Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index Nature's Sunshine Products NSP
For customer and distributor discussions of Nature's Sunshine Products. Not an official site of NSP.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Triglycerides

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CombinedNSP
Site Admin

PostPosted: Dec Thu 14, 2006 1:09 pm    Post subject: Triglycerides Reply with quote

Triglycerides

Can't seem to lower my triglycerides. Doctor says it might be genetic. Is this possible?
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
First, you will want to check if the person has high blood sugar (Possibly diabetic) like my self. High blood sugar coincides with high triglycerides according to my cardiologist, and I am being treated with 2000 MG of niacin a day. My triglycerides were over 5000 at one time. I am at 180 now. -Norman
I call this the triglyceride misconception phenomena.

For many years I thought the triglyceride level was related to fat consumption. later I learned it is not but sugar and carbohydrate consumption. I would down fat grabbers like candy now I use the carbo grabbers and I have been very successful with them.

I know that high triglycerides are r/t the onset of type II diabetes. So this is so important to understand that it is the sugar and carbs, not so much the fat. The is a good book out on this very subject, but I do not remember the name maybe someone will.

Please see a popular website below that will help you research this phenomena.

http://www.mercola.com/2003/oct/25/carbs_triglycerides.htm
http://www.solopro.com/glycemic_chart.html
This has been said before, but it bears repeating. Sugar is one of the major causes of elevated triglycerides. Years ago when mine were elevated, I told the nutritionist that I ate very few sweets--candy, desserts, etc. It did come to my mind, though, to mention that I had gotten in the habit of having a coke many afternoons. Bingo!

If already you do eat very little sugar, then you need to look at the amount of carbs you are eating--breads, pasta, potatoes. I would wager that if you cut out ALL sugar and carbs for two weeks and had your triglycerides re-tested, they would be down significantly. Good luck! Hope this helps!!! -Deana
I just went through the same thing however, instead of the issue with sweets (which I do not have) it is the amount of Carbs I was in taking, also another thing you may want to ask your doctor to do is to run a B12 blood test on you. You see I lacking the B12 absorption in my body and this can cause your Pancras to malfunction which is in turn related to your liver - thus causing a metabolism breakdown and with no metabolism to many carbs will cause turns to pure sugar and raises the triglycerides. I have recently purchased Dr. Atkins book to learn how to eat less carbs - I take shots for the B12 and I am on the up hill climb. I have lost about 12 lbs in two 1/2 weeks (I could use to lose) feel better, sleep better, and levels are coming down. Dr Atkins explains it all - this is not a diet to me but a life change if I want to have a longer life... Good Luck! I know it will work - I am proof... -Shelia
My suggestion is to cut down on your carbohydrates. Look on the diabetic glycemic scale and see what is considered high, then get rid of it from your diet. I like licorice root or chromium GTF to help regulate sugar levels.

http://diabetesnet.com/diabetes_food_diet/glycemic_index.php -Dee
Triglycerides are three fatty acids and esters of glycerol. Fatty acids are composed of sugar and alcohol. Triglycerides travel with cholesterol to combust cholesterol at the appropriate time. If cholesterol goes below 175 then this leaves more triglycerides in the serum and they become elevated. The primary glands involved with triglycerides are posterior pituitary, hypophyseal stalk, adrenals and the pancreas head. The normal range should be 75-200 for lab reference.

High triglycerides can be high due to several factors.

1. Glycerol is too acid due to a lack of infusion of phosphorus via phosphoylation in the stomach. This is where Protease Plus, Cellular Energy and Ultimate Green Zone can help.

2. Fatty acids are not being oxidized properly by pancreatic enzymes. Food Enzymes, Cellular Energy and PBS can help here.

3. There is an improper electrolyte balance of chloride and sodium by the adrenals. Adrenal Support, Lymphatic Drainage, Barley Juice Powder and Licorice can help with this.

4.There is a problem with the hypophyseal stalk dealing with the light and dark reaction. Increasing protein and adding Free Amino Acids alond with Stress-J or Suma combination can help with this. -Kimberly Balas
- - - - - - - - - - -
Q: Any suggestions for client with newly diagnosed trigeminal neuralgia. Pain began 7 months ago, seemed like a sinus infection. Pain around eye and over forehead. Just recently diagnosed, would like to try natural treatment first. -Patty
- - - - - - - - - - -
Has the client seen the dentist. I was diagnosed with it and all they wanted to do was put me on drugs. Here I had an infection that was not showing up in any of their diagnostics. Just need to find the right doctor and that is difficult. Just a suggestion. I am sure there are herbs for the pain, but maybe also need to find out why the pain is there. Something is causing the nerve to be inflamed from what I was told. -Kris
- - - - - - - - - - -
I would deal with any type of nerve pain by using natural anti-inflammatories, like Omega 3 fish oils, combination IF-C and Thai-go or Noni juice. This may also help the nerves rebuild their conductive coating or myelin. If you know for a fact that there was no direct trauma that may have damaged the nerves then you might also consider allergies or more severe conditions such as multiple sclerosis.
- - - - - - - - - - -
I have helped two w/ this condition- APS II Triple Relief, Magnesium Complex, B complex, Noni Capsules-Super GLA (2 -3X daily) and chlorophyll water daily. -Nora
- - - - - - - - - - -
A possibility could be massaging Helichrysum Essential Oil into the area. (Do NOT get it into your eyes)

I would follow up on the possibility of it being related to your teeth also. . . . -Georgiana
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: