Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index Nature's Sunshine Products NSP
For customer and distributor discussions of Nature's Sunshine Products. Not an official site of NSP.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Acidosis

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CombinedNSP
Site Admin

PostPosted: Dec Sun 17, 2006 11:12 am    Post subject: Acidosis Reply with quote

Acidosis

Q: I need help in finding materials about using herbs to overcome acidosis in the body. I have read short articles but cannot find a good book. I know about the diet but it is not working on one particular person. We need more help. -Drew
- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
There is a good book by Ted Morter called "Your Health Your Choice." however he doesn't specifically deal with herbs but rather with diet and the effects of acid/alkaline imbalance. I have found that the most helpful herbal programs include one of the green drinks such as GreenZone as well as Alfalfa, Spirulina, Super Algae. These are very alkaline forming. Supplementation is important with acidosis as is being sure that the person is digesting properly. Proactazyme or PDA to digest proteins is important.

When my client's do not improve with these measures I look to their levels of stress. Remember stress is the #1 acid producer in the body. Emotional stress, physical stress and the stress from negative thoughts. I think it is time to question your client thoroughly about her life situation. Also check the adrenals. Note her attitude, putting her on nervine herbs such as Chamomile, Hops, Valerian, Passion Flower and lots of B-Vitamins may be the answer to changing the acid levels. I have found this to be the case in the past. Also get the client to work on mental attitude by using meditation, yoga classes or whatever. -Gail Pfaff
============
Editorial Note: Do check the posts: Alkaline/Acid Balance Articles and one on Alkaline/Acid Food List. There's considerably more information there.============
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: