Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index Nature's Sunshine Products NSP
For customer and distributor discussions of Nature's Sunshine Products. Not an official site of NSP.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Loss/decreased Sense of Smell

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Health Issues & NSP Product Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HerbalND
Regular User

PostPosted: Jan Tue 09, 2007 10:56 am    Post subject: Loss/decreased Sense of Smell Reply with quote

Hello all,

I'm at a dead-end. I am working with 3 people who each have symptoms of an adrenal gland imbalance and/or thyroid issues who all have either a loss or decreased sense of smell.

Have any of you had experience with someone like this where you've found something which helps? Their other symptoms have pretty much improved, except for sense of smell.

I'm missing something, I just don't know what---nothing we've tried has helped them gain their sense of smell back.

TIA,
Regina
nspherblady

PostPosted: Jan Thu 25, 2007 11:33 am    Post subject: Lost sense of smell Reply with quote

I once had a gentleman whom was diagnosed with a viral infection which damaged the olfactory system located in the roof of the nostrils. He lost all sense of smell, which in turn altered his ability to taste food and affected his general well being. We know from the practice of aromatherapy that the sense of smell affects the emotions, so losing one's ability to smell can lead to depression and impair communication to the body/brain. Think about it, animals smell each others urine to communicate information to each other. It has been suggested that women who smell the armpits of their mates have more regular menstrual cycles and that these pheromones arouse sexual desire. Once these olfactory receptors are damaged can they be repaired? Antidotal methods that I have used succesfully was having the client smell garlic oil, (prick open a garlic oil capsule) several times a day. Supplement with zinc and an amino acid complex to enhance neurtransmission. I'd also add NSP's new sinus spray with grapefruit seed extract. Also keep in mind that various drugs have been demonstrated to have an effect on the sense of smell, in particular drugs that affect calcium channels. The medical name for this condition is anosmia, you can read more about it at the following wesite: [http://www.cf.ac.uk/biosi/staff/jacob/Anosmia/anosmia.html][/url]
HerbalND
Regular User

PostPosted: Apr Fri 23, 2010 12:50 pm    Post subject: Loss/decreased Sense of Smell Reply with quote

Makes a lot of sense. Thanks! Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Health Issues & NSP Product Discussions All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: