Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index Nature's Sunshine Products NSP
For customer and distributor discussions of Nature's Sunshine Products. Not an official site of NSP.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Alpha 1

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Health Issues & NSP Product Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ghuis

PostPosted: Jan Thu 04, 2007 11:04 pm    Post subject: Alpha 1 Reply with quote

Has anyone worked with Alpha-1---a genetic respiratory issue---- with any success?? Would like any information on it.
Thanks
Georgiana Duncan
Site Admin

PostPosted: Jan Sat 06, 2007 1:28 pm    Post subject: Alpha 1 Reply with quote

Hi,
This is the information I got on the internet. I'm not familiar with this issue, but can only give my logical opinion on a general 'game plan' - I'll do that at the end of this internet discription of Alpha 1. *

Alpha-1 Antitrypsin Deficiency (Alpha-1) is a condition that is passed from parents to their children through their genes. This condition may result in serious lung and/or liver disease at various ages in life. For each trait a person inherits, there are usually two genes and one gene comes from each parent. People with Alpha-1 have received two defective alpha-1 antitrypsin genes. One defective gene came from their mother and one from their father. There are many types of defective alpha-1 antitrypsin genes. The most common abnormal genes are called S and Z. Normal genes are called M. A person who does not have Alpha-1 will have two M genes (MM). People identified with Alpha-1 most commonly have two Z genes (ZZ). Current evidence suggests there are up to 100,000 people with Alpha-1 (ZZ) in the United States. Another deficient gene combination is SZ, although people with this gene combination are less likely to get lung or liver problems than those with two Z genes.

Alpha-1 occurs when there is a lack of a protein in the blood called alpha-1 antitrypsin or AAT that is produced by the liver. The main function of AAT is to protect the lungs from inflammation caused by infection and inhaled irritants such as tobacco smoke. The low level of AAT in the blood occurs because the AAT is abnormal and cannot be released from the liver at the normal rate. This leads to a build up of abnormal AAT in the liver that can cause liver disease and a decrease of AAT in the blood that can lead to lung disease.

The most common signs and symptoms of disease caused by Alpha-1 are:
Shortness of breath
Wheezing
Chronic cough and sputum (phlegm) production (chronic bronchitis)
Recurring chest colds
Eyes and skin turning yellow (jaundice)
Swelling of the abdomen (ascites) or legs
Vomiting blood (from enlarged veins in the esophagus or stomach)
Decreased exercise tolerance
Non-responsive asthma or year-round allergies
Unexplained liver problems or elevated liver enzymes
Bronchiectasis
===================================
I would suggest the person work on bowel cleansing and liver boosting. The bowel is always related to respiratory health - both being organs of elimation, if one is lacking, the load falls on the others. You can't work on the liver without making sure you have sufficient fiber and parastolic action to carry it and any toxins it picks up out of the body. Colonic therapy may even be a good idea. Do general building and immune system boosting, perhaps VitaWave and Thai Go + Immune Stimulator. Also one of the probiotics may be a good idea.

It sounds like the kidneys need support as well as testing for the various repiratory herbal combinations to see what might give some help there. I would think you have to get the symptoms under control and build up the body enough to start repairing itself in a positive way. I don't see how anything can be accomplished without cleaning the body, balancing pH, etc. first.

Hope this maybe gives you somewhere to start. . . . . "Back to basics" is always a good idea . . . . .

Georgiana Duncan
http://www.mynsp.com/Georgiana_Duncan/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Health Issues & NSP Product Discussions All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: