Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index Nature's Sunshine Products NSP
For customer and distributor discussions of Nature's Sunshine Products. Not an official site of NSP.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Dog - Anal Glands

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CombinedNSP
Site Admin

PostPosted: Dec Sat 16, 2006 11:41 am    Post subject: Dog - Anal Glands Reply with quote

Dog - Anal Glands

I have a miniature dachshund weighing 16 lbs. She is 6 years old. About a year ago she suffered terribly with a blocked anal gland. The Vet performed surgery as it was so impacted swollen and infected. She was then put on a course of antibiotics and cortesone. All was fine until aprox 3 months ago when same thing occurred. No Vet this time I treated her with 1/3 cap of cats claw in 5 drops Echinacea/Golden Seal internally 4-5 times a day and used Lavender and Tea Tree mixed in Jojoba Oil on the site of wound. Worked very quickly and I discontinued after about 8 days. She had a reoccurrence within a month or so and again treated same way and have left her on the Echinacea which she gets 5 drops over food once daily. She is worrying over the area again and I have put the same treatment to use for 2 days now and does not appear to be getting worse she is after it less.

Any suggestions? Is there anything I can add internally that may help? She gets Chlorophyll in her water and that is all at this time. -Lori Coleman
- - - - - - - - - -
I tried everything on my mini Doberman. We also went the vet route, too. By accident, while trying to help my other dog with hip dysplasia, I fed both dogs the EverFlex for horses...just a tiny bit for each. That was the answer to my Doberman's anal gland inflammation when nothing else worked. Purchase it now, while it's still available, it's worth the price in gold. One will last for years kept in the refrigerator. -Sharlene
- - - - - - - - -
I think fiber plays an important part in keeping the anal glands emptied. The gland is supposed to empty on it's own with the bowel movement. Perhaps adding some irritable bowel fiber, slippery elm, or psyllium to the dog's food would help. -Valerie G.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: