Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index Nature's Sunshine Products NSP
For customer and distributor discussions of Nature's Sunshine Products. Not an official site of NSP.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Thyroid - Hypothyroidism

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CombinedNSP
Site Admin

PostPosted: Dec Thu 14, 2006 1:41 pm    Post subject: Thyroid - Hypothyroidism Reply with quote

Thyroid - Hypothyroidism

Hypothyroid
Regarding the liver herbs—can you muscle test him? You didn't mention anything for him to take for his thyroid. If the thyroid is not working—nothing else works right either—including the herbs. Thyroid Activator (KC-X) or TS II, or possibly even master gland. I have found that men do well on one bottle of Thyroid Activator (KC-X) and then balance out by using the TS II as maintenance. Women are the opposite.
The other thing to remember is to not take your herbs at the same time that you are using any medications. They need to be separated by an hour or so. -Angelica Pattison
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Kelp
In my experience, plain kelp isn't enough for modern day hypothyroidism.
Adults always test for KC-X or TS II. But most of the time you need to add Target TS II or Master Gland. I always muscle test to determine which and then add Thyroid Activator and test. If weak, add TS II and test. Then add Black Current Oil or Evening Primrose Oil to test with the other two they tested for.
Many, many times the person's pituitary isn't secreting the Thyroid Releasing Hormone and no amount of iodine-based herbs will fix that. But Target TS II will fix that in 1-3 months. Then that can be dropped. But always continue with Thyroid Activator or TS II as iodine sources -critical to future thyroid health.
By the way, I NEVER take anyone off their thyroid meds. But I do suggest that they add 2-3 Thyroid Activator a day and that seems to stop the hair from falling out. I surmise that it feeds the thyroid function that remains. -Kay Lubecke
Over Active and Under Active Thyroid
I have just read an interesting section in Steven Horne's latest newsletter about a misconception about thyroid and supplements to take. He says that if you have an underactive or overactive thyroid, that Kelp and other seaweed will NOT help to balance it.
You should support the adrenal glands with Licorice Root and adaptagens, use nervines to reduce stress and use Bugleweed or motherwort for the thyroid.
I found this very interesting, as I have also been schooled on the theory that you always use Kelp, as I am doing for my thyroid. -Tracey
I would hazard a guess that the Kelp is not doing the job for your thyroid. Kay Lubecke is an expert on hypothyroidism and synthetic vs herbs. She went thru it. If I remember correctly when you are on Synthroid, you should not override your own thyroid. Allow it to still work and then support it with TS II or Thyroid Activator. Or if you want to try it without Synthroid, start with Target TS II and TS II. Reevaluate after a month or two because you will probably have to change to Thyroid Activator at that point. The TS II after the initial surge seems to make most women too wired. You may or may not need Master Gland also - depending if your particular thyroid malfunction is caused by the pituitary or not. -Georgiana Duncan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Low thyroid output, known medically as hypothyroidism is proving to be a culprit in many health problems. Here is a list symptoms that may involve hypothyroidism. Remember that hypothyroidism is not the only problem that can cause some of these symptoms in the body. so the fact that you have any particular symptom is not a sure sign YOU have a thyroid problem. However, the more symptoms you have (especially those highlighted with an asterisk*), the more likely it is that you may have a thyroid problem.

Self Diagnosis:
If you suspect you may have a low-functioning thyroid, take your body temperature immediately awakening in the following manner. Make sure the thermometer is shaken down the night before and left within easy reach. When you wake up get the thermometer and put it under your armpit. stay in bed, relax and leave the thermometer under your arm for 10 minutes. Mouth readings may be too high because of possible throat infection, hence the armpit is preferred. For women, test on the second or third day of menstruation to account for normal temperature variations in women. In hypothyroidism, the body temperature is below 97.S degrees F. You may wish to conduct the test several days in a row to verify the results
Causes and Correction:
Hypothyroidism may have several causes. the most common cause is lack iodine in the diet. In this case, the solution is simply to supply the body with iodine-rich herbs such as kelp, Irish moss, Iceland moss, black walnut and dulse. In severe eases a thyroid glandular or a chemical iodine supplement may be needed. In some cases, digestion is poor and the body may have difficulty absorbing nutrients needed tar thyroid function. In these cases digestive enzymes will help. Certain foods suppress thyroid function because of their high levels 0£ cysteine, which absorbs iodine ii' the intestines. (Cysteine is also needed for immune system strength and artery health.) These foods include meat, raw cabbage, raw broccoli, raw cauliflower raw brussel sprouts, peanuts and soybeans. Chronic stress of any kind also has a negative effect nit the thyroid, and hence, good stress management practices and nervine herbs like hops, valerian, skull cap, chamomile, passion flower and lobelia may also help.
Symptoms of Hypothyroidism:
Hair, Skin and Nails
Acne/eczema/psoriasis
Cold skin
Lack of perspiration
Rough, dry or scaly shin
Thick skin early wrinkling of
skin, sallow complexion
Coarse or thin hair
Brittle or slow growing nails
Wounds heal slowly

Water
Puffy feet and/or hands
water-logged tissues
Swollen upper eyelids

Energy
Drowsy
Excessive need to sleep
Irregular energy*
Frequent fatigue*

Nervous/Emotional
Irritability*
Nervousness
Depression
Frequent mood swings.
Personality changes
Apathy
Mental retardation
Insanity/neurosis
Hyperactivity
Irrational fears

Weight/Appetite
Difficulty losing weight*
Decreased appetite

Circulation
Low body temperature*
Cold extremities at
normal temperatures
Heart enlargement
Poor circulation
Blood pressure problems
Heart problems

Reproductive
Low sex drive/frigidity* Miscarriage
Infertility
Toxemia. in pregnancy
Excessive menstruation

Other Problems
Low resistance to disease
Get "tongue-tied easily*
Speech difficulties
Painful joints
Clumsy
Constipation
Poor memory
Hoarseness
Burning or tingling sensations Tension headaches

This handout was prepared by Nature's Field, P.O. Box 911239, St. George, UT 84791. It may be reproduced provided it is not altered in any way.

Nature's Sunshine Products are available from the following Independent Distributor:
(Place your name and address here).
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: