Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index Nature's Sunshine Products NSP
For customer and distributor discussions of Nature's Sunshine Products. Not an official site of NSP.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Ear Candling

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CombinedNSP
Site Admin

PostPosted: Dec Sat 16, 2006 10:40 am    Post subject: Ear Candling Reply with quote

Ear Candling

Ear Coning Procedures & Precautions:
The night or several hours (4 to 6) before your ear coning experience, pierce a garlic capsule and drain a few drops into the ear canal. Then plug the canal with a piece of cotton. This will help to kill any infection, as well as, loosen any hardened wax or debris and make the extraction more productive.

Ear coning requirements:
1. Wet towel to drape around head; this is to protect hair from any drifting ashes.
2. Cup of water to extinguish flame.
3. Cardboard wrapped in foil to support candle placement and protect exposed ear from ashes.
4. Matches
5. Assistant to watch over the procedure.

Procedure:
Have patient lay their head down (supported by a pillow, if so desired). Place candle through the small hole in the cardboard and seed (place) into the ear. Light cone. If smoke clouds face after lighting cone, lightly twist cone for better fit. Burn to within 3 to 4 inches of ear. Extinguish in water. Cut open to view your own personal treasures or junk! *HA*
For those of you familiar with ear cones, you will find a difference with mine. We carry only all natural ear cones. Starting with UNBLEACHED muslin and finished with all natural BEESWAX. This promotes a cleaner, less irritating candling. With other candles you will "appear" to have more residue from your ear. Should you take this same type of cone and candle your kitchen table, Formica counter top, computer screen, etc., you will find nearly the same residue inside the cone. No your table, counter top and screen don't have earwax. Paraffin wax and chemicals from bleached and color printed fabrics will do this. The paraffin wax will also go into your ear and provoke a drying process.

Well, I for one, prefer a simple cone with contents I know are mine! Happy coning and be careful! -Lisa Canon
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Ear Candling
I have also read that if you massage the face and neck in 5 different places as you are candling the ears, the canals move the "stuff" along up into the ear candle faster. I have actually felt lumps of "stuff" moving through the massage. The 5 places are: 1) horizontally from mid-forehead to just past the eyebrow 2) horizontally along top of cheek bone towards nose, then back around the bottom of the cheek bone towards the ear 3) upward from bottom of chin just under the jawbone line towards the ear 4) downward from skull bone right behind the ear towards the ear 5) horizontally from back of neck towards the ear.
The way you massage is by "walking" your fingers with just a little pressure on the pads of them - always towards the ear you are candling. -Carol Matz
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The web site for my ear candle supplier is:
http://www.cybermedia.net/tcnaturals/index.htm
-Lisa Canon
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: