Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index Nature's Sunshine Products NSP
For customer and distributor discussions of Nature's Sunshine Products. Not an official site of NSP.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Thyroid - Hyper - Hypo

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CombinedNSP
Site Admin

PostPosted: Dec Thu 14, 2006 1:42 pm    Post subject: Thyroid - Hyper - Hypo Reply with quote

Thyroid - Hyper - Hypo

Hyperthyroid

My mother (now 85yrs.old and in a nursing home), has taken TS2 for about 6 years. Her doctor at that time said that she needed thyroid medication, (I can't remember but I believe that he said the T3 or T4 was low). I gave her the supplement instead of medication, and when he tested her 4 months later, he said that it was fine, and keep taking the medication.( I finally told him what I did.)

Today the nursing home told me that my mother was hyperthyroid and her number was double of what it should be. The new doctor ordered 50 mcg of Synthroid for her. I thought that Synthroid was for hypo not hyperthyroid. My question (I have to call the doctor tomorrow) can the TS2 (2 per day) cause her to have this condition. She is on very little medication (blood pressure pill), and taking several herbs, which I am sure has kept her as healthy as she is. Thanks for your help. -Kathy
- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
I think the nurse may have confused you with the comment that the test result was double what it should be. She was probably referring to the TSH result which a high number for that means the thyroid is underactive. The TSH stands for thyroid stimulating hormone. When the body realizes there is not enough thyroid hormone circulating it produces more TSH to tell the thyroid to work harder. -L. Murray
Yes, Synthroid is for hypothyroid condition. Hypothyroid and hyperthyroid conditions can swing the other way .... Can the TS do it? maybe but probably not. -Richard Ask
I used to be on Synthroid and it didn't work for me--never made me feel right--I was always sick. I switched to Armour and noticed a huge improvement within one week. No more sore throat, depression, joint pain and severe fatigue. A lot of people have trouble converting the t4 hormone(which Synthroid is) into t3 to be used by the body. Armour has both t3 and t4. Synthroid is synthetic and Armour is natural desiccated thyroid from pig glands. I really like the Armour myself. Gina
I'm not sure of this but excess can also be a problem just as deficiency has it set of related problem. Some one else may have a more direct answer. But my recommendation is Dandelion, Pau d 'Arco and Master Gland. This will strengthen the liver ,blood and Glandular system. Also the blood pressure could be thyroid related. This is not what you ask for but just wanted to share this. Thank you. -S. Mitchell
My husband was diagnosed with hyperthyroid by our herbalist (after he almost died because the doctors would not perform a simple blood test to check his thyroid). She told him to take TS-II among other herbs and vitamins and within 2.5 years, his thyroid was fine. It's been about 5 years and he has not had to be on anything but his regular herbs and vitamins. -Nancy
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Hypothyroid

Saw my ob/gyn today and my numbers were in. He says that because my TSH indicates hyper but my FT4 indicate hypo that I have either a pituitary or brain problem more so than a thyroid malfunction. He says that the thyroid is reacting properly to the info it is receiving from the pituitary or brain, but it is the message that is all wrong (or the p. gland or brain is not sending the right amount of THS to the thyroid). Is he right on this? Did I understand him correctly? Here are my numbers:

TSH 0.2 (.31-4.12) FT3 3.0 (2.3-4.12) FT4 .77 (4.5-12.0)

Is this mild or moderate hypo? Does this dosage of meds look good? Too much? Levothyroxine (sub for Synthroid) 50 mcg 1 daily I really don't want to take the meds but there is a baby involved and we need the FREE T4 to get in check quickly for the baby's sake. Do you advise otherwise?

Oh my, oh my, they took another ultra sound because couldn't get a heart beat with the doppler, and the little guy was laying on its side just as cute as a peach!!! Can you tell this old woman is excited?!

I had been hyper but in my effort to get better I went the over way to hypo. But now that I know the pituitary gland or brain is involved that is a whole other ball game.

Any insight would be most appreciated. I have not taken the first hormone pill yet. But I need to do something quickly. Thanks for all your wisdom!!! -Susie
would highly suggest you call NSP customer service (1-800 223-8225) and get the names and numbers of NSP practitioners near you. Call each one and find out what type of health analysis methods they use. You want to utilize someone that has been treating people for some time and who uses methods of analysis to zero in on your problem.

This is my best advice...you must find out if your pituitary gland is underactive or overactive.

Your thyroid still needs to be checked...because many medical tests do not find imbalances in glands until the problem is more advanced. Best wishes. -Lourdes Martinez
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: