Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index Nature's Sunshine Products NSP
For customer and distributor discussions of Nature's Sunshine Products. Not an official site of NSP.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ALS - Lou Gehrig's Disease

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CombinedNSP
Site Admin

PostPosted: Dec Sun 17, 2006 10:49 am    Post subject: ALS - Lou Gehrig's Disease Reply with quote

ALS - Lou Gehrig's Disease

I have only researched, never had any actual experience. Here is what I have found:
1. No wheat or gluten. Check for other allergies and follow a blood type specific diet
2. Work with supplements that are generally used for MS
3. Check for parasites
4. Use rotation method of various anti viral herbs
5. Use supplements that balance the Immune system like Colostrum or Astragalus.
6. Support muscle health. Damiana is known to stimulate muscles.

I realize this is brief, it would take all day to get into detail on these points, I list this as a place for you to start your research. -Shay Johnson
- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
In addition to IGF-1 and IF-C, I would add the Noni and possibly the Adrenal Support and EFA's. -Kimberly Balas
I had a friend who had this. At the time I wasn't very knowledgeable in herbs, but I do know that she would take Cascara because her bowels would not move on their own. Even when she had a stomach tube she had them put it in with her food thru the tube. -Gwen Wildes
S.O.D. is very helpful to people with ALS. -Sharon Grimes
At an AHG conference, Alan Tillotson said that he found Lou Gehrig's is very similar to MS and the therapy protocols are similar. However, he said that in Lou Gehrig's you have high levels of iron deposited in the nerve tissue. Iron draws oxygen which causes severe oxidative damage. Getting this iron out of the tissues and then following a protocol similar to what you'd do for MS is the approach I would take. -Steven H. Horne
I've read somewhere that Damiana and Cat's Claw are very good for this disease. -Janet
ALS (Lou Gehrig's Disease) is very confusing! The link below will take you to the page where the ALS people have a newsletter posted. Just passing through the headlines is scary, but they never give up hope. The latest research is indexed there as well as findings on studies with mice that have the same defect. They talk about different supplements that are or are not proven to help in all or some cases. Gather up your courage and read all you can--you are the one who has to do all the looking and learning. We have a daughter with a different genetic disease and all the research is ours--no one hands it to us, we have to hunt and search. This page, the link below, will get you the most information the quickest and link you to other places besides! Hope you feel better soon!
http://als.mdausa.org/
http://www.alsa.org/
-Marilyn Navarro
===============
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: