Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index Nature's Sunshine Products NSP
For customer and distributor discussions of Nature's Sunshine Products. Not an official site of NSP.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Stomach -Ache After Taking Vitamins

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CombinedNSP
Site Admin

PostPosted: Dec Thu 14, 2006 4:19 pm    Post subject: Stomach -Ache After Taking Vitamins Reply with quote

Stomach -Ache After Taking Vitamins

I have a client who developed severe stomach aches and cramping after being on Super Supp. for a couple of weeks. She had been taking the whole 90 day challenge, and the pains didn't occur until after being full throttle on the program (like 6 weeks into it). She stopped taking the vitamins, but remained on the rest of the program with no problems. Any ideas as to what may be causing this? Thanks. -Andrew
- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The only possible thing I can think of is that possibly she became constipated from the vitamins -- altho I would of thought that the fiber would be the thing that would constipate her.

Have you questioned her about her bowel habits? She may need to build up gradually and possibly even take enemas. Is she taking a bowel stimulant along with the fiber? -G.
I immediately thought of the fiber causing constipation and thus the cramping, etc. However, she was taking the liquid cleanse with the fiber and probiotics first thing in the morning. And she says she hardly drinks anything that isn't water. The only thing I haven't asked her is if she takes each vitamin with food. Don't know if that would play a role in this, but you never know. -Andrew
I haven't found the Liquid Cleanse to be very stimulating for someone who may be slightly clogged. I don't like to start new people with either Tiao Cleanse or Liquid Cleanse because some people tend to get gassy on them. They can stir things up and not have enough oomph to push it out.

Find out if she has had a hysterectomy -- Women who have had anything removed tend to have a slight prolapse in the transverse colon. If this is the case, she may need more psyllium and stimulation, but would have to start slowly. Very little to start and building up.

I'd tend to still put money on the bowels as being the source of the discomfort. But, yes Andrew, that's another thought, she may need to take her multi along with her meals. Definitely ask her about that. -G
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: