Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index Nature's Sunshine Products NSP
For customer and distributor discussions of Nature's Sunshine Products. Not an official site of NSP.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Essential Oil Use Questions

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CombinedNSP
Site Admin

PostPosted: Dec Fri 15, 2006 11:14 pm    Post subject: Essential Oil Use Questions Reply with quote

Essential Oil Use Questions

Editorial Note: Also look under "E.O."

I've been reading a lot about how Cinnamon is good for blood sugar and Oregano is good for everything. I was wondering if NSP's Cinnamon and Oregano EO's are okay to take internally and if so how would you take them? -Jo
- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Unless you are seasoned in aromatherapy, I would not suggest taking these oils internally. Because these oils are very "warming" to the body, even applying them directly to the skin is contraindicated. If you dilute the oils (23 drops EO to an ounce of carrier), and apply the mix to the soles of your feet, you will get just as much benefit from them. -Andrew
Would it be okay to put the two oils together, (23 drops of each oil and 2 oz. of a carrier oil)and use them at the same time. How often should one put the oils on the feet to get the needed benefits of them. -Jo
Absolutely it would be ok to mix the 2 oils together. Before you blend, however, make sure that you like the smell of both the oils together. Just take the lids off both bottles, hold them together, and run both of them under your nose at the same time. If the smell is overwhelming, cut back on the oil that is offensive (most likely the Oregano). Do about a 2:1 ratio blend (14 Cinnamon, 7 Oregano). 23 drops per ounce is a standard dilution, give or take a few drops. I recommended putting the blend on the feet, because the pores of the feet are so permeable, that the blend would be absorbed very quickly. You could even rub the blend on your abdomen before eating. The oils would then enter the blood stream around the stomach at the same time food is being digested. Cinnamon is a great digestive aid. -Andrew
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: