Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index Nature's Sunshine Products NSP
For customer and distributor discussions of Nature's Sunshine Products. Not an official site of NSP.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Wild Yam Cream - Product Testimonial

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CombinedNSP
Site Admin

PostPosted: Dec Thu 14, 2006 11:58 am    Post subject: Wild Yam Cream - Product Testimonial Reply with quote

Wild Yam Cream - Product Testimonial

Everything Your Doctor Hasn't Shared With You About The Cause of PMS and Menopausal Discomfort ... And The Revolutionary New Natural Solution

Beth Ellyn Rosenthal, B.A., M.S., M.B.A.
CEO, Meltdown International, December 12, 1995

Ninety percent of American women suffer from some type of menstrual problem. I suspect your PMS story can't be as bad as mine. But part of our stories probably match. If you're like me, you've suffered from the day you had your first period: Debilitating cramps. Wild mood swings. Super sensitive breasts. Pain that would make a linebacker double over. Fortunately, I've finally found relief. Now you can too.

Here's my tale. In the late 1940s, my mother desperately tried to have a baby. After two heartbreaking miscarriages, she heard about a special study at the University of Chicago. The researchers there were testing a promising new drug that would allow her to carry a baby to term. During her pregnancy my mother received 52 injections of a drug called DES, which turned out to be an artificial form of estrogen. The stuff did everything it promised. She got her dream: me. But DES turned out to be my nightmare. Later, as we DES babies grew up, researchers discovered this massive exposure to estrogen as fetuses caused severe deformities in the sexual organs of both males and females. (What will they find out 20 years from now about estrogen replacement therapy?) In my case, I was born with only one working ovary. And I'm too embarrassed to tell you the rest! But the point here is, my messed up system created menstrual problems I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy. I take that back. I would!

PMS: "The Witch"
Ovaries alternate releasing eggs once a month. When it's my non-working ovary's turn, I suffer no menstrual cramps or hot flashes. But I dread the months when the egg comes from the functional ovary. For 10 days before my period, I experience pain equal to natural child birth. Only drugs with strong narcotics put a dent in the agony. My sister, who lives in Canada, sends me pain pills that are not available here so I can have enough presence to get dressed and go to work. Talk about PMS. Hey, it was no secret in my case. I was known as "the witch"!

Things got worse as I got older. The physicians felt my exposure to DES intensified the typical symptoms of menopause.

At age 44, I am perimenopausal. (Perimenopause is the decade before menopause when women's bodies slowly and subtly begin to prepare for menopause. Perimenopause typically starts around age 40, but can begin as early as 35.) The hot flashes, which I had only experienced right before my period, intensified and became common throughout the month. My wild mood swings, which before had only been the hallmark of PMS, affected me all month long. There were times when an emotional cloud engulfed me for 30 days straight, choking me in a fog of malaise. And for the first time in my life, I couldn't fall asleep at night. Or stay asleep.

Needless to say, I was not a happy camper. In fact, I had become a prisoner of my menstrual cycles. I prayed for relief. But I was very picky about the solutions I sampled. After spending a lifetime coping with the sad side effects of an artificial "wonder" drug, I was not about to make the same mistake twice. I certainly wasn't going to take more artificial estrogen. (Been there, done that.) If the solution wasn't 100% natural, I wasn't interested.

The Natural Solution
Last year I got lucky. I learned about a natural form of progesterone made from the wild Mexican yam. This jar of cream looks, smells and feels like an expensive cosmetic. I rub one-quarter teaspoon of the sweet smelling cream on different parts of my body twice a day during the second half of my menstrual cycle. (You'll read why the timing is so critical later.) My friend who turned me onto the cream promised this was the panacea I was looking for. I was willing to invest the meager sum to find out.

I have to admit at first I was skeptical - that a simple cream could take the pain away - or get rid of my mood swings - or cool the hot flashes. But this natural form of progesterone did all of that and more.

What follows is my story. I can tell you what happened to me... and I have no idea what the wild yam cream will do for you. However, if the cream could work for me, a woman toxic with estrogen - which is the worst case scenario - imagine what it could do for you, a normal female?

The First Week: Increased Libido
I started rubbing the cream on the soft areas of my body on day one of my menstrual cycle. (Day one is the day my period begins.) For the first week (days 1 - 8), my body is producing all the progesterone it needs. My ovaries, which produce the hormone, don't need any help from their friends! I only start applying the cream when my body can't produce enough progesterone to keep my hormones (specifically the ratio between estrogen and progesterone) in balance. I apply the cream transdermally, which means absorption through the skin. Have you seen people on cruise ships with patches behind their ears? That was scopolamine, which helps fight motion sickness. The nicotine patch works the same way.

Progesterone increases female (and male) sexual libido. And that was the first thing I noticed. Suddenly, I became a very sexual creature. My life is busy - the kids, work, housework - taking care of the dogs - usually I barely find time to work out, much less make love. But the progesterone cream rearranged my priorities. Forget the housework! The man in my life noticed a big change and vowed to pay for all future jars of wild yam cream.

Adding the cream to my regimen also created a wonderful sense of euphoria. What it did was even out my mood swings. It made my depressions less depressing - but made my "wins'' so much more wonderful. I found myself losing my temper less because I was not as irritable as usual. I now could handle the roadblocks life put in my path with more equanimity. I had this wonderful sense of calm despite the storm around me.

The timing couldn't have been more perfect, because I got "downsized" right out of a job. Instead of panicking (my typical reaction to money pressures), I calmly crafted a plan to look for new opportunities. This was the first time in my life I didn't overreact. I shook my head in wonder.

This new feeling extended through PMS week. With enough progesterone in my system, my bitchiness just disappeared. Everything in the world seemed wonderful.
PMS Week: No pain, All Gain!

But the true test of the cream's efficacy came during the week before menstruation with the working ovary. I typically start getting hot flashes seven days before the onset of my period. That's when my family and my coworkers start avoiding me. The day before my period the crippling cramps begin. For four days I live in a narcotics- induced haze to quell the pain.

But this time, none of this happened. When I got my period, I experienced slight cramping. I rubbed one-eighth of a teaspoon of the cream on my abdomen every 30 minutes until the pain subsided. In two hours, I felt nothing! No more pain killers. I didn't even need an aspirin! The Yam Cream passed its acid test.

Women who have migraine headaches right before their periods can rub the cream on the back of their necks every 30 minutes until they get relief.

Why does this happen? Because nature's natural balance is upset: the system is rebelling against too much estrogen and too little progesterone. Scientists don't really know what causes this imbalance. Either the ovaries just don't produce enough progesterone. Or they produce too much estrogen. In my case, I had too much estrogen to start with. Either way, the ratio is off, making your life miserable.

But the week before menstruation is exactly the time your body is counting on the right amount of progesterone to be coursing through your veins. You see, one of progesterone's tasks is to relax all your smooth muscle tissues, including the ones contracting the uterus to dispel the unused uterine lining. Without this hormone, which is one of the best muscle relaxants in nature, your uterus and other involuntary muscles will contract with greater force than necessary, causing cramps and migraine headaches. Add the progesterone and poof! The aches go away.

A Month Later: Bigger Breasts
I'm small and athletic. All my life, except during pregnancy, I barely fit into an A-cup bra. I wear lace teddies instead of lace bras because I really have nothing to support. I began applying the cream to my breasts every fourth day. Deep into my second cycle on the yam cream, I began to notice my shirts were becoming a bit tight across the front. Then I stared in the mirror. My breasts were growing! Here, on the cusp of menopause I'm going through puberty. Three months later, I'm spilling out of a B cup. One friend, who is flat-chested like me, has gone up two cup sizes.

However, another friend of mine paid good money for breast reduction surgery. The last thing she needs is bigger breasts. She makes sure the yam cream goes nowhere near her chest. Instead, she applies it to her stomach, inner thighs, neck and arms. So far, she's noticed no change. Why is this happening? Beats me! But I'd guess the correct amount of progesterone triggers puberty-like reactions in women. Maybe age has nothing to do with it.

How Your Biochemistry Can Work For You
Why does progesterone make all this happen? Here's a basic science lesson.
Nature likes balance. PMS and menopause are caused by a natural imbalance: typically too much estrogen and not enough progesterone. The result makes your life a misery.

A Science Lesson
The science comes from Dr. Betty Kamen, who has a Ph.D. in nutrition. Her wonderful book, "Hormone Replacement Therapy: Yes or No" is an easy-to-read and informative primer on the subject. I will just excerpt the easy parts here.

Hormones are biochemical substances that are produced by your glands. Even your ovaries are glands because they also produce hormones.
Your body uses hormones to control other actions in your body. For example, your thyroid controls your metabolic rate. Since most of those actions take place far from the producing site (your thyroid gland is near the neck but your stomach digests the food), the glands deposit hormones into the bloodstream until specialized receptors recognize them. The hormones and their receptors are like pieces in a jigsaw puzzle. They fit together exactly. No other piece can take their place. In the body, hormone A won't fit into hormone B's receptors; hormone A just floats by hormone B's receptors in its search for perfect match.

Your glands manufacture their own hormones. They use three basic building blocks known as amino acids, proteins and cholesterol. Hormones made form cholesterol are called steroid hormones. Your sex hormones are steroid hormones made from cholesterol. Before puberty, the adrenal glands manufacture all sex hormones. Between puberty and menopause, the ovaries take over in women. Both glands split the job after menopause. The testes manufacture hormones in men.

Progesterone is the natural building block for all the steroid hormones, making both estrogens (associated with females) and androgens (for males.) Your body makes all the progesterone you need during the first eight days of your menstrual cycle. The progesterone levels shoot up to halt ovulation and trigger menstruation on about day 12. They continue at a high level until eight days after ovulation. If fertilization has not occurred, the muscles in your uterus contract to expel the rich uterine tissue that would nourish a pregnancy.

Women who are prone to PMS typically suffer from low progesterone levels. The natural solution is to return the two hormones to the balance nature intended for your body. During the second half of your cycle, if your body has more estrogen than progesterone, it is important to try to recreate the correct ratio to eliminate the symptoms. That includes:

Maintaining your body's ability to produce progesterone and/or adding progesterone to the body naturally AND
* Avoiding foods that will keep your estrogen levels high.
* Correcting the Ratio: Adding Progesterone

Of course, the progesterone cream takes up where Mother Nature left off. I'm sold on the natural solution, the wild yam cream. But what about artificial forms of progesterone? Will they help? Not as much. Because one of your liver's most important functions is to break down foreign hormones by returning them to your digestive tract. There, they bind with other substances, so they can be excreted, not absorbed. Birth control pills became a reality when scientists found a way for the artificial estrogen to be absorbed by the intestines. But this is not yet true with progesterone replacement hormones, making them difficult to administer by mouth. It's tough to fool your liver!
I swear by my wild yam cream. It has turned my life around - naturally!. As Mickey said on TV, "Try it, you'll like it."
-Herbs plus Ltd - Jim Jenks, N.D, H.M.D.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: