Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index Nature's Sunshine Products NSP
For customer and distributor discussions of Nature's Sunshine Products. Not an official site of NSP.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Down's Syndrome

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CombinedNSP
Site Admin

PostPosted: Dec Sat 16, 2006 11:22 am    Post subject: Down's Syndrome Reply with quote

Down's Syndrome

Pregnant 17 weeks - she is 38 yrs old - Downs test came back positive on 21 points. Anyone have any ideas on how to help this situation - anyone with any assistance would be appreciated. Thanks. -Kasara D'Elene
- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My upline senior divisional Darlene Haberer, Ashville, NC. has helped several in this situation lots and lots of nutrition and they have seen the children born normal. I have heard this test in not all that accurate. -LeRae
While the genetic coding probably can't be undone, the impact of the coding can be hugely reduced
1) organic diet, potentially vegetarian with careful consideration to quality and quantity of proteins.
2) essential fatty acids for mom, and then for baby after the birth
3) trace minerals by the ton!
4) b- vitamins
5) kidney support for mom (Potas) to keep her blood clean
6) keep pH balanced in mom
and lots of prayers and support. it is very common for parents who receive any 'negative' news in a pregnancy to go through a grieving period. Totally normal....and they need huge support. They also need to be put in touch with support agencies who can teach them about stimulating closer to normal development in their baby, especially after birth. I would absolutely be reading to and playing classical music to that baby now. -Judith Cobb
Q:My brother and his wife are expecting their first child and she is about 3 mos. pregnant. She is only 30 yrs old and when she had her labs done recently they said she had the blood of someone over 40. They also said she has the signs in her labs of having a down syndrome baby. They did an amnio today and we are waiting for the results. Any thoughts? I know herbs can cure about anything, but this? -Laura
I don't know about curing but it may make a big difference- Zinc. According to Dr. Joel Wallach a Zinc deficiency is what sets up a baby to develop Down's syndrome along with other congenital birth defects like Spina bifida. I have a couple of his books. He was a candidate for a noble prize in his extensive work on minerals and deficiencies.

I would definitely have the mom take 25 mg. a day in Zinc along with 1 ounce Colloidal Minerals a day. Since her bloods seems to be showing many deficiencies. Best wishes. -Lourdes Martinez
I think everyone probably knows that Down's is a trisomy condition, where an extra chromosome is attached to one of the double sets. This trisomy abnormality is duplicated in every single cell in the child's body as it develops, and at three months, all of the organs, etc. have already been developed and are growing to maturity. Your s-i-law might be able to reduce the severity of the some of this conditions this cellular abnormality might cause, but it will not reverse the problem with a third chromosome.

Having said that, let me say that even trisomy child I know is sweet and loving and has been such a blessing to his/her family. Please let us know how your s-i-law makes out; they need a lot of encouragement right now. -Sharon Grimes
Thanks Sharon for making that last statement. Our daughter who is now 6 has blessed our lives so--our lives have been enriched beyond measure--wouldn't change a thing and she was diagnosed with DS. -Joan
I agree fully with what was written by Sharon on the forum. My brother is mentally handicapped but not because of Downs. My parents put him in a state school when he was four because that's what was done then, but we visited him every Sunday for picnics and play until I was 17 years old. In that time, we met and fell in love with many Downs children. They have a unimaginable innocence and beauty about them which many of our children could learn from today. They are precious and warm and loving and crave hugs. They also don't seem to have the rebellion in them that so many children have.

I also wanted to let you know that about 6 years ago, I saw a 60 Minutes episode in which a doctor gave supplements to a Downs child and the change was amazing. The eyes became normal in their look and the child was in regular school and doing beautifully. I believe in my heart that there is tremendous hope for your family, if they are willing to listen to you and use what you know now, and what you learn in the future from this forum. You may not be able to change the diagnosis, but you surely can make that child healthier from day one.

On a personal note, my brother has taught us so many things we could never have known otherwise. We grew up learning compassion and an outgoing concern for others and we three children always comment on the career choices we made, probably greatly due to his condition. I am the herbalist, my sister is a nurse and herbalist and my brother was a minister, all serving careers. Please tell these young parents for me that they are about to go on a journey that will enrich their lives forever. Don't let ANYONE tell them otherwise. Don't let any doctor scare them. First pregnancies have enough of the unknown in them without fear of this outcome being added. If you are close to them, draw closer. Give them this letter if you want to. They can write me anytime they want. I will never have anything negative to say about a Downs child because I've lived through years of relationships with them :). Most sincerely and with heartfelt prayers, -Nolee
My upline senior divisional manager has worked with Down's Syndrome and has seen this change in them when they were on the good diet, herbs, and other nutritional supplements. -LeRae McBroom
LeRae, could you find out what program your upline senior divisional manager used? I would appreciate the info. Would like to know specific herbs and supplements that help. My daughter has a pretty good diet.(organic-fruits and vegies, lots of raw, fiber, soy milk drinker, whole grains and natural sweeteners--does have some cheese and yogurt and an accessional flour tortilla and she does like carbs!) Receives a multi vitamin supplement NSP, Elderberry plus thru flu season, give her DMG to support mental performance, focus, immune system. I home school my children and my 6-year-old is now a reader. She learned to read phenomically (which most think DS are unable to do) I would say my greatest challenge is focus and speech. She does have a slight weight problem. Thyroid is fine. No heart problems. We purchased a trampoline --which has been a wonderful source of continual exercise for all our children, thanks in advance. -Joan
Speaking of trampolines, a family I know was concerned about the safety factor of trampolines and kids falling off. To resolve this problem, they dug a shallow pit a little smaller than the circumference of the trampoline. They then set the trampoline top over the pit and the kids can safely jump on it and not fall off. Things like shoes do sometimes fall through the holes near the springs, but those are things easily rescued. -Sharon Baldwin
You should be able to purchase them with protective cages. They have these at my kids summer camp. I'm not sure if you can get the cages separately. -hoteptoday
Just like all children they need structure, love and encouragement (training) to reach their full potential. My grandmother in law was guardian of a DS lady who was previously fostered by some unhealthy families (!) and learned to be sneaky and manipulative. Nanny had to set some tough standards (with lots of love) and often caught flack because people didn't know the history. She would sometimes reflect that she wished 'C' had been educated and taught basic work skills early instead of shuttled around from family to family. -Leslie
What a great discussion.
I have a trisomy nephew. Donıt know how many of you have ever heard of Rubenstein-Taybi Syndrome, but there are only about 400 children/adults in the US who have been diagnosed as having it. Zachary was the first-born to my brother and his wife. He "happened" (no coincidences with God!) to be born in one of the six hospitals in the US where there are RTS clinics; thus, unlike most RTS babies, Zacharyıs syndrome was identified within a few weeks of his birth and he started getting the help he needed right away. He had almost 100 surgeries before he reached the age of one; he came almost two months' early and before his parents had celebrated their first wedding anniversary. Talk about an adjustment. He is 12 TODAY and has 3 younger brothers; his next brother was born 1 day short of a year later and is a high-functioning autistic child (I have my own theories about that ­ different topic!! He was perfectly healthy until about 6 months after he rec'd his final MMR vaccine.). The younger two boys are bright and loving to both the older boys. My brother and his wife wanted to have some other children to help with the older boys in their older years when their parents were gone. I am so thankful that they did not stop with Zachary.

Zachary is the joy of our family. He is truly unique among my parents' 40 grandchildren and loves everyone to pieces. He is very like a Downs' child in so many ways, but with different physical characteristics. H continues to back good progress. I have him on Omega 3's and High Potency Grapine and they really seem to have made a difference ­ he is communicating so much better now.

Joan, I believe it was you who mentioned that your daughter's thyroid is fine (we home school, too ­ since 1983). Thyroid tests can LOOK normal, but I believe EVERY child with Downs' has a thyroid/glandular imbalance (thus many of the weight issues) - Kim can comment more on this ­ but I do encourage you to do a urine sampling of the iodine content in your daughterıs body to see if she is iodine deficient. A normal TSH does NOT indicate sufficient iodine in the body. Kim has turned my world upside down the last couple of weeks with research and reading on this topic. Many of our friends with Downs' children are working with holistic practitioners and many of them are on Armour Thyroid with terrific results. One of the gals is now 42, another 37. Both have memorized many long passages of Scripture and have a gentle, genuine, passionate faith that humbles me. They have such sweet, servants' spirits.

When we lived in the city of Syracuse, we had three neighbors in our block with adult Downs' daughters. One had been sheltered all her life by a protective mother (all of the mothers were in their 40's when these girls were born ­ this has not been the case of many of the families we know ­ many of these children are now being born to YOUNG mothers) and was a 30-year-old pre-schooler. The other two girls had education and vocational training and rode the city busses back and froth to jobs, etc. It was very impressive.

I am convinced that ALL of our children are "special needs" children. They ALL need lots of love, nutritious foods, support, training, discipline, organization and scheduling. I have a daughter with an 80% hearing loss in both ears from a vaccination reaction when she was four months old. She is not disabled in the least ­ she is "differently abled" and has skills that far surpass mine in some areas because the rest of her senses (particularly visual) are so acute. -Sharon Grimes
Love the Focus Attention for connecting "tongue and brain." Also, what about food for the thalamus? Mugwort and Wormseed feed this, too, but that's not NSP. -Desiree
Super Antioxidants and/or Thai-Go, Vita Wave, Colloidal Minerals, Liquid Dulse, DHA. -LeRae McBroom
Any suggestions for a (1) good immune system booster and maintained for a down syndrome child with a weak immune system and frequent lung infections? -Wally
I used a combination of enzymes + probiotics + liquid Blue Vervain with a Down's child who was always catching colds and ear infections. This really helped. -Carol Matz
Chewable Elderberry.
Chewable Elderberry, that is what I am sending down to my daughter who started her first year in college to build her immune system. She doesn't swallow pills well. I didn't want her to get all the shots required so I got a waiver. I couldn't believe the list of shots they wanted her to take to live in the dorms, including the one for Meningitis. I told her to be careful eating and drinking behind other people and take her vitamins and elderberry. Does anyone have any other suggestions for college student's immune systems? -Marguerite Wright
I send them w/Bifidophilus, Omega 3, Defense Maintenance, Enviro-Detox, Activated Charcoal, Elderberry Chew, Antioxidants chew, AL-J, VS-C, and Red Raspberry blend liquids--these all cover prevention and more if needed—I do send other nutrients recovery, Vita Lemon, Chlorophyll, pH GreenZone, Berry Healthy, Stevia, lots of pure water---do I sound too protective??!! Hope this helps. -Victoria
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: