Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index Nature's Sunshine Products NSP
For customer and distributor discussions of Nature's Sunshine Products. Not an official site of NSP.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Avoidable Blunders

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Business Building Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CombinedNSP
Site Admin

PostPosted: Dec Sun 17, 2006 3:07 pm    Post subject: Avoidable Blunders Reply with quote

Avoidable Blunders

Five Avoidable Blunders
By Christopher Sewell

It's a real shame how many people start off in this business with excitement, energy, and a gleam in their eye, only to have that fire extinguished because they can't seem to make any money. There are thousands of people, maybe you're among them, who right now are not as successful as they'd like to be. If you learn the methods for doing this business correctly, of course, you can make all the money you want. I'm about to clue you in to 5 of the top avoidable mistakes most people make that hold them back from achieving success in their Network Marketing business – so listen up:

1: Sending sales packages to cold lists.
First let me define a "cold list." It's a list of names that have shown absolutely, positively, no interest in your offer. They didn't request further information on your opportunity and really don't care how great your company is in the first place (despite how you feel!). Mailing your offer to a cold list is the surest way to drain your bank account. These people will most likely trash your information without so much as a simple glance. The way to avoid this mistake is simple -- mail only to "warm leads." Warm leads are those who've specifically asked for more information about your opportunity.
[Sending postcards to "suspects" can bring you in very good prospects in some situations]

2: Not following-up with your prospects!
You've made no attempt to build a trusting relationship with your new prospects, yet you have the nerve to expect them to risk their hard-earned money with you as their sponsor. Sorry, but it doesn't work that way. Here's how you avoid this mistake – ask your upline for the series of follow-up letters they use to recruit people. Then ask them for the phone script they've been using. You can now create a good follow-up system that will get you the new downline partners you need.

3: Mailing more than one offer at a time to your prospect.
There's nothing worse than opening an envelope and finding four to six other little offers falling to the floor. How amateurish! This really annoys your prospect. Your mailing goes straight to the garbage. I know where you're getting this technique -- someone in mail-order told you to stuff your envelopes with as many related offers to maximize the usage of your 33-cent stamp. Only put one offer in your mailings! [A well written newsletter may offer more then one thing. However each should be very clear]

4: Refusing to spend money on training.
Shame, shame on you! Network Marketing is a real business like any other legitimate business. And in all legitimate businesses I know of, you must learn how to work the business the right way. Otherwise, you can't expect to make any money. Without proper training, you have no right expecting to make money. Always spend money on training material, books, courses, tapes, etc.

5: Being lazy.
One of the biggest problems I see with many would-be Networkers is their laziness. Just about all of us (and, yes, I must even include myself) are lazier than we ought to be. I don't care what they tell you – most people who enter the home-based business field would rather watch television than make a few follow-up phone calls. Not everyone is cut out to be in business for themselves. Did you see your reflection in the mirror when you read any of the above five big mistakes people make? I'm sure you did. These mistakes are easy to avoid. When you become successful at avoiding them, you will see your success improve.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Business Building Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: