Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index Nature's Sunshine Products NSP
For customer and distributor discussions of Nature's Sunshine Products. Not an official site of NSP.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Dog - Bladder Problem

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CombinedNSP
Site Admin

PostPosted: Dec Sat 16, 2006 11:40 am    Post subject: Dog - Bladder Problem Reply with quote

Dog - Bladder Problem

Our female dog (possibly German Shepard mix) is about 12 years old. Up until recently, she has been in excellent health, except for a skin condition maybe due to fleas, which I am trying to fight naturally (she constantly scratches and has a few hot spots). Both our dogs take supplements regularly and I try to feed them the best food I can afford. A couple of weeks ago, she started to wake me up in the middle of the night, sometimes 3 times, to go outside. I have also found puddles in the morning. I was told to give her cranberry capsules and horstail tea, which I started to give her a couple of days ago. It does not seem to help yet, though. Does her behavior indicate a bladder problem (the whinning at night and frequent urination) or could it be another problem all together? I have been trying to do the natural approach before I take her to the vet. One thing that has been different in their diet is the dog food. I try to buy ones with natural ingredients and no artifial colors. However, two weeks ago, my hubby was trying to help me out with the grocery shopping and bought a bag of Pedigree food. I know I should have checked the ingredients before opening the bag, but I thought he had. Well, it has artificial colors and flavors. Due to our limited income, I have continued to give them this food and was going to buy something else when it was gone. However, if this is causing my dog to suffer, I will stop using this and get something else. Your help in all this will be greatly appreciated. -I. Smith
-
My female dog experienced the same thing. Could be bladder and/or UTI. Commercial dog food is quite the controversy, but I think you'll find the best ingredient dog food is Nutra. Petco, Petsmart type stores carry. Food could be her hot spots, skins etc. Vaccinations could also lend a hand to her ailments. Take her to the vet, have her urine checked, so you can go forward on her treatment. Whinning is her way of saying she doesn't feel good. Once you find out, it will help to determine what she needs. I also believe in MT with/for your dogs, thru you. Good Luck, give her pet for me! -Cory
-
Hi, First of all, in case it's a UTI (urinary tract infection) -- I would go with JP-X, Nature's Sunshine Stock #1222-7. It is absolutely the best solution that I have ever found. With a German Shepard (larger sized dog), I'd go with 4, 4 times a day to start. She should having some relief within hours to a day. After the first two days, I would lower the amount to 3, 3 times a day for 4 days -- then 2, twice daily for three days -- Then down to one, twice daily for a few more days. The reason to taper off like that is so it doesn't come right back. THEN I would give her Cranberry/Buchu, Stock #834-5 and one of the probiotics for a while to change the conditions in the UT, preventing reoccurrence.
-Georgiana
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: