Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index Nature's Sunshine Products NSP
For customer and distributor discussions of Nature's Sunshine Products. Not an official site of NSP.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Triglycerides and Blood Sugar Too High

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CombinedNSP
Site Admin

PostPosted: Dec Thu 14, 2006 1:11 pm    Post subject: Triglycerides and Blood Sugar Too High Reply with quote

Triglycerides and Blood Sugar Too High

My hubby just got his blood test results back the his triglycerides were over 5000. His blood sugar is over 300. He is on meds for blood sugar and can't get it down. We've tried herbs and low-carb diets, he walks a mile a day, but can't get the sugar, the bp, or the cholesterol down. The doctor wants him on Zocor, but he's already on
5 different meds, so we are concerned about adding more meds for fear of liver damage. The nurse said if you don't do it, you'll get liver damage.

Herbs that he's on right now are Red Yeast Rice (10/day, Chinese Lung Support (12/day), Spirulina (4/day).

High LDL and Triglycerides means inflammation, right? How do I figure out what's inflamed?? I've tried several angles and I can't seem to get it right. The doctors can't get it right. I'm frustrated!!! -Sharon Baldwin
- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
It's great that your hubby is trying different things. What other meds is he on? Funny that the nurse told you that adding Zocor would help prevent liver damage when in actuality it harms it. Anyway, have you tried Milk thistle combination for liver protection as well as Omega 3's? Is he on any enzymes? What is his blood type? What is his diet like? What is his cholesterol? -John
Yes, I know Zocor has problems. His parents both used the med. His dad did fine on it (according to the doctors), but his mom got very, very sick. A friend of mine's dad had depression problems because of it with suicidal tendencies, so I want to avoid it.

He finds that when he uses herbs, the meds actually seem to work better, but we can't get a handle on this. Even with the herbs, his bp and sugar are high. He has tried milk thistle, omega 3s, food enzymes, fat grabbers SF, and more. We've done the dieter's cleanse and Para Cleanse, yeast detox, heavy metal detox... the Para Cleanse made him feel very sick.

He is a Type A blood. Diet -- high protein, low carb. He tends to have an omelet for breakfast, a salad for lunch, snacks are cheese, yogurt, mixed nuts, maybe a burrito if he's working late and needs a dinner-munchie. Dinner is usually chicken, but occasionally we have pork chops or hamburgers, the occasional sausage or steak (but red meat is expensive, so steaks are seldom). He eats very little bread, rice, pasta or potatoes, very few fruits. He loves stir- fries, so I can put in tons of vegies and a little meat.

Cholesterol was high, but I forgot the number after the nurse told me. I should have written it down, but I didn't. I just remember that HDL was too low, LDL was too high, Triglycerides were out of the roof. I think that the computer couldn't computer the cholesterol because the Triglyceride number was so high.

As for meds: he's on Metformin, Benicar, Lisinopril, Diazem <SP?> and one other med that I can't remember the name of.

I asked the nurse if hormones could be the problem. Both my dad and step-dad had hormone problems and low iron counts (my hubby also has a low iron count at this point). Both dads complained of fatigue and couldn't find the energy to do the things they wanted to do. Both had high blood pressure and signs of diabetes and were told to lose weight. Which they did. But the doctors also gave them hormones, and the bp, diabetes and fatigue all went away. Because my hubby is only 40 and his thyroid, while low, is still in the normal range, the doctor doesn't feel that hormones would be the issue -- even though he has the symptoms. -Sharon Baldwin
Sharon, He needs some good beneficial fats in his diet. Kim is promoting virgin coconut oil and hemp seeds (on top of salads) as well as hemp oil.

These are medium chain fatty acids that transport nutrients out of being stuck in the liver, congesting it.

You can spread the coconut oil on toast, put it in a smoothie, take it right off the spoon, and any other ways you can get it in.

Other nutritional beneficial fats come from:

Avocados
Nuts
Organic butter and eggs
Goat cheese
Whole fat cream cheese and sour cream

He needs to be eating ½ his body weight in grams of nutritive fats daily.

Add Hi Lipase if he has trouble breaking fat down.

PS With that much Red Yeast Rice per day his CoQ10 is probably getting depleted as well.

You probably want to put him on Super Omega 3 as well.

PSS Kim says she uses Red Clover, SF, and fish oils to decongest the liver. -Carol Matz
Sharon, There is a bioidentical hormone panel you can order through Kim. If you strongly feel that there's a hormonal imbalance, I'd try that.

You can muscle test him on statements like:

Hormone imbalance is responsible for .....

The liver needs healthy fats to transport nutrients out to the rest of the body. -Carol Matz
Sounds like you hit the nail on the head- thyroid/adrenals. This would explain the fatigue and other symptoms. Get some iodine in him and the thyroid support along with adrenal support. -John
Thanks John. I did try the thyroid support with him last month, but didn't see any changes, so didn't reorder when he ran out (yesterday was his last dose of it). But maybe some things take longer than a month before you see any difference?

But I am willing to try again (and he's willing to try anything I give himn). I know his adrenals are very, very taxed. So let's say that adrenal support and thyroid support aren't quite the right formulas for whatever reason. What other options are there for adrenal and thyroid support?

I'll find a list of iodine-rich foods and start getting those down him. -Sharon Baldwin
Carol, I like that idea! So if a hormone imbalance is responsible for blood pressure being high, you would treat the hormones, not necessarily the blood pressure, right? But if the diabetes is the result of blood pressure, which is a result of hormones, do you still treat hormones or hormones and blood pressure? Or does that have to be muscle tested, too? -Sharon Baldwin
When is the last time he did a cleanse? Also, may try fasting from time to time to let the liver get caught up and cleanse as well. Lots of water, remember. -Wally
Many things take at least 3 months to take effect. AND he has to be consistent with his protocol. -Margaret Jeffers
Often HBP is a kidney issue. Sometimes this happens when a person goes into ketosis - often a result of high protein diet. -Margaret Jeffers
I've seen people have success lowering cholesterol with Guggul Lipid. Just throwing that out there.... Might be something for which to muscle test. -Marian Becchio
That figures -- about the ketosis.

He chooses a high protein diet because of the diabetes issue. It is hard to find the perfect balance, isn't it? -Sharon Baldwin
The problem with him is that things can change weekly or monthly. It is hard to find an herb combination that will consistently remain strong with him. He can take something for a month or 2, sometimes only a week or 2, and then when he's muscle tested, he tests weak. You would think he was a Type O! -Sharon Baldwin
I guess he doesn't have much choice at the moment but to do the protein. What most folks misunderstand about switching to protein for various therapeutic reasons is that you do NOT need to eat as much and your tummy does NOT need to fill full. Protein is a dense fuel so you don't need as much. It is also a slow release fuel so you don't get as hungry so soon.

I'd strongly recommend the C. KB-C here because the body gets rid of excess sugar that it cannot regulate out through the urine Maybe C. KB-C during the week and C. Kidney Activator on the weekends. A fellow came to me once saying his cholesterol was 3000. I thought he was mistaken, but, he insisted saying that they had to dilute his blood 10 to 1 to get a reading of 300. Statins made him so sick he couldn't take them - and after all the misery they caused, his cholesterol didn't budge. He tested for Para Cleanse and after the 2 weeks regimen his cholesterol came down to 1500 - something the satins couldn't do. I don't remember what all we did from there but he came to me in church and ceremoniously pulled from his pocket a slip of paper with his recent cholesterol reading of 253. Herbs are powerful medicine. They are perfectly suited for the body by its Creator. I'm sure your hubby's remedies are out there...and everyone who seeks....finds. :~) -Pat Block
High triglycerides are sometimes related to underactive thyroid. -Jean Weddle
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: