Joined: 13 Dec 2006
Location: Cleveland, OH
|Posted: Dec Sun 17, 2006 2:07 pm Post subject: If You Are Not a Born Salesman
|If You Are Not a Born Salesman
The Top 10 Ways to Increase Production when You Are Not a Born Salesperson
1. Build your business on your personality.
People want to do business with people they like. Make yourself likeable. Become someone you would like to do business with.
2. Build your business on being of service to someone.
What is your contribution? Help make the client's life easier!
3. Realize that sales are the end result of a process which is based on service, not a means to an end.
4. Know that the sales process is not something you "do" to someone.
It is helping someone else obtain something they really want or need.
5. Visualize how you would like to be treated and treat others likewise –
never do anything you wouldn't have the other do.
6. Ask good questions
– leading questions – it's called caring about the client!
7. Confirm the work you have already completed for the client.
Verbalizing past performance helps remind the client that your relationship has already been established and that you have proven your value in the past.
8. In conversation, draw on common areas of interest that you and the client share.
People love to do business with people like themselves who they can identify with.
9. Get feedback from clients.
Embrace problems and address them immediately. Don't avoid dealing with them. Face them head-on. Likewise, positive feedback should immediately put up a green flag for you to ask for referrals.
10. Go the extra mile!
Once a service issue has been resolved, a follow-up call 2-4 weeks later creates good will and initiates contact for repeat business.
About the Submitter: Submitted by Carol Davis Nigro, who can be reached at email@example.com