Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index Nature's Sunshine Products NSP
For customer and distributor discussions of Nature's Sunshine Products. Not an official site of NSP.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Water - How Much

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CombinedNSP
Site Admin

PostPosted: Dec Thu 14, 2006 12:09 pm    Post subject: Water - How Much Reply with quote

Water - How Much

How much water should we be drinking? I've heard from 64 ozs to half your body weight in ozs.

When do we drink so much we are flushing nutrients thereby doing more harm?

Someone is telling me with my 5-6 15oz glasses i'm drinking too much and wshing out my nutrients. -cindyp
- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
I was told the rule of thumb is divide your body weight in half and then convert it to ounces. So if a person weighed 100 pounds they should be drinking 50 oz of water per day. -Diane L. Toombs
I still go with read " Your body's many cries for water", it will set matters straight for you. -Jeannette Romanofsky
One of my savvy, "world class" instructors in body work told our class that there have been studies done on excessive intake of water, and that this practice actually CAN "wash out" minerals to some degree.

The result of the study was a recommendation: take your body weight in pounds, divide by 40, and this is the max amount of water in OUNCES to consume in a half an hour. For a 160 lb person, that translates to no more than 4 ounces per half hour. This seemed to be the optimal level of water consumption vs. mineral loss. Overdoing the water did lower a person's mineral stores. Of course, a person wouldn't be drinking this much EVERY half hour. That would really be overdoing it. I am not sure what they would suggest for a daily total amount.

I used go a long while without water when working, and then would quickly drink two glasses at a time to catch up. This new concept of only so much every half hour helped me to realize I needed to be sipping on water throughout the day instead of guzzling a couple glasses whenever I got a chance.

I would think, too, it would make a lot of difference on what kind of water you were drinking, too. I know distilled water will leach out a person's minerals over time. It is like a magnet.

Warren Clough, the RO expert and cancer survivor, suggests to make sure you emphasize the fresh veggies and fruits in your diet. That is your source of readily available, abundant minerals - in greens, colorful veggies, etc

(.........or it used to be! Unless your foods are grown on healthy, well-managed soil, they are not likely to be as valuable in nutrition as they could be. "Organically grown" of course is(usually)the best bet for mineral content in your food, as it is grown on the healthiest possible soil.) -Susan Lebovitz, LMT
I have a gentleman that I am trying to get to drink more water. However, when he drinks more water, he says he pees too much. Does anyone have any rules of thumb about how often someone should pee, how many times a day, how much, etc? Thanks. -Nancy Jackson
I believe the rule is to drink half your body weight in water. I believe initially you pee alot but that subsides once the body get's use to it. Just my experience. -Toni Lindsay
He is probably not used to urinating because he isn't drinking water. You need to make him understand the importance of the water and that what he was consuming was not enough so he wasn't urinating enough. Some people are so lazy and set in their ways that normal is abnormal to them and to change is a big deal. -John
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: