Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index Nature's Sunshine Products NSP
For customer and distributor discussions of Nature's Sunshine Products. Not an official site of NSP.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Ear - Pierced

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CombinedNSP
Site Admin

PostPosted: Dec Sat 16, 2006 10:44 am    Post subject: Ear - Pierced Reply with quote

Ear - Pierced

My daughter appears to have an infection on outside of her ear - staff or strep perhaps. It is growing by the day and I don't want to put her on antibiotics if I don't need to. I have had her on Garlic oil and been applying Tei Fu Oil directly on ear several times a day. She has also been muscle testing for Lymphomax. Has anyone else had this happen? What would any of you recommend. Cindy Ortagus
- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
I have used Tei Fu Oil with success for irritated or infected pierced ear lobes most earrings are made with an alloy of nickel which causes irritation to many people plastic earrings with plastic posts are available as well as gold earrings by leach and garner gold also called eterna gold that are made without nickel in their alloy since wearing leach and garner gold earrings I have had no irritation problems. -Kathleen
What your daughter is experiencing is quite common. She has extremely sensitive skin, especially in and around her lobes. I have three daughters and they all have this problem including myself. I can almost, and I said almost, guarantee that if you buy her a pair of inexpensive pure gold earrings, make sure it is not gold plated but pure through and through, ball post and backing. Treat her ears with antibiotic ointment for a couple of days. The problem will resolve itself within a week. It is wise to start her with gold since lots of silver jewelry has questionable components. I found this out the hard way and developed a nasty infection from what I thought was pure silver. You should put them in her ear with the existing infection however you should disinfect her, the pierced holes, as best you can and put antibiotic ointment on them before you put the earrings in. Also don't take them out for at least a couple of months or change them frequently. Gold has a lot of healing properties. Check into it if you have some time. Finally don't make the mistake of deciding to let the holes close then re piercing them. If they close due to infection she may have scar tissue inside the hole which may be difficult and usually painful to re-pierce. Hope this helps. -Daphne
This normally occurs when the body is too acidic. Eating a more alkaline diet will almost always remedy this situation. This would be eating a high alkaline fruit and veggie diet, drinking LOTS of Liquid Chlorophyl or taking Chlorophyl caps. Cut down on your acid forming foods -- Meats, dairy, most nuts -- eat much more alkaline foods -- most fruits and veggies. -Georgiana
Garlic Oil applied directly on ear cleared up entire infection in week. -Cindy Ortagus
Hi Cindy is this the first hole in that ear? I have tried opening a second hole twice but it always got sore and infected had to give up on it and let it close. Have you Tried Colloidal Silver internally and topically? It's a super natural antibiotic, also works on fungi and virus over pathogens. -Nancy
I have used lemon oil in the infected area and had great success with myself and several others. Best disinfectant for this. -Jesama
I have gotten away from wearing any other metals in my ears. I know a lady that cuts little pieces of felt out about the size of a pencil eraser and she puts a drop of her favorite essential oil on the felt and then puts the earring on, then sticks the felt on behind the ear disguising it and then puts the back on the earring and the felt it keeps the ear lubricated and it smells good too all day long. Because it is in alignment with the nostrils I highly recommend this to everyone and especially newly pierced ears. Tea Tree Oil is the best for healing an already irritated ear or newly pierced ear. Any essential oil for purifying or cleansing is good to use. I like my favorite smelling oil. I would also suggest that you be muscle tested for heavy metal consumption. This was the first phase for me. Then I had trouble with my eyeglasses, they ate a hole in my right temple from the nickel in the ear piece and I had to go to a titanium free eyeglass frame. More expensive but well worth it. I now have become more aware of the pans I cook with, the forks and spoons I put in my mouth and if you think it doesn't matter once you cleanse your body out you would be amazed at the substances your body will react to when it has been freed from all of them. Food for thought. Hope this works for you, but check your earring tree and get rid of the cheap earrings. -Sue B.
Q: I pierced my ear myself. for the second time. Last time I pierced my ear by myself it turned out fine. but this time, the back of my ear, where the hole is, is like all swollen up and red. puss keeps coming out of it. I don't know what I should do, because when I first discovered it was infected I squeezed the back of my ear, where it was swollen up, and it popped (Like a pimple) but it won't pop anymore, cause my gramma and aunts have tried to squeeze it. I don't know what I should do. Should I go to the hospital to get it checked out or what?? Please respond. -Carley
Tea Tree or Lavender (or both!) essential oils applied directly to the area 3x daily would be great. Both oils are antibacterial and Lavender helps to regenerate cells and tissue. This is your best bet in my mind. -Andrew
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: