Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index Nature's Sunshine Products NSP
For customer and distributor discussions of Nature's Sunshine Products. Not an official site of NSP.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Dog - Smelly Body Odor

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CombinedNSP
Site Admin

PostPosted: Dec Sat 16, 2006 11:25 am    Post subject: Dog - Smelly Body Odor Reply with quote

Dog - Smelly

Lady has a 12 year old female golden lab. It has had tests and teeth checked. She has a very foul odor emitting from body. Can't be controlled with bathing. Vets find nothing (surprise!!) This only occurs in warm weather, not in cold. Daisy is on Iams food, rarely any people food. Drinks water okay. Thought about digestion, etc., but it is not a year round thing. This dog does stink! She smells up the entire house, even immediately after being bathed. Any experience with this? All suggestions are very much appreciated. -Sandi
- - - - - - - - - -
As far as I know, ALL Golden's smell. Also Schitzu's. (I have 2 of them). All I can suggest is giving her a spoonful of Nature's Fresh a day, putting chlorophyll in her water (NO tap water), sprinkle Barley Juice Powder on her food daily and feed her a raw carrot a day. By doing the above, you have increased her enzymes considerably, chlorophyll is a deodorizer and the carrot will help her bowels clean out better. Dry dog food (even Iams) isn't the optimal diet for dogs..

But beside that, you might want to have her clipped at a groomer for the summer. She won't look as pretty, but it will help. Then make sure she is bathed at least once a week. It takes every 5 days for my little ones. I bath my dogs with Sunshine Concentrate and then a second time with Paw Paw Lice Shampoo or Herbal Shampoo with Essential Oil added to it. I like Tea Tree Oil or Lemon for my dogs. Hope this helps. -Georgiana
- - - - - - - - - - - -
From my experience working with animals, all olfer dogs need more enzymes. I use the Proactazyme plus instead, one per meal. I also like the green things for the dogs, I like the pH GreenZone as it covers the immune system and liver as well. I'd suspect a yeast problem in an older dog even though you don't see any skin problems, but the fact that the skin smells more when the weather is warm makes me think yeast. I'd give him 2 L-reuteri, and 1 HP Garlic per day. Reuteri is also very important in dogs for good digestion. -Valerie G
- - - - - - - - - - - -
I would focus on kidneys with something like KB-C. Also spray him down with Nature's Fresh. Put chlorophyll in his water and get some green food in him. He sounds over acidic. -Kimberly Balas
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: