Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index Nature's Sunshine Products NSP
For customer and distributor discussions of Nature's Sunshine Products. Not an official site of NSP.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Eye - Stye

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CombinedNSP
Site Admin

PostPosted: Dec Fri 15, 2006 10:26 pm    Post subject: Eye - Stye Reply with quote

Eye - Stye

Hi, I am starting to get a stye in my right eyelid. I haven't had one in years. What would you do for this? Thanks. -Annette Mason
- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
For the styes in the eye I have had success using Colloidal Silver in the eye. It is safe, works fast. I would also consider acid, alkaline. Is your system too acidic? This can cause these as well. I've suggested drinking a high concentration of lemon in water. This alkalines the system and usually works. -Virginia
- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Hello Annette - What I found for you from Smart Medicine for Healthier Living is that you can make hot herbal compresses by simmering 1 teas. of a selected herb or herbal extract in 1 pint of water for ten minutes. Cool the infusion to a tolerable temperature, soak a clean cloth or piece of sterile cotton in it, and wring the cloth or cotton out so that it isn't dripping. Apply the warm, wet compress to the stye for ten minutes 4-6 times a day. Herbs listed were Eyebright, Golden Seal, or Oregon grape. Vitamin C is an important supplement whenever any type of infection is present. When the body is fighting an infection, its Vitamin C requirements may climb to as much as five or six times higher than normal. Taken internally, Echinacea has antiviral and antibacterial properties; Golden Seal is antibacterial and helps soothe mucous membranes. NSP has Echinacea/Golden Seal together. I have also used Colloidal Silver directly in the eye. Keep your immune system healthy and you may not have any recurring problems. Good Luck! -Nancy
- - - - - - - - - -
I agree with Nancy. I have used with great luck Eyebright by NSP. You add 3 capsules to one cup of hot water and steep for 20 minutes. Then strain this solution through a coffee filter and add a tablespoon of this tea solution to 2 tablespoons of saline solution and use as an eyewash 3-4 times a day. Keep unused portion refrigerated and warm to lukewarm before using as an eye flush. This solution is good for 3 days. Eyebright also contains some Golden Seal for the infection. Hope this helps. Blessings. -Suzanne
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: