Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index Nature's Sunshine Products NSP
For customer and distributor discussions of Nature's Sunshine Products. Not an official site of NSP.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Office Hours in my Home

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Business Building Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CombinedNSP
Site Admin

PostPosted: Dec Sun 17, 2006 1:36 pm    Post subject: Office Hours in my Home Reply with quote

Office Hours in my Home

Just curious how many of you have started out in your homes or perhaps still are? What are our limits. I've been really reasonable up to this point, but it seems to be getting a bit carried away. I had a lady call me the other night at midnight, seems she couldn't sleep and had a few herbal questions. I asked her to call back during the day when I was opened and she was a bit "miffed" with me for being so rude. PARDON ME!!!

She called back during the day. Next morning at six AM!!!!!!!!!! When I asked her to be considerate of my personal life and advised her I was available after 10:00 she stated that I was being rude and she probably would not call back.

Sorry to say, I was thinking, GOOD! I know that is terrible, and I will probably pay the price for that evil thought. I think she would be a problem customer the whole way down the road.

Well the other day she comes trotting in like nothing is wrong and nothing ever happened.
I'm suppose to be available on Sunday's I see as well. Guess I'm just looking for suggestions on what works. I guess I was too available in the beginning. I'm considering being open M, T, TH, F, and S. Taking Weds. for myself and Sunday for family. Perhaps 10 to 5 or 6??? -Lisa Canon
- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
I think it is very important to set office hours and stick to them. I take phone calls at odd hours for emergencies and desperate people. I publish our office hours in every customer newsletter that I send out. They are also posted in our home office. If you have an answering machine it is a good idea to let it take calls around your set hours. We have two answering machines one for home and one for the office, even though it's the same number. -Glenda Hadley
I have a cooler outside my front office door. One of my managers has a crock. Find some kind of a box or something in which you can leave products. Then they can be picked up at any time and a check left, or better yet have them charged out to the customer ahead of time.

You can answer questions over the phone at your convenience. The other thing is to use your answering machine. Don't answer the phone all the time. This is easier said than done! Set your priorities.

Best is to set hours. This did not work for me as my schedule flows around my kids schedule and this is forever changing. So I have a call ahead policy. It doesn't always work either, but if someone drives over and I'm either not there or too busy, they learn. I will give them all the time they need if it's scheduled. Then they feel special when it's their time. Respect is a two way street.
Some clients just don't work with some managers. I've had some of those and have moved them under someone else in my group that they can work with better. Keeps everyone happy—most of the time. Be healthy and happy. -Angelica Pattison
I have a lock bock (a small mail box) call it a lock box though so people won't leave checks in my mail box. People can leave their checks in it. I have a plastic box under this. People call and with their orders and come by get their herbs and leave their check in the box. Works great. -Tonja Wells
You are not being rude to set limits, you are doing her a favor. If you don't take care of yourself you won't have any energy left to help her with. This customer sounds like she expects you to cater to her every need. The most helpful thing you can do for her is to be really clear about when you are available. She may get upset about this, but it's important that you remain firm.

The most important thing is that you arrange your schedule in away that works for you, and to respect that. Let everyone know what your schedule is, and then stick to it. Whatever hours you choose, the issue is self respect and boundaries, and learning to set limits with people whose requests of you are unreasonable. -Mashubi Rochell
When I first started I didn't set any hours and I found that people were calling me at all hours and I was answering the phone. Sometimes staying on the phone until 10 PM.

After a while I decided that I needed to set limits with people and establish hours. At first I had a couple of people that continued to call at 9 or 10 PM so I just didn't answer the phone. (I have an answering machine and caller ID). When I did return the calls in the morning, I apologized and reminded them of my hours. Eventually they got the hint and started calling at reasonable hours.
I have maintained the following hours: Monday - Friday 9 - 5 and Saturday 10 - 2 and other hours by appointment. Occasionally I do meet with people in the evening, but I do not do it on a regular basis. I have found that this works well and has for several years. -Nedra Denison
I'm not putting anyone down by saying this - Just wanting to let you know what I do. My shoppe hours are from 10-5 daily. I'm not here at all on the weekends. I tell all my people they are more than welcome to call me anytime, because I realize that people work 9-5 Monday - Friday. If I am eating or busy doing something else I let the machine catch it and I do call them back as soon as I am through. I haven't had that many people bother me late, but I would rather them call me anytime than not at all. Personally I need the business and I feel that they need the help or they would not call me. -Martha
I tried all kind of different hours over the last 19 years of being in NSP. (25 years of direct sales). What has worked well with my family and business has been hours of 9 am – Noon. It is understood if I am available I answer afternoons and weekends or I do return calls when available. This gives me afternoons for family things, business errands, and consultations. I have a telephone company feature called "Do Not Disturb" that I really like. You can set it to suit your needs. I have it so calls are referred to my voice mail between 6 PM and 8 AM. If someone MUST reach you, there is an emergency button they can push and leave their name – The feature calls you and asks if you want to accept a call from Xxxxxx. If you don't, they get that you are not available and can leave a message. Family and/or friends can be given a code to ring through at anytime. People can leave messages 24 hours a day and the phone does NOT ring at night. I LOVE IT & my customers love it too! Our phone doesn't even ring at night unless it's one of our family OR a real emergency. People do not abuse it and find a way to call during daytime hours. -Georgiana Duncan
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Business Building Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: