Joined: 13 Dec 2006
Location: Cleveland, OH
|Posted: Dec Sun 17, 2006 2:14 pm Post subject: Goal Setting - Leaders Conference
|Goal Setting - Leaders Conference
These were our first two speakers at leadership training - both were so impressive . . . . .. Our first general session, goal setting was a topic of the speakers. I love listening to Doug Cloward. Years ago, he was a NSP staff member - he left and is a speaker now. (AND worth listening to. .
Barb Hribar, a retiring teacher of NSP schools of natural health and a divisional manager for NSP!!
HOW TO PROPERLY SET YOUR GOALS -
1. Determine what it takes to achieve your desired goals.
2. Create an action plan
3. Put your plan in writing
4. Make your Goals into a "Dream Map" (Visualization of your goals on a board or paper)
5. Adjust your activities as you notice what is taking you toward your goals and what is NOT taking you there.
A Possible obstacle to accomplishing goals is not using time wisely.
CONTINGENCY Plan: Make a list to follow EACH day & stick to it!
Doug stressed two principals -
#1. Look in the mirror "If it is to be done, it's up to me"! Don't blame the company, the marketing plan or the products—It's up to you!!!!
#2 Successful people have boundless PASSION for their business. Passion about the product, passion about the company, passion about the business!! Have "YOUR" plan. Put it on paper.
Carry it with you and review it often. A plan engaged with passion will operate the mechanism.
The first thing Barb said was "I'm glad you're here, you make it a wonderful world" (What an UP lady she is. . . . . .) She stressed "time blocking". A time for classes, a time for bookkeeping, etc.
Here are some of her quotes. . . . .
1. "The branches of the tree know better than to fight with each other"
2. "Most of your kindness to me is kindness to you, Do you mind?" (i.e., by being kind to others, they will be kind to you)
3. "You don't look attractive by looking needy"
4. "Empower OTHER people" (i.e., don't try to do it all yourself—help others to do . . . . . .. . . )
It's really hard to antiquity pass on the enthusiasm that you receive being there and listening to these successful people first hand!!!!!! Hope this gives you just a bit more to grow with.