Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index Nature's Sunshine Products NSP
For customer and distributor discussions of Nature's Sunshine Products. Not an official site of NSP.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Adrenal Problems

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CombinedNSP
Site Admin

PostPosted: Dec Sun 17, 2006 10:59 am    Post subject: Adrenal Problems Reply with quote

Adrenal Problems

What would help stressed out adrenals? This person is very tired and has low blood pressure and did pass out a while back and was out for over two hours. -Maxine Perrin
- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
I have been told to use Licorice for adrenal support & it has seemed to help. -Naomi
Have they been diagnosed by a doctor? If so Licorice Root, Vitamin B, and a building diet will help. No stimulants. -Suzanne
I had the same problem I didn't pass out but was having major problems. I used Licorice Root, Target Endurance and Nervous Fatigue Formula. -LeRae
Adrenal herbs: American Ginseng, Siberian Ginseng, Black Currant, Licorice, borage. Also, Vitamin B5 (aka pantothenic acid) and Vitamin C. Explore homeopathic remedies too. -MS
Q: Does anyone know about how to detect for an overactive adrenal gland? My husband has been having what he calls "nerves" especially at 4am, usually continuing through 10am, sometimes lasting all day. He's usually thinking about work projects and even the slightest amount of stress sets this off. It sounds hormonal to me, but I haven't a clue where to begin. Thanks for your responses. -Chris
Start with Nervous Fatigue Formula and put Lavender oil on his feet at night. -LeRae
Here are some indications of hyperadrenal and hypoadrenal that were given to me some time ago.

HYPERADRENAL
Dizziness (hypotension)
Headaches
Hot flashes
Increased blood pressure
Hair growth on face or body
Sugar in urine, if diabetes is ruled out
Masculine tendencies if female

HYPOADRENAL
Weakness, dizziness
Chronic fatigue
Low blood pressure
Nails weak, ridged
Tendency to hives
Arthritic tendencies
Perspiration increase
Bowel disorders
Circulation poor
Swollen ankles
Crave salt
Brown spots
Allergies
Tendency to asthma
Weakness after colds, flu
Exhaustion, muscular and nervous
Respiratory disorders
-Judy Vedder
In addition to the other response, I would try Stress Relief (STR-C). It is a Chinese formula for stress of THE MIND. Overactive thoughts. I don't think it's a case of overactive Adrenals, but excessive stress to them. This type of stress will exhaust the adrenals, which are the back up system for many other body functions (like the heart). It is important to get this stress under control NOW. Avoid stimulants like caffeine, too. -Nancy
He may have something on his mind that is very serous that is bothering him. He may be trying to solve a problem all by himself. He may want to share or reach out but is unable. If he will go for walks or bike riding. Some kind of exercise can be a release for this negative energy he is carrying. Try Nutri-Calm and Cal-Mag. Extra magnesium would be good too. and cut back on caffeine and sugar. No eating before bed. -Teresa McIntyre
Have him go see an endocrinologist and get a blood test for adrenal hormones. I think it's called a cortisol test. -MS
Q: Does anyone have any ideas on how to deal with adrenal exhaustion? Are there any tests that can confirm the problem. -Randee
NSP has many great products for adrenal exhaustion. You need to find someone in your area that does QFA testing. I find this a great tool to detect adrenal exhaustion along with iridology and a consultation. Every other person that walks through the door at my office has this problem from mild to full blown. -Laura Qualiana
There is a way to check for adrenal exhaustion. It is a simple blood pressure check. I have had this done and explained to me by a nutritionist's nurse. First, check the blood pressure lying down. Wait about two minutes, then pump the cuff up again. Get up from the lying position to a standing position as quickly as possible and begin to check the pressure. It MUST BE checked within six seconds after standing. If the top number is greatly reduced from the first pressure reader when lying down, the adrenals are WEAK. Hope this helps. -Barb
Adrenal Support - These are of course the stress glands. B Complex and Vitamin C are food for the adrenals. A herb that is rebuilding and stimulating to the adrenals is Licorice Root. I have had excellent results with Licorice. Others are Kidney Adrenal Support, HY-A, Pancreas Adrenal Formula and HY-C will balance the glands. GreenZone, Pantothenic Acid and Chromium are also helpers for the adrenals. Choose from this what sounds appropriate for you, however, I believe it's important to include B-Complex and Vitamin C and fairly large amounts with whatever else you take. -Mike Zavitz
I have had personal experience with this as well as helping clients with the same question. My personal herb of choice that worked for me and still does when I need it is SUMA. I have done a lot of muscle testing in this area. If there is an energy drop in the afternoon after meals I highly recommend HY-A which helps the adrenals and the pancreas. I have seen people want Spirulina and I have also seen people want Siberian Ginseng. Those are the four supplements I see wanted in most people. As stated, Vitamin C. Pantothenic Acid with the balanced B has helped me at times, especially after dental work and have had to have Novocain which has a tendency to wipe me out. -Virginia
Q: I have a client who recently had a blood test on her adrenal glands, female, overweight, healthy except for obesity and low adrenal glands. I know B complex with Pantothenic Acid, Licorice Root, Chromium GTF are a good start. What else would you recommend. The extra weight seems to be apple shaped on her body so I realize insulin problems may be a factor with all these diets, blood type, low carbohydrate, medium carbohydrate, high carb, low fat. Ii would like to have other opinions is excess weight around the waist, a problem with pancreas and the liver. I want to pass along what herbs, which diet would be best suited, herbs for pancreas, liver. Sincerely. -Teressa Wagers
Teressa, Adrenal glands are your anti stress glands. Be nice to them by not giving them caffeine to stress and wear them out. Avoid caffeine, sugars, chocolates, artificial stimulants whether natural or prescription. The nutrition you listed is great. Might also look into Mood Elevator, Chinese formula or HY-A, Spirulina, B, Niacin. As for weight around the middle - number of possibilities. Do you muscle test? Would advise it so you know just what nutrition she does need and why her body has these problems. If no muscle testing, cleanse the colon. Colon can hold lbs of waste matter, depending on persons size. Also remember, hearing in one of my classes about women being iron deficient, poor blood quality and their bodies tend to hold weight in this area. The blood quality is poor so the body will hold onto fluids, waters to try to make up for nutritional deficiencies within the blood. Build the blood and the body will let go of these fluids. Try Liquid Chlorophyll - works great to get blood count up. Also look into Chickweed HSN-W, minerals also detoxing the blood will help. Advise a colon cleanser with a blood purifier such as BP-X, Red Clover. Good luck to you and your friend. -Stacey Brown
Q: I am in need of some help on a good write up on the Adrenals and what is good for them? -Merry
- - - - - - - - - - - -
What is good for them depends on what is wrong with them. Are they overactive, under-active, stressed, etc. There are some good general remedies for the adrenals, which include Licorice Root, Vitamin C and some formulas like HS-C, but these are generally used for under-active adrenals. You can also have overactive adrenals which are generally treated with adaptogens like Siberian Ginseng. -Steven Horne
Q: Do any of you have any info on the adrenal glands and emotional health? I know that they play a part in blood sugar levels and of course with the nervous system, and hormones. -LeRae McBroom
- - - - - - - - - - - -
The adrenals are the glands of adaptation. They respond to both stress and fear. Strong adrenals allow someone to handle stressful situations calmly. Poor adrenal function raises anxiety levels and makes us more fearful and worried about life. The adrenals are associated energetically with the solar plexus (our center of gravity) and hence help us to remain centered. Failing to listen to our "gut reaction" and suppressing our emotions (especially anger) will stress the solar plexus and not only weaken the adrenals, but create a hiatal hernia type condition as well (so we can no longer "digest" life). Healthy adrenals keep us calm, centered, emotionally stable and able to respond well in stressful situations. Weak adrenals make us timid, fearful, filled with worry, rigid, inflexible and contribute to states of anxiety. I have more, but it gets more esoteric. This is a very practical answer. -Steven Horne
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: