Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index Nature's Sunshine Products NSP
For customer and distributor discussions of Nature's Sunshine Products. Not an official site of NSP.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Eyes - Pink Eye - Conjunctivitis

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CombinedNSP
Site Admin

PostPosted: Dec Fri 15, 2006 10:29 pm    Post subject: Eyes - Pink Eye - Conjunctivitis Reply with quote

Eyes - Pink Eye - Conjunctivitis

My three year old has conjunctivitis (which one I am not sure) I think Pink Eye. What treatments can I do with her? If using colloidal silver as a dropper in eye- how much? Thanks -Missy
- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Make an eyewash from EW and put drops directly in the eye. It is amazing how fast this works. You need to use distilled water - boil 1/2 cup.
I put in 1/2 capsule EW and let it steep. Then I strain it through a clean paper towel or cheese cloth. Put drops in eye 3-4 times a day - or as needed. Keep in refrigerator for up to 3 days (that is why I only do 1/2). Usually only needed for 1-3 days. -Beth
Start with IN-X for the infection. EW can be made into an eye wash. Steep 8 of the capsules in Saline solution for 25 minutes, strain really good and use as an eye wash when room temperature. This solution can be stored in the refrigerator for 2 days. After that discard and make a new batch. Always let the cold solution warm up to room temperature prior to using as a eye wash.
Good strainers are little muslin bags, then strain through a coffee filter and store in a clean container. Use the IN-X for the entire bottle and use the eye wash for at least 14 days. -Suzanne
I would use Eyebright as a eye rinse. Take 3 capsules and add them to one cup of hot water, much like making a tea. Cover and let the herb steep in the water for 20 minutes. Use distilled water please. Now pour the contents of the cup through a coffee filter and dilute strained tea 50/50 with saline. Store in a sterile bottle and refrigerate. To use as a rinse, draw contents up into a dropper (25-30-drops) and let it sit out until it is luke warm. No cold water on the eye please. Do this 3 times a day to treat the sty. You can also use a chamomile herb compress. -Suzanne
4 drops Roman Chamomile in 1/4 C warm water. Put on cotton ball and rub across the closed eye. I personally did this recently and also used Golden Seal and Vitamin C and it really helped. -Nancy
Q: WWII Veteran, in the Pacific Islands, had serious conjunctivitis. It has reappeared after many years. Eye doctors can't seem to find a cure. Any ideas on herbal treatment? -Don
Colloidal Silver, dropped in the eyes with an eyedropper every half hour when possible. I would take EW internally and boost the immune system. Perhaps Immune Stimulator. -Georgiana
Along with taking the EW internally, we usually follow the Colloidal Silver with EW as an eye wash. Put one capsule in a cup add hot water, steep 20 minutes, strain through a coffee filter, when the tea is body temperature or cooler, wash the eyes out three times a day - follow with the colloidal silver. This is likely to be a fungus of some sort. -Tom Mather
Q: Hi group--. Can anyone help with suggestions. It is for a 1yr old child. Thanks. -Joan
Hi, my daughter had contacted "Pink Eye" last summer. I have her on Eyebright herb internally about every 1 the first day and it started to clear up real quickly. I also gave her Echinacea/Golden Seal. And when my other children looked like they were getting it I gave them Eyebright also and the Echinacea/Golden Seal and nobody else got it. Hope this helps. I know there is a eyewash you can do also. - Toni Lindsay
I did 15 Rosemary oil drops in 1/2 water with 1/2 Aloe Vera Juice. I rubbed on his eye with a cotton swab and it was gone in 12 hours. -Nolee
Colloidal Silver did the trick for me daughter. One drop for a few days. -Rhea
I use EW made into a tea for an eye compress or eye drops. You can also use Golden Seal and Eyebright as a tea. I also open up capsules of Vitamin A&D and rub the oil into the skin around the eyes, but I don't put the oil in the eyes themselves. I also have them take A&D internally along with something for infection (Colloidal Silver, Golden Seal/Echinacea, etc.). -Steven Horne
Dear Joan, I have used Colloidal Silver for "pink eye". Just 2 drops 2 times a day for a 4-5 days gets rid of it.
I have also used Colloidal Silver to clear up ear infections, thrush and I put it in the ears of every family member that begins to complain of a cold or flu like symptoms...two drops in each ear 2x a day does wonders in recovering from a cold or flu that wants to hit you. I also take zinc lozenges along with the Colloidal Silver drops when I feel a cold. For flu I add elderberry. Best wishes. -mamalu
I have used this with many clients for pink eye and never had it fail. It works even when the antibiotic drops haven't.
2 capsules Red Raspberry opened into a cup. Pour boiled water that has cooled a little bit (raspberry is sensitive to the heat) over the herb. Cover with a saucer and let it steep for about 1/2 hour. Strain through a paper towel or coffee filter. Use the cotton make up remover pads and soak them in the tea. Hold it on the eye for a few minutes. Repeat often. This works very quickly. -Denise Norbut
Q: I need help with a 2 and a half year old with pink eye. Any suggestions. Thanks- Stay Well! -Alan - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Externally, Colloidal Silver in and around the eye. Does not hurt. Warm it up a little first by putting the bottle in a pan of warm water. Internally, VS-C liquid + L-Reuteri -Carol Matz
I make a tea out of EW and drop that in their eyes. Works every time! -Elaine Forrester
I put the Colloidal Silver drops in already and instantly his eyes were brighter, but still a little watery. But, I know he will be fine in a couple days. Thanks. -Alan J.
I am constantly being exposed to this in my profession. I use my good old Colloidal Silver and it does the trick. With an eye dropper I put 2 drops in the affected eye trying carefully not to touch my affected eye with the tip of my dropper as it can cause contamination especially if you go directly to the clear eye to use it as a prophylactic. -Darcy
Yes, Colloidal Silver will get rid of pink-eye. It has worked for 3 children. I put 2 drops in each eye for 5-6 days. Or dab enough on the eye to get some in the eye. Never came back. -Lourdes Martinez
Q: My daughter has pink eye, she has been to a doctor who gave her droops, very expensive ones. She was using Colloidal Silver, but it didn't work fast enough for her. Now though the eye drops are not working very well either. Her doctor told her that there was nothing else he could do, that she would have to let it run its course. It is a little better after 8 days, but it still is there and her eyes are constantly burning and she said that are extremely dry and hurt, like there is a lump in one eye. They keep ozzing and all, she also had the flu, with them although that is better. Any one know any thing we could do for her, she is back to using the Colloidal Silver. She had this when her son was still nursing and was told breast milk would clear it up, and it did, it worked fast, that was about 5 years ago. So now what have you used to help. Thank You. -Jeannette
A couple of years ago my daughter got pink eye from the swimming pool. I used Eyebright every hour and it started clearing up very quickly. And I gave her Echin/ Golden Seal. I also gave Eyebright to my other children also since pink eye is so contagious. Hope this helps -Toni Lindsay
You can open 3 capsules of Golden Seal into filtered water. Strain and use the tea as an eye wash 3 x a day. This should get rid of the pink eye very quickly. Keep the tea refrigerated and warm a small amount you will use for eye before using. Check the temp. before rinsing eye. Working with the immune system internally, being sure her bowels are moving at least 2x a day. Blessings. -Annette
Nature's Fresh on cotton ball and hold on soak for a few minutes, several times daily. Or use as an eye-wash with eyecups.
May also wish to take some Golden Seal or Lymph Gland Cleanse or EW internally. -Desiree
Did you give her the Eyebright by mouth or make it into a tea and wash the eye? Also thank you for your experience. -Jeannette
I steep a tea from Red Raspberry capsules. Strain it and then soak one of those little round cosmetic pads in it and place on the eye. Works really well and fast. -Denise
I gave it by mouth every 30 min. then decreased. -Toni Lindsay
I tried this its wonderful Soak a Cotton Ball in Colloidal Silver, rub on eyes (closed) instant relief!!!! start inside out. -Veronica S Alquicira
Wow, I'm surprised the Coll Silver didn't work. It's worked for me in one day with everyone I've used it with... I hope she is better now. -Kim S
Use EW as an eye wash
How to Use Ew to Make an Eyewash
You'll need:
1 small saucepan
1/2 c. pure water
2 bowls
a strainer
3 coffee filters
1 capsule EW
Cotton balls
Small towel
Colloidal Silver

Heat the water in the saucepan to boiling, then let cool. After cooled, stir in the contents of 1 capsule EW.
Put 1 bowl in the sink. Put 1 coffee filter in the strainer. Pour the EW water through the strainer, so that the bowl catches it on the other end. You may have to swish it around and when the liquid gets down to a manageable amount, twist the coffee filter up to express the rest of the water.
Discard this filter.

Put the second bowl in the sink. Put a new coffee filter in the strainer.
Pour the EW water through a second time, again making sure that the bowl catches it on the other end. It will go through easier this time. Discard the filter.

Rinse out the first bowl if there is residue in it from the first straining.
Put this bowl in the sink, place the third coffee filter in the strainer, pour the EW liquid through, and catch in the waiting bowl. It will now strain very quickly.
Add 1 Tablespoon Colloidal Silver to 4 Tablespoons EW Tea.
Your eye wash is now ready to use. Sit on the couch, with your head back,
dunk a cotton ball into the eye wash and squeeze it into your eye.
Wipe the outside area as well. It will probably sting at first and run all over your face, but then it will feel great. You can do this as many times a day as you want.

Store unused portion of eye wash, covered, in refrigerator -- will keep for 3 days. This eye wash recipe is excellent for pink eye, sty's, allergies and many other eye conditions. -Tonja Wells
Q: Hi, I was looking up past posts on this and someone said they used horsetail. Would that be taken internally or put on the eye. I didn't understand from what I read. Thank you -Gwinene
I take horsetail internally, and it does get rid of a stye. As soon as I would feel one coming on, I would take 2 3x for a few days. -Annette
Commonly known as pinkeye, conjunctivitis is an inflammation of the conjunctiva, the clear membrane that covers the white part of the eye and lines the inner surface of the eyelids. "Pink eye" gets its name from the pink/reddish look it causes to the eye. It is usually "weepy" and "goopy" with yellow pus resulting from the inflammation, and the eyelids are usually crusted together following a period of sleep. It does not damage a person's vision long term, although the inflammation may cause slight blurriness. This condition can result from bacterial infection (most common), a virus (occurring during a cold or the flu), or from allergies. I have heard of it being caused, on rare occasions, by parasites or a fungal infection.

The first two causes ARE contagious, and it is easily passed among family members unless hands are carefully washed and cross contamination is avoided.

Herbal treatment - well, believe it or not the best thing to treat conjunctivitis is breast milk! However, many people do not have access to that, so colloidal silver drops in the eye and eye washed done with EW, are highly effective when done in combination and faithfully throughout the day. -Sharon Grimes
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: