Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index Nature's Sunshine Products NSP
For customer and distributor discussions of Nature's Sunshine Products. Not an official site of NSP.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Tongue - White Coated

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CombinedNSP
Site Admin

PostPosted: Dec Thu 14, 2006 1:26 pm    Post subject: Tongue - White Coated Reply with quote

Tongue - White Coated

Q: What causes tongue to be completely white coated with the tip red and irritated?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
In Steven Horne's class "The Art of Herbal Healing" he taught that the white coating on the tongue is an indication of mucus buildup. Mucus build up can be attributed to a lack of digesting proteins. Consider pre-digested protein sources or a powder protein such as SynerProTein. Also, add in Protease Plus to digest old proteins from the system. Food enzymes with every meal will also help.

The red tip on the tongue indicates that the heart is in distress, or irritated (red indicates "heat"). Consider taking Hawthorne Berries in liquid form to strengthen the heart. Many circulatory products from NSP will help, too.

Steven's class was interesting in that it taught how to "read" a person's tongue. Contact the Tree of Light Institute for more information. -Teresa
I understand this to be digestive system imbalance Try Intestinal/Soothe & Build, Food Enzymes and Noni caps 3x2/day.

I would start working on the digestive system. Food Enzymes, Protease Plus, Safflower and LIV-J. Make sure the bowel is works water, fiber and Cascara Sagrada. -S. Mitchell
I also had a yellow coated tongue with cracks in the middle and spots at the back. After the First Digestive Enzyme Pill I took, my tongue went completely back to normal and without any cracks. Now I know that this happens because I usually skip breakfast. Thank you very much. -Ghost
Q: I went to Hawaii and after a few day, my tongue turned yellow and has been yellow ever since. When I brush my tongue, it lightens up some. What causes yellow tongue? -Helen Gray
Ok, here are the Chinese herbal observations and the herbs that go with the Tree of Lights Chinese Herbal Video:

IF-C - Red tongue, often pointed or elongated with thin, yellow coating

VS-C - Normal or light red tongue or normal tongue with red spots. Thin, yellow coating on tongue
Trigger Immune - Pale tongue, skin pale and cold
Chinese Liver Balance - Tongue red on sides
Chinese Blood Build - Tongue normal or pale
Chinese Lung Support - Tongue Pale
Chinese Anti-Gas - Tongue swollen with heavy white or yellow coating

Chinese Spleen Activator - Tongue pale and damp with heavy white coating
Chinese Kidney Activator - Tongue damp and swollen with scalloped edges
KB-C - Tongue pale
Chinese Nervous Fatigue Formula - Quivering tongue, usually red with scanty coating
HY-C - Dry, red tongue with scant coating
Chinese Stress Relief - Red tip on tongue
Chinese Mood Elevator - Red tip on tongue with heavy yellow coating

From what Steven explains, you would choose the ONE formula that fits the BEST and use it for 3-6 months to rebuild a body system. If it is the right formula you will feel a difference within about two weeks. To order his video, check out the link below. -Desiree
Desiree, I can't remember - what does the crack all the way down the center of the tongue mean? I know that a big red spot toward the front of the tongue means digestive problems. Thanks, Sharon
The crack all the way down the center of the tongue means Central Nervous System issues. -Desiree
Q: My tongue is white and I have what appear to be canker sores on my tongue and gums. What is a possible cause of this? -Travis
I assume you read all the posts regarding the white coated tongue. Hopefully, they helped. Regarding the mouth sores -- It could be a virus. I would suggest you try L-Lysine, in between meals -- Use only Nature's Sunshine (I KNOW they work) . . . take 3, 3 times daily for 2 weeks at least and then try cutting back by one each time. IF the sores come back, go back to the original amount. -Georgiana
When I had a white coated tongue with sores, it was a result of chronic yeast infections....(candida). I went a complete anti-fungal diet and herbal program, and have never had problems with it again. I know NSP has great anti-fungal combinations, but also Olive Leaf Extract, Bifidophilus Flora Force, Garlic, Caprylic Acid, lots of enzymes, cleansing and pH balancing.... but most important, stay away from ALL dairy, sugar and flour for at least ten days. If you do just this with your diet and your symptoms get better, you are most likely fighting candida, and you can better pick which herbals to go with to address underlying issues.... -Debra Dragon
Hi I had the same problem, there could be many reasons for this, in my case it was Candida overgrowth and congested bowel. Ones I got rid of that I don't have that problem anymore. For bowel management I was taking probiotics, and fiber shake made from psyllium husk and bentonite with one capsule of Caprylic Acid in it. I was keeping my diet more alkalize and drank a lot of fluids, peppermint tea is very helpful with this. All the best, -Ivana
Hi, my names Sarah. I'm 20 and I know what it feels like to have those irritating spots on the tongue, the sore throat, but with mine, my taste buds are disincarnating. That's not what's painful, its when I have small, not always white, bumps on my tongue. Some times I can't eat for days. My doctor doesn't have any clue as to what is making this happen. I tend to shy away from large quantities of bread and deep fried items, since these tend to flair up my tongue. Also, a old fashioned home made meal is better than going out to eat more than once a week. Fruits and veggies are wonderful in helping with controlling this miserable "disease." -Sarah
This is typical pathology not necessarily iron clad. But, a child with strep pharyngitis often has a fever above 101 degrees Fahrenheit (38.3 degrees Celsius), with chills, body aches and loss of appetite. There also may be abdominal symptoms, like nausea, vomiting, and abdominal pain. The tonsils and the back of the throat may look red, swollen, and dotted with whitish or yellowish specks of pus. There may be swollen glands in the neck and at the angles of the jaw. Strangely, in spite of all the throat pain, hoarseness and loss of voice are not common.

While most parents are worried about strep throat when their child has a throat infection, there are also many viruses that cause infections that look very similar to strep. If your child has a sore throat with fever and a red, swollen throat or tonsils with white pus on them, then he should be seen by his physician so that he can be tested for strep throat. If the tests for strep are negative, then your child's throat infection is caused by a virus and antibiotics will not work.

Viral infections: virus that can cause a sore throat include the common cold and other upper respiratory tract infections, adenovirus (which can also cause pinkeye at the same time), and others. If your child has pus on his tonsils and his strep test is negative, then he probably has a viral infection and doesn't require antibiotics.

If anything changes with s/s I would go back to doctor have him swab for strep.

Good things I use for viral sore throat,

Slippery Elm open capsule and suck on contents Colloidal Silver internal soothing teas licorice tea , honey and lemon, chamomile. Bayberry gargle -Dee
My daughter had inflamed spots on her tongue that ulcerated. She ended up with many problems (bleeding kidneys, stiff joints, abdominal pain, daily low grade fever and more). She was miserable for 6 months straight and was at the Dr or hospital 15 times. In the end we started her on fresh vegetable juice (she couldn't eat) and a psyllium based product. She had a complete turn around and now I believe that she had a yeast/fungal/parasite problem. -Jackie
Hi, my daughter has had these same spots on her tongue also. For nearly 6 months now. I took her to the doctor and he gave her liquid Benadryl to swish in her month daily. It didn't work. When my older sister was young she had this, and later had it when she was an adult. We thought at that time that it was possibly mercury poisoning in some new fillings she had gotten. It later just went away. We still haven't found a cure for my daughters ulcerated tongue. -Jeri
Jeri, There seems to be a tendency toward this problem in your family. I will offer a couple of suggestions. The conditions that you describe are frequently seen in people who are too acidic, and whose digestion just is not working well. I recommend that you get your daughter on as many fresh fruits and vegetables as possible; avoid refined foods, and have her start using Proactazyme Plus to aid in her digestion. You have not told us her age, what her diet is like, or how often she moves her bowels; but I would encourage you to help her clean out her body naturally. Perhaps if you give us some more information, others on this forum will also have some ideas for you to try. We can also help direct you to a natural health practitioner in your area. -Sharon Grimes
Mouth spray for ulcerations:

1oz Nature's Fresh 1oz Aloe Gel 1 drop Myrrh essential oil 1 drop Peppermint essential oil

Spray as often as needed for relief. Tastes awful, heals quickly. Can add 1 drop tea tree also if desired, but the myrrh has anti-fungal / anti-septic qualities and heals the ulcerations, too. -Desiree
When I had a white coated tongue with sores, it was a result of chronic yeast infections....(candida). I went a complete anti-fungal diet and herbal program, and have never had problems with it again. I know NSP has great anti-fungal combinations, but also olive leaf extract, Bifidophilus Flora Force, Garlic, Caprylic Acid, lots of enzymes, cleansing and pH balancing....but most important, stay away from ALL dairy, sugar and flour for at least ten days. If you do just this with your diet and your symptoms get better, you are most likely fighting candida, and you can better pick which herbals to go with to address underlying issues.... -Reba
Having problems with geographic tongue? I'm a long time sufferer...10 years +. I have the creases, the appearing white spots, the red spots....you name it, I've had all the symptoms. I had given up on finding a solution. I've tried eliminating yeast from my diet. I've been taking B-Complex vitamins for over 5 years. I've applied Kenalog to my tongue, and at night I sleep with a mouth guard. Can anyone relate? Well, I've by accident have come across something that helps. I broke a tooth on one side of my mouth and was forced to chew food on the other side. After doing this for a many weeks I began to notice that the one side of my mouth where I didn't chew, I was getting those famous white circles appearing. This made me think. Perhaps the lack of swirling saliva in that area could be a possible cause? Thinking this, I took a look at how I was eating and realized that I eat too fast and don't really chew much before swallowing. So after this realization, I immediately tried for the actually the first time in my life to go real slow when I eat and chew my food for prolonged periods of time. In doing this, I attempted to keep a nice amount of swirling saliva mixed with my food all around my mouth. What would take me five minutes to eat, I would now eat for over an hour. I would take a bite, and chew it until it was like puree in my mouth. The result? I immediately noticed a difference. My tongue began to clear up. I've been doing this now for about 5 weeks, and my tongue is holding it's own. I have noticed a few white spots coming around, but they're not as noticeable, and they seem to disappear somewhat after having a good long meal. This is something new to me, and if anyone out there would like to give it a try, please let me know if you have any success. -Tim
This usually indicates congestion of the system. I would use lymphatic drainage and kidney drainage (40 drops of each in about 20-30 oz of water and sip on). And a B deficiency....esp B1, B2 and somewhat B12 with the transportation issue. So, I would use Nutri-Calm ( start with 7 a day). Take with food as B's on an empty stomach will sometimes cause nausea. -Lora
The red tip is heart! I would recommend Cardio Assurance for that. The white coating can also be candida. It is hard to tell without looking at it. I think the 90-day challenge sounds appropriate. It will fight inflammation while rebuilding. Inge Wetzel ND
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: