Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index Nature's Sunshine Products NSP
For customer and distributor discussions of Nature's Sunshine Products. Not an official site of NSP.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Ad Responses

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Business Building Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CombinedNSP
Site Admin

PostPosted: Dec Sun 17, 2006 3:13 pm    Post subject: Ad Responses Reply with quote

Ad Responses

The 10 Easiest Ways to Triple the Response of Every Email,
Ad, Web Page and Sales Letter: An Interview with David Garfinkel by Mark Joyner

Recently I sat down with David Garfinkel and asked him to share some secrets with me. Even if you think you already know how to write great ads, I highly recommend reading this interview. Great marketers never stop learning! By now I'm sure you've heard of David Garfinkel, author of "Killer Copy Tactics." I've been promoting David very heavily lately. Why? Well, David is an amazing teacher! I wish I had met David years ago. It would have saved me years of trial and error.

My question to David was this: "If someone held a gun to your head and you *had* to give them the 10 best ways they could ‘triple' the response of their advertising, what would you suggest?"

Here's David's superb response:
1. Write your headline from your prospect's point of view, not your own.
It's amazing how many business people forget to look at their products and services from the perspective of the people buying them. The sooner your prospects recognize themselves and their own wants and needs in the words you use in your headline, the more they will buy from you.

2. Use the words "You," "New" and/or "How to" in your headline.
These are proven words that rivet attention. Hook them up to a benefit your prospect wants, and your response will skyrocket!

3. Make your opening sentence continue what you were talking about in the headline.
If in your headline you promised your prospect a new way to make money, say something in your opening sentence to get them even *more* excited about making money. If your headline promised relief from a problem, use your opening sentence to intensify their awareness of their problem.

4. Tell your whole story, in miniature, by the time the first paragraph is over.
People have a very short attention span these days. If you can telescope your entire sales story down to a sound-bite-in-writing -- think of how they do this on the TV news, where they give you the key points of a story and then say "film at 11" -- far more people will read your copy, and your sales will increase dramatically. Then use the rest of your copy to retell your story, in more detail.

5. Use specific, powerful (and most important of all, true) testimonials.
No matter how honest or persuasive you are, people usually won't believe you in your copy when they first read it. They need to get to know you and trust you... and that can take a while. Unfortunately, you don't have a while -- you have to sell them *right now*. But they will be much more likely to believe other people when those people are singing your praises. It's just human nature. So get testimonials that give you high credibility.

6. Use detailed, convincing case studies.
No matter what you're selling, people always have the following question in the back of their minds: "How will this work for someone like me?" A detailed, in-depth case study of someone using your product or service will answer that question – and when you include a case study like that, far more people will buy from you.

7. Use a powerful guarantee and draw attention to it.
You can't sell on the Web or through mail-order without using a guarantee. So as long as you have to use one anyway, use a strong one and highlight it to the max! Your increased sales will far outnumber any additional returns you might have, and you'll come out way ahead.

8. Edit your copy ruthlessly.
If a word doesn't keep the reader reading by making what you're writing more interesting, or making what you're selling more appealing, cut it out. Copywriting is the art of doing more with fewer words. Every word has to work really hard, and your copy has to be easy to read. The fewer words you have doing the same job, the more people will buy from you.

9. Give one or more free bonuses so it is easier to say "yes" than to say "no."
Just look at what we did with "Killer Copy Tactics." There are three free bonuses, each of which is easily worth more than the price of the entire course! Every good direct marketer does the same thing. From free calculators with magazine subscriptions to a free American Express Platinum Card with a new Lexus, bonuses consistently improve response and end up making you more money when you use them.

David hit the nail right on the head. These are exactly the types of tactics I use, and you should as well. David's course "Killer Copy Tactics" is a fun and easy way to increase the response of any promotion you have on the web!
Check it out here: http://www.roibot.com/kc.cgi?R201_Xtr2

- - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Ads That Get Results

The Top 10 Mind Altering Words that Make People Buy

1. Use the word "fast" in your ad.
People want fast results, fast delivery, fast ordering, etc. Nowadays, we usually value our time more than our money.

2. Use the word "guaranteed" in your ad.
People want to be assured they are not risking their hard earned money buying your product.

3. Use the word "limited" in your ad.
People want to own or receive things that are exclusive or rare because they are considered to be more valuable.

4. Use the word "easy/simple" in your ad.
People want easy ordering, easy instructions, easy to use, easy payments, etc.

5. Use the word "testimonial" in your ad.
People want to see believable proof before they buy your product. It should be reputable and specific proof.

6. Use the word "discount/sale " in your ad.
People want to find bargains. They could be rebates, one time sales, percentage offers, get one free offers, etc.

7. Use the word "free" in your ad.
People want free incentives before they do business with you. They could be free books, accessories, services, etc.

8. Use the word "you/your" in your ad.
People want to know that you are talking to them. This will make them feel important and attract them to read the whole ad.

9. Use the word "important" in your ad.
People do not want to miss important information that could affect their life. People will stop and take notice.

10. Use the word "new" in your ad.
People want new products or services that will improve their life like new information, tastes, technology, results, etc.

Submitted by Larry Dotson, http://www.ldpublishing.com ©1997-99, by Coach U
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Business Building Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: