Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index Nature's Sunshine Products NSP
For customer and distributor discussions of Nature's Sunshine Products. Not an official site of NSP.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Cordyceps

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CombinedNSP
Site Admin

PostPosted: May Wed 16, 2007 3:56 pm    Post subject: Cordyceps Reply with quote

Cordyceps
Circulatory, Immune, Respiratory & Glandular Systems

Cordyceps sinensis, of the ergot family, is a precious traditional dried Chinese medicinal fungus that grows on insects, especially silkworms. It is rare, but herbalists in China have known about it for thousands of years. It was highly recommended by ancient medical practitioners as the most effective cure for all illness. Owing to the herb's high efficacy and potency in curing various diseases, it is well known as an important nourishing tonic. However, as the sourcing and gathering of the herb is difficult (it grows on the bodies of certain moth larvae in the mountainous regions of China and Tibet), its supply often falls short of demand.

History & Traditional Uses: For centuries Cordyceps was only available to Chinese royalty. It grows only under very specific and hard-to-duplicate conditions. This powerful fungal herb exists in only one place in the world, on the Qinghai, the Tibetan Plateau, and is a member of a family of fungi that represents just 2% of that available. The temperature is low year round, and the high altitude limits the oxygen available. These harsh conditions, which make life difficult even for most fungi, are perfect for growing Cordyceps. The great Ming Dynasty herbologist, Li Shih-Chen, praised Cordyceps as equivalent to ginseng, "invigorating all the body's vital energy systems."

The fungus caused a stir in 1993, when a Chinese women's team broke nine world records in the Chinese National Games. They were accused of using steroids, but passed all drug tests and pointed instead to a box of Chinese herbs containing Cordyceps. Considered safe and gentle, Cordyceps is sold as a supertonic for physical stamina, mental energy and sexual power. Chinese buy it in the whole dry form, and simmer it in duck and chicken soup. It regulates and ensures the normal functioning of the body, strengthens the immune system and promotes overall vitality and longevity.

Healing Potential: Studies indicate that Cordyceps provides tremendous health benefits: It is very effective in tonifying arrhythmia with an efficacy up to 94%. When the product was applied to 200 different ailments, no toxic side effect was detected. It is also effective in lowering the lipoproteinemia level, and in preventing arteriosclerosis, coronary heart disease as well as certain other diseases related to blood vessels of the brain.

Cordyceps can be used in the treatment of chronic nephropathy, chronic nephritis. Moreover, it has a diuretic effect and is good for the prevention of nephralgia. It helps strengthen the immune system of tumor patients who have received radiotherapy, chemotherapy or operation. It is remarkable for increasing the blood cells and protein for producing blood plasma, and for eliminating the ill effects after various therapies. Furthermore, the product is a synergist for reinforcing the efficacy of radiotherapy. Studies show that Cordyceps extracts can help prolong the life of cancer patients and reduce the effects of chemotherapy and radiation therapy when taken regularly for years. Patients taking Cordyceps in conjunction with radiation or chemotherapy showed a higher percentage (85%) of normal blood counts than those who did not take it (59%).

It provides remarkable benefits for various illnesses, impotence, emission, neurasthenia, rheumatoid arthritis, cirrhosis, flabby waist and knees. It helps stimulate the immune system of the elderly and strengthen their resistance to illness. Frequent dosage can prevent senile disorders. One reason for aging is insufficient secretion of sexual hormones, and Cordyceps is, in this regard, a hormone stimulator. Moreover, the aging effect is to a large extent attributed to the rise of active monoamine oxidize enzyme and Cordyceps can effectively inhibit it increase. Thus, it is an anti-aging medicine which helps regenerate organic functioning.

Cordyceps is a unique dietary supplement purported to have more pronounced benefits than ginseng in energizing the body's systems. It helps support the body when fatigued, promoting stamina and healthy lung function. Long-term administration of Cordyceps can reinforce the body against foreign attacks, improve the organic functioning, strengthen the immune system and in turn help bring longevity.

Nature's Sunshine uses a proprietary process in cultivating Cordyceps sinensis, providing a premium quality and standard of this rare, wild-crafted botanical harvested from the high plateau of Tibet. Since Nature's Sunshine uses natural source materials in its products, they are subject to color variation.

Caution: Cordyceps is safe for adults, but people using immune-suppressing drugs, anticoagulant drugs or bronchodilators should consult their heal care practitioners before using this product. Pregnant or lactating women should avoid using this product.

Use: Take two to three capsules of NSP's Cordyceps with a meal three times daily.

Sources
Li Shih-Chen, Pen-ts'ao kang-mu (Great Pharmacopoeia of Chinese Medicinal Herbs), China: Ming Dynasty, 16th Century

NSP from A to Z, January 2000

Zhu, J.S., G. Halpern, & K. Jones. "The scientific rediscovery of an ancient Chinese herbal medicine: Cordyceps sinensis" part 2

This information is for educational purposes only, and should not be used to diagnose or treat any disease. If you suspect that you have a serious medical problem, please consult the health practitioner of your choice.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Cordyceps

Here is what Chinese, MD about Cordyceps: Cordyceps Sinensis, a plant of the ergot family, is a traditional and precious dried Chinese medicinal herb belonging to the fungus category. It was highly recommended by ancient medical practitioners as the most effective cure for all illness. Owing to the herb's high efficacy and potency in curing various diseases, it is well-known as an important nourishing tonic. However, as the sourcing and gathering of the herb is rare and difficult, so its supply often falls short of demand. As, it grows on the bodies of certain moth larvae in the mountainous regions of China and Tibet. The fungus caused a stir in 1993, when a team of nine Chinese women broke nine world records in the Chinese National Games. They were accused of using steroids, but they passed all drug tests and pointed instead to a box of Chinese herbs containing Cordyceps. The track world was unconvinced, but you may want to give the mushroom a try. Cordyceps is considered safe and gentle, and is sold as a supertonic for physical stamina, mental energy and sexual power. Chinese buy it in the whole dry form, which includes a mummified larva and mushroom-fruiting body, and simmer it in duck and chicken soup. It regulates and ensures the normal functioning of various parts of the body, strengthens the immune system and promotes overall vitality and longevity. Studies indicate it provides tremendous health benefits as listed: 1) It is very effective in tonifying arrhythmia with an efficacy up to 94%. When the product was applied to 200 different ailments, no toxic side effect was detected. 2) It can be used as a substitute to natural Cordyceps Sinensis in the treatment of Chronic Nephropathy, Chronic Nephritis. Moreover, it has a diuretic effect and is good for the prevention of Nephralgia. 3) It helps strengthen the immune system of tumor patients who have received radiotherapy, Chemo-therapy or operation. It is remarkable for increasing the blood cells and protein for producing blood plasma, and for eliminating the ill effects after various therapies. Furthermore, the product is a synergist for reinforcing the efficacy of radiotherapy. 4) It provides remarkable benefits for various Climatic Age Illness, Impotence, Emission, Neurasthenia, Rheumatoid arthritis, Cirrhosis, flabby waist and knee. 5) It is also effective in lowering the lipoproteinemia level, and in preventing Arteriosclerosis, Coronary heart disease as well as certain other diseases related to blood vessels of the brain. 6) It helps stimulate the immune system of the elderly and strengthen their resistance to illness. Frequent dosage can prevent senile disorders. 7) One of the reasons for aging is due to the insufficient secretion of sexual hormones. Cordyceps Sinensis is, in this regard, a hormone stimulator. Morever, the aging effect is to a large extent attributed to the rise of active monoamine oxidize enzyme inside the body and Cordyceps Sinensis can effectively inhibit the rising of such enzyme. Thus, it is an anti-aging medicine which helps regenerate the organic functioning of humans. Long-term administration can reinforce the body against foreign attacks, improve the organic functioning, strengthen the immune system and in turn help bring longevity-- by Dr. Gilbert Ng. -Sammye Lamb
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
I use it for impaired immune function, especially cancer. It is a mushroom, falls in the category with Maitake, reishi etc. -Inge Wetzel
I have a lady taking Cordyceps, and she said she loves all the energy she has. -Carol Matz
I've been taking Cordyceps for a little more than a week. I'd had a respiratory virus that caused me to lose my voice for a few days. It then moved to my lungs. Not to gross anyone out but I coughed up terrible thick green mucus. After a while I saw traces of blood in it. All this time I'd been taking loads of VS-C, Olive Leaf Extract, ALJ, Mullein, Fenugreek & Thyme, etc. etc. I finally started taking Cordyceps. The next day the mucus I coughed up was clear. This was early this week. I still cough up clear to white but my lungs feel a lot better. It seemed to be the Cordyceps that finally helped. -Chottsie

Cordyceps Testimonial
A couple of weekends ago, my son and I went on a 4-day backpacking trip in the Rockies. I decided (the day we left, Saturday AM) that I better start taking some Cordyceps because we were going to be above 11,600 feet. I took three with breakfast, lunch and dinner. I really huffed and puffed on the climb up, but as the next couple of days rolled along I was able to hike along with my son (he's 14, I'm 46) while he got winded and I didn't. :-) Next time, however, I'm starting to take them a few days ahead of time. Can't wait to see how the ascent goes then. -Bill Hays
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
I have just tried this product and want to share my amazing results. Saturday I took two with breakfast and worked in the garden for several hours before realizing I had continued working and skipped lunch without becoming overly tired. Monday morning I took two Cordyceps with a glass of Body Prep prior to a dance rehearsal. I danced 1 hour 45 minutes in an un-air conditioned studio and was still standing/living/breathing to tell about it. We're talking red-faced, white-lipped, sweat-soaked kind of workout. I took two more Cordyceps at dinner went back last night for another hour and a half of practice. I'm 53 and haven't had this kind of stamina in several years. And hugely increased lung capacity. It's not surprising I had the best night's sleep in 10 years last night! I ordered the product with the intent of increasing a waning libido. So far I'm too busy dancing to notice any difference in this arena but am expecting great things here as well . . . will let you know. -Margaret Johnson
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Don, my husband, got a real good case of this sinus infection that seems to be going around the country. After 5 days in bed, I was able to join him (he was staying at a different location than I) and muscle test him. He started on Cordyceps, ALJ, Fenugreek & Thyme, and Vitamin C Ascorbates in juice (his throat was too sore to swallow Vitamin C tablets, so we used the powdered C). Within 24 hours, he was up and about, feeling a whole lot better. I love Cordyceps for any respiratory infections that hang on too long. -Kay Lubecke
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: