Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index Nature's Sunshine Products NSP
For customer and distributor discussions of Nature's Sunshine Products. Not an official site of NSP.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Vitiligo

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CombinedNSP
Site Admin

PostPosted: Dec Thu 14, 2006 12:13 pm    Post subject: Vitiligo Reply with quote

Vitiligo

Have a mother who is interested in finding information to help her 14 year old daughter who has Vitiligo. Depigmentation is not bad currently. Most spots covered by clothes. Diabetes is very predominate in family. Would appreciate any help.
- - - - - - - - - -
Although I have no personal experience with this, I have been told that Pau d'Arco lotion externally will help. You might also want to use Pau d'Arco tea or extract internally also since I was told that this was caused by a fungus. -Mike
- - - - - - - - - -
Vitiligo is a condition in which a loss of melanocytes results in smooth, whitish patches of skin. In some people, one or two demarcated patches appear; in others, patches of vitilgo appear over a large part of the body. The changes are most striking in darkly pigmented people. As in albinism, the unpigmented skin is extremely prone to sunburn. The areas of skin affected by vitilgo also produce white hair because the melanocytes are lost from the hair folicles. Vitilgo may occur after unusual physical trauma, especially head injury, and tends to occur with certain other diseases, including Addison's disease, diabetes, pernicious anemia, and thyroid disease. Vitiligo may be devastating psychologically because of the extreme disfigurement that results from the pigmentary change. Vitiligo is thought, by some, to be an autoimmune disorder, by others to be liver related, and the glandular system is involved. PITUITARY AND ADRENAL GLANDS! Tinea vesicolor is a fungal infection of the skin that may appear similar to vitiligo, though sometimes it results in hyperpigmentation (darkening).

An iridology reading would be very helpful. Also using MRT to narrow down the course of treatment.
1. Detoxification: Tiao He, Clean Start, Nature's Cleanse, Bowel Detox.
2. Basics: Food Enzymes, Multiple Vit/Min, B-Complex, HSN-W, LBS-II.
3. Vitiligo Specific: Sunshine, Master Gland, Parsley, Liver Cleanse Formula, A&D Vit, Herbal Trace Minerals, PABA, Grapine.
4. Possible Essential Oils: Glandular, Skin and Hair: Clary Sage, Frankincense, Geranium, Patchouli, Roman Chamomile, Rose Bulgaria, Sandalwood, Ylang Ylang.

Immunity, Skin and Hair: Bergamot, Clove, Eucalyptus, Frankincense, Geranium, Lavender, Lemon, Peppermint, Pine Needle, Roman Chamomile, Rosemary, Sandalwood, Tea Tree, Thyme Linalol, Wild Oregano.

Use MRT to find out which products would be best. Hopes this helps -Joodi Morris
- - - - - - - - - -
12yr old boy has been diagnosed with Vitiligo, does anyone have any info on this and the herbs to use? mom didn't give me any of his symptoms. Will appreciate the help. -Bettye
- - - - - - - - - -
This is a condition due to loss of Vitamin A. NSP has a good Vitamin A and D combination. I would also add Vitamin C at 2000 mg a day. Make sure he is not eating fast foods, get's plenty of sunshine activities, start adding salmon to his diet and if he will not eat salmon give Omega Fish Oils. -Suzanne
- - - - - - - - - -
Vitiligo is a skin condition characterized by white patches resulting from the loss of pigment. Any part of the body may be affected. Two in very 100 people are affected by this disease, and over half of these people are under the age of 20 years. The white patches are the result of the disappearance of the skin's melanocytes. This disease may be due to several factors. Abnormally functioning nerve cells may produce toxic substances, which injure melanocytes. Pigment producing cells may self-destruct. There is a genetic effect that makes melanocytes susceptible to injury. Lately, researchers have found that the body's immune system may destroy melanocytes. Some researchers agree that an immune system imbalance may cause the immune system to identify pigment as a foreign substance and thus destroy it. Polypodium leucotomos 50:1 standardized extract taken as a food supplement has been successfully used by many Vitiligo patients. Vitiligo is characterize by skin depigmentation and is commonly associated with the immune system. KALAWALLA can help regulate the immune system bringing it to its healthiest, strongest, balanced levels. Repigmentation results can be seen within the first month of taking the product. -Karen
- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
PICRORRHIZE has been shown to reduce the number of the unpigmented patches. This herb is contained in Skin Detox Formula. -Lyndy
Have you tried looking to the liver? Stressed? Weak? LOTS of Chlorophyll and possibly LIV-J? Lots of Dandelion? -jsprevention
L-Carnitine & something for pituitary -kim
Ayurvedic Skin Detox, Master Gland, GreenZone, B's
had on forehead & cheek. Did candida diet & program (Bifidophilus, Hp Fighter, Proactazyme) plus eliminated couple food allergies (MT''d), B Complex was very important, Trace Minerals, L-Cysteine, completely gone in 3 months. hasn't' returned in over 1 year. Gradually added foods back into diet & food allergies were neutralized. Maintains on Bifidophilus, B Complex, Proactazyme.
An autoimmune disease. Vitamin E. -Michelle
We have had good results with white patches on the skin - - turning them back to the natural color - - BUT - - not huge areas like I think Michael Jackson has. What has worked well for many people in our office is Yellow Dock and Oregon Grape internally along with the Ayurvedic Skin Detox. I address it like it is an underlying staph infection. Have seen complete renewal of skin color. But, as I said, I am not sure it would work if a whole arm turned white . . have never tried it to that extent. It takes a pretty good length of time on these products! Several months! -Ruby Lawler

I have seen improvement by working with the liver. The liver is responsible for releasing pigment in the skin....and iron (I-X) feeds the liver. Muscle Test these: Liver Cleanse Formula or LIV-J or Liquid Chlorophyll. And adding a Homeopathic Liver Detox has been helpful. -JS

B VITAMINS. PABA is suppose to help re-pigment the skin along with using HCL enzymes after meals. JS Prevention
Ayurvedic Skin Detox, large doses of Grapine (high potency) and Super Antioxidants. -Jane Plescher

* Vitiligo is the result of the damage or death of the skin's melanocytes. The white patches are the result of the disappearance of the skin's melanocytes. This disease may be due to several factors. Abnormally functioning nerve cells may produce toxic substances, which injure melanocytes. Pigment producing cells may self-destruct. There is a genetic effect that makes melanocytes susceptible to injury. Melanocytes self-destruction. While pigment is forming, toxic byproducts could be produced injuring and destroying melanocytes. The immune system imbalance may cause the immune system to identify pigment as a foreign substance and thus destroy it. That makes it an auto immune disorder. I would try Cellular Energy formula to keep the energy production healthy in the mitochondria of the cell. Also the anterior pituitary is responsible for producing melanocyte stimulating hormone to produce melanin or skin pigmentation and sexual drive. So if there is a hypopituitary issue then there would be slow or no production of MSH. MSH is not solely used in pigmentation. It has a role in the immune system, including anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial effects. It may have a role in recovery from nervous system injury, and it has cardiovascular and behavioral effects. It is an anabolic steroid. Melanocyte stimulating hormone (MSH) is a peptide hormone. That means it is made out of amino acids. It is very similar to the stress hormones ACTH and POMC. So I would try the Super Aalge or Master Gland or IGF-1 and get the triglycerides combusting in the mitochondria with the new Cellular energy formula. The antioxidants would still be a good choice as well. -Kim
This is what I and my daughters must have as I have had white patches on injury prone parts such as knees, elbows and fingers since I was a kid and my daughter was born with some small patches. My mom has also had it all her life. I have never tried to treat myself but I might take some All Skin Detox just to see. -Leslie Baldwin
I am going thru NAET treatments. You can find out more about this on the web. The book describing this is "Say Goodbye To Illness" By Dr. Nambudprid. I recommend you look at it. Vitiligo seems to be associated with a vitamin B deficiency or mal-absorption. This can be caused by a Vit B allergy. I would look into it. I have vitiligo and have searched diligently for the cause and cure. I think we are on the right track. I am now taking Folic Acid and a sublingual vit b liquid. I also take a digestive enzyme with HCL. There is a digestion issue you need to look at with vitiligo most people with vitiligo have low HCL. No skin color has returned as of yet but I am confident it will. Hope this helps.
My mother had this alternating with a pinkish itchy "velvet" over her entire torso for over 25 years. Minerals, N-Acetyl Cysteine, Flax Seed Oil and Carrot Juice helped control it, but if she ran out it would come back with a vengeance in 24 hours. For awhile, we thought it was fungal and applied Tea Tree Oil, Black Walnut and Pau d'Arco Lotion externally, but that didn't really help like the above items did.

It TOTALLY disappeared after she had her silver fillings replaced. Since then, we've learned a very interesting link between chronic mercury poisoning and candida and B-Complex mal- absorption. -Yoder
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: