scientists from the University of Chicago, in the US, have said that an extract of ginseng berry could prove to be a major weapon in the fight against obesity, and could also provide a whole new array of treatments for diabetes. After injecting the extract into overweight mice with diabetes the researchers found the mice lost more than 10 per cent of their body weight in 12 days. The extract also had effects on the symptoms of diabetes, by completely normalizing blood glucose levels. The research is published in the journal Diabetes. -Richard Ask
Yes, IGF-1 is good for diabetics. -Inge Wetzel
My notes from a conference call featuring Dr. Duerte about IGF-1, say "Yes for diabetics". -Deborah Fischer
Syndrome X, Diabetes and Inflammation: The Foundation of Modern
Disease Dr. Hugo Rodier - NHC Preview

* Glycosylation - poor sugars

* Syndrome X - diabetes, high blood pressure, obesity - all the same thing

* Hyperinsulinemia is the common denominator between all of these

* If you are having trouble with every protein in your body because you are eating sugar, every thing else will fall apart! The last five Nobel prizes for medicine have all been awarded for cell communication - we have 1 trillion cells that all communicate! Sugars disrupt cell communication on every level -

* hormones, insulin production,

* Cell receptors - glyco proteins

* Without communication, no function! You are messing with the messengers and the receptors.

* Hyperinsulinemia - from insulin resistance (cell receptors are so ill they cannot uptake the insulin, so it goes all throughout the body and causes all kinds of disease - Type 2 diabetes

* Look for hyperinsulinemia article in newspapers when you get home

- proceedings of the National Academy of Science

* Alzheimer's - Reagan's jelly bellies - inflammatory disease

* Immune system - made up of glyco-proteins - so it is quickly comprised by diet high in sugar

* Blocks normal production of neuro-transmitters (manufactured in the gut) - produces yeast - yeast feeds sugar

* Probiotics will even help with depression!

* Improve immune system in the gut, and you will even improve heart disease
-Sharon Grimes
Vitamin D May Be Antidote for Diabetes
World Entertainment News Network--Making sure that babies and young children get enough vitamin D can reduce their risk of developing diabetes, scientists say. Type 1 diabetes, which starts at an early age, has been associated with a deficiency of vitamin D, the so-called sunshine vitamin, which is also found in fortified milk and dairy products, cod liver oil and some fatty fish. When Dr Elina Hypponen, of the Institute of Child Health in London and her colleagues in Finland compared the health of more than 12,000 children they found that the youngsters who had been given vitamin D supplements were 80 per cent less likely to develop diabetes than children not given the vitamin. -Richard Ask
Diabetes Type II
Bowel Cleansing with fiber (Jack's Cleanse is good) is imperative. The fiber slows down the release of glucose into the system. Breaking down and digesting food is important. So he will want to take both PDA and enzymes. Pro-Pancreas helps the pancreas and additional Golden Seal will bring the blood sugar down rapidly. Then you want trace minerals (Colloidal Minerals, etc) and Chromium to regulate the blood sugar.
Note: It is very important that he test his blood sugar consistently. It can come down very fast with this program. A downline had a man years ago who did not, apparently believe the herbs would work and kept taking his insulin without a blood test. He went into insulin shock. This will not happen so long as his blood sugar is monitored closely.
Depending on his weight and diet he should be able to get off of his insulin within two months max. I had really good success with this program. -Georgiana Duncan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
I would give him Target P-14, and Believe it or not Pyruvate-800. Read the book, it has been proven to increase glucose production in Diabetics. And of course the Target P-14 will help to stimulate the pancreas to produce more insulin. -Billy Witten
Diabetes and Cycle
I spoke at a local hospital about a year & a half ago. I had a lady (early 30s) come up to me and asked if I had ever hear of candida. (If she only knew!!) She proceeded to tell me that she had diabetes for 15 years. Her MD put her on Nystatin (sp) and Dr. Crooks Yeast Connection Diet 4 weeks prior to her talking with me. She told me that her diabetes was CURED (according to her MD) within TWO WEEKS of starting the candida program.

Keeping this in mind, my mom called me about 2 weeks ago and said she had a client with diabetes that had yeast in mouth and vaginal area, etc. The lady's doctor told her to go find an herb lady because he couldn't do anything for her but the herb lady could! Go figure. Anyways...At my suggest, she's doing the Colloidal Silver 1 Tablespoon morning & evening with 4 Acidophilus ONE HOUR AFTER taking the silver. Along with the liquid Colloidal Minerals and Mom has her on some multi. She's going to start Jack's cleanse after her 21 days of no carbs. Along with a parasite cleanse. After ONE WEEK, her blood sugar dropped from 285 to over 300 to on the low side of normal. She can't believe how wonderful she feels. She is having a bit of a problem regulating her blood sugar IF she delays eating - once she eats she's fine. She's started to cut down on her insulin yesterday (2/3/98). -Janel Messenger
I have dealt with 2 cases of insulin-dependent diabetes that were BOTH caused by CANDIDA! Believe it or not! One "cured" (her MD's diagnoses) within TWO weeks of the diet and supplements after 15 years of being dependent! The other is just starting to wean off the insulin and is doing great!. Then I would also add some bowel cleansing and possibly the Pyruvate-800. Just in case it is more than candida. -Janel
Parasites in the pancreas can cause diabetes....check out Garlic, Black Walnut, Artemisia, and of course, Para Cleanse. -Christine Takerian
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: