Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index Nature's Sunshine Products NSP
For customer and distributor discussions of Nature's Sunshine Products. Not an official site of NSP.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Rose Hips

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Health Issues & NSP Product Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HerbalND
Regular User

PostPosted: Dec Fri 22, 2006 5:51 pm    Post subject: Rose Hips Reply with quote

Hello All,

I have a question about the comparison of Rose Hips to the other sources of Vitamin C's, as far as milligrams of Vitamin C, absorption, etc. Have you noticed you need less or more of the Rose Hips compared to others? I feel I'm not too clear on this.

Thanks in advance,
Regina King, RN, ND
CombinedNSP
Site Admin

PostPosted: Dec Fri 22, 2006 8:48 pm    Post subject: Rose Hips Reply with quote

Rose Hips [Vital Nutrition] come from the rose plant—they are what remains after the petals fall off. Historically they have been used as a source of vitamin C and contain other vitamins.

Each capsule contains 560 mg rose hips.

Take 2 capsules with a meal three times daily.

Two capsules in a cup of hot water make a pleasant instant tea.

Source: NSP Catalogue
HerbalND
Regular User

PostPosted: Dec Fri 22, 2006 9:30 pm    Post subject: Rose Hips Reply with quote

Thanks. I guess I need to be more specific in my question.

I am basically wondering how Rose Hips compares to other Vitamin C's. In others words, let's say I have someone taking 4000 mg. Calcium Ascorbate type C, but want to switch them to the Rose hips instead. How do people determine how many Rose Hips capsules to recommend, I guess is what I'm asking.

Thanks,
Regina King, RN, ND
valerie Steiner
Regular User

PostPosted: Dec Sat 23, 2006 5:17 am    Post subject: re: Rose Hips Reply with quote

There are some people who cannot take Vit C as in the usual vit Cs. I have met only 3 during my years of NSP.
These people require herbals rich in natural Vit C. Example Rose Hips and Combination CC-A. Even Hawthorn.
I always muscle test them individually. Starting from one capsule a day-two-three and so on until they give a strong test. That number will be their starting figure which may increase in 1, 2, 3, 4 or more days or decrease the same way.
Recently I had two people who tested strong as having a bad case of TB in the bronchials. They both had been diagnosed medically as having Bronchial Asthma. They both tested for 20 Mullien for two days then 12 for the 3rd day and so on down. I left them on 2 a day as they had a lot of repairing to do and were likely to pick it up again easily, and added some AL-J .
Rose Hips is great for Hypoglycemics. NOT DIABETICS!! HYPOGLYCEMICS WILL TEST STRONG ON HYA. DIABETICS WILL TEST STRONG ON PRO-PANCREAS. If you ask how many of these they need daily, you will get an idea of how badly they are Diabetic or Hypoglycemic. 5 daily is not too bad but they can test for as much as 20 or more to start for a few days then cut down. I usually test them regularly often at the start. I have been finding several who were wrongly diagnosed as diabetic when they were hypoglycemic. Because both can go high and both can go low.
Another TIP.. GARLIC IS NOT FOR EVERYBODY! NOT FOR HYPOGLYCEMICS! I learned so much of this working with my husband who was BADLY HYPOGLYCEMIC. While I was BADLY DIABETIC! It took
me over 19 years to get totally out of Diabetes. Valerie
valerie Steiner
Regular User

PostPosted: Dec Tue 26, 2006 11:24 pm    Post subject: Diabetes advice Reply with quote

Regina, It took me many years and many herbs as it was all a learning curve! Today I would say simply check for Toxoplasmosis and if present clear it up with Nopal and Yarrow. Then with the foods you simply MUST get your protein level to 100% and keep it there. Protein is not meat fish eggs and cheese, but as in Genesis 1:29 SEEDS which are SEEDS, NUTS and Grains. Grains Must be well cooked. Rice is not cooked under 1 hour but is in 2 hours. Even though we eat it like that. I always try to have multi grains for breakfast and rolled oats is the basis. Fine OATS for Diabetics, coarse oATS for hypoglycemics.
I am vegetarian, not Vegan. But have clean fish with fins and scales. only.
No shellfish they are the cleanuppers of the sea. Eat all the junk! and Muck!!
I never twigged about the Toxoplasmosis till one of my sisters got it and turned badly diabetic. Then I remembered how about aged 9 years I chased and chased a wild cat till I caught it. It chewed my arm . From then onwards I remember I was the one for the sweetfoods, my brothers will tell anyone about me and the sweets !
So I do not even buy cakes and buiscuts or have them in the house very rarely. A visiting Daughter may buy them.
I took many bottles of P14 as it was called then [Pro Pancreas now] and Target Endurance 6 daily for a year.
I just must state again that I had no trouble with junk foods till my protein level was down. So I tested myself reguarly muscletesting. I did not skimp on Honey when I wanted it but did not keep sugar in the house.Hope this helps.. We did not have Maple Syrup those days either!
Most of my life finances were tight so I could not afford to waste money on that which was not food. Ice cream was christmas and birthdays...
I have come across a number of people wrongly diagnosed as diabetic when they were not! As both groups, diabetics and Hypoglycemics can go high and low. ANDDD they both love their junk foods and fatty ones!
I have taken a lot of other herbs as I had Many things wrong with me, Lupus, MS, Sjorgrens, TB, and so many others I had to keep working on...
I do not like cooking so I guess that made it easier for me also..
I used to think it would be so nice to have some-one cook for us, but
I found Maple Syrup not too bad either.. WE do have an ice cream now made in a local city that is also ok for diabetics...
Rosehips are not for Diabetics. One of our top NZ NSP Managers tried to get me to take it. I refused and eventually he tested me on a Theratest and was puzzeled to find it was not good for me!
I did a lot of Garlic cleanses over those years, here I would take a whole bottle of Garlic in 24 hours and my blood came up looking really good with all the part cells and junk gone in 24hours. Mind you I did "STINK".. When I first took garlic10 or 20 I would feel so sick. I finally worked out that I was so highly INFLAMED all through my body it was like putting Garlic on raw Flesh! Each time I took the Garlic I felt a little less sick until I could take 20 or more and feel fine.

I had to learn to drink regularly as I was inclined to not drink for days.
I was addicted to Chocolate.. When I ate my last HUGE BAR, you know I will just have One square, and another, and another till it was all gone and I was feeling so sick it took me 2 months before I felt well again . I was by then a solo mother with 5 very active childred to earn a living and care for. Then everybody started giving me boxes and cakes and Bars of chocolate!! THE SAME WITH MERANGES A KIWI SWEET MADE WITH EGGS SUGAR AND WHIPPED CREAM.
I did a lot of cleanses and parasite cleanses too, SINCERELY, VALERIE[/list][/code]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Health Issues & NSP Product Discussions All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: