Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index Nature's Sunshine Products NSP
For customer and distributor discussions of Nature's Sunshine Products. Not an official site of NSP.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Dog - Distemper

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CombinedNSP
Site Admin

PostPosted: Dec Sat 16, 2006 11:37 am    Post subject: Dog - Distemper Reply with quote

Dog - Distemper

Hi Folks, Have a friend whose dog has distemper and is not getting any better with traditional treatments. Any ideas on NSP products that may be helpful? Thanks. -Bob
- - - - - - - - - -
I pulled a pup we had thru distemper years ago. I gave him LOTS of Una De Gato. In the beginning, I gave him drip enemas of Garlic Oil, Liquid Chlorophyl and . . . . . . ah ha, the other thing was Slippery Elm. He's a big, healthy 10 year old now.

I gave him 10 Una De Gato twice a day for about a month, then cut to once a day and gave him that for several months. (Just to make sure)

I thought he might have had Parvo since we had gotten a pup with that years before. But, the vet said he's pretty sure he had had Distemper. -Georgiana
- - - - - - - - - -
Thank you so much Georgiana! A couple follow up questions:

1. Why the drip enema? Is it possible to do an oral?

2. The enema formula, would that be equal amounts of each?

3. 10 capsules of Una de Gato twice a day, then once a day. I would assume this would be our product (NSP Product)?? Again, thank you!! -Bob
- - - - - - - - - -
When dogs get distemper (or Parvo), they don't often hold things well orally. They often need IV's to build them up. A way to accomplish the same thing is to give them VERY slow enemas with all their herbs in the fluid. Gives them fluid (necessary) and their medicinal herbs also. Their Una De Gato in the beginning may have to be in the enemas also.

I don't remember what I used. But, whatever the dog needs -- put in the enema. I just pour some Liq Chlorophyll and Slippery Elm in to sooth and build.

Definitely. I don't use anything else. Why try to save a life with anything less than the best.

You are more than welcome, Bob. Keep your dog nourished and hydrated until the virus runs it's course and the pooch will be just fine. -Georgiana
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: