Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index Nature's Sunshine Products NSP
For customer and distributor discussions of Nature's Sunshine Products. Not an official site of NSP.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Baby - Cradle Cap

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CombinedNSP
Site Admin

PostPosted: Dec Sat 16, 2006 11:07 pm    Post subject: Baby - Cradle Cap Reply with quote

Baby - Cradle Cap

My son is just beginning to develop cradle cap? Does anyone know what is the best way to treat it? Thank you. -I. Smith
- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Try using good quality salad oil to clean it off. It's ok to scrub with your fingers. Most, not all cradle cap is the oil glands. Learning how to make oil and making grease instead. My daughter had it bad until I cleaned it all off with salad oil. The result was a clean scalp and it never repeated.

Also, I read one pediatrician who stated you can just dig in with your fingernails and scrape it off! But I think it could be just too easy to scrape the scalp that way. Try soaking the head in a little olive oil, then wash off with diluted Sunshine Concentrate. Since cradle cap is basically made of oil, the olive oil should soften it up, and the Sunshine Concentrate, just a few drops in a cup of water, should easily remove it. It may "come back" a time or two--but when the oil and sweat glands have matured enough it should stay away. -Marilyn N.
When my two children had it the doctor recommended a vegetable brush. It worked great. Just scrub their head good with it while shampooing. Use it every time you shampoo his head and you shouldn't have a problem. Wash his hair at least every few days. -Tonya
Is the baby breast fed or formula? If formula, he/she may need Black Currant Oil internally. Just squeeze the capsule in the mouth. Can also apply it externally. I would also give the baby Milk Free Acidophilus Capsules daily by inserting rectally as a suppository. -Georgiana
A nutritionist who sells NSP recommended the Herbal Trim Skin Treatment. It worked wonderfully! I applied it a couple of times a day (and also scraped whatever would come loose with my fingernails...very gently). It took about a week...and it has not come back! I hope this helps your little one. God bless. -I. Smith
I have 2 kids that have recurrent cradle cap and they are 7 and 3. Tea Tree Oil in olive oil helped a lot. Used over 3 or 4 nights. But I read that the olive oil is the active component... -Leila North
Can put Bifidophilus in a little warm water and dab that water all over the head. Alternate with Colloidal Silver (dab with cotton). Also give, 1/2 a tsp of Colloidal Silver once a day. 1/2 a capsule of Bifidophilus 2x a day (morn/eve) would be fine.

Can the mom have you see the baby? Can you muscle test the baby to see if it really needs enzymes? If so the MRT point for digestive enzymes is on the right side of the stomach/solar plexus point. The MRT point for hydrochloric acid is on the left side of the stomach point. If she does test off on enzymes proactazyme is fine to use...put in formula. If HCl acid is the problem make a mixture of raw apple cider vinegar and water and give 1/2 tsp (use a dropper, easier) to baby right after completes milk. -Lourdes Martine
I personally would use L-Reuteri and Papaya Mints mashed with the back of a spoon and mixed with pure water from a dropper. -Julie Phillips
You are on the right track to be using oils topically to break this up. You could even use a high quality grape seed oil or jojoba oil. Cradle cap is a liver/allergy issue also. Catnip & Fennel liquid acts as a digestive enzyme while also supporting the liver. Dosage depends on baby's weight. You can use acidophilous with a child this age if you feel it is warranted (although cradle cap in and of itself does not indicate the need for probiotics). Again, depending on baby's weight you can use up to 20 billion cells, in divided doses, per day. -Judith Cobb
Q: A client has a 8 year daughter that has had "cradle cap" for the past year. Anyone have experience in eliminating this condition? Is it like an eczema or more like a fungus? Thanks. -Jane Plescher
It is usually a candida issue. Wash with a mild Tea Tree Oil and water mixture. Add some Bifidophilus and Colloidal Silver to mom if breast feeding. Also EFA's. If not breast feeding then add to baby's mixture and check that as a source of the candida. -Kimberly Balas
My experience has been that cradle cap is a liver issue. I have had great success by working internally supporting the liver, and working topically by applying good quality oil to the affected areas, leaving it for a few hours, then gently combing it out. -Judith Cobb
I have suffered with candida/food allergies for years from having taken tetracyline for acne. I didn't take it seriously when my colonic hygienist told me to make sure my body was really "CLEAN" if I ever planned to get pregnant. Now, I know the importance. Unfortunately, my son has severe baby acne and had cradle cap. I lightly massaged extra virgin olive oil after every bath and then brushed it lightly. Most of it left in about a week or two. He still has a little, but it's not nearly as bad as it was. Also, if your child has baby acne or cradle cap, there is a strong possibility that he/she is sensitive to CITRIC ACID. Please be careful!!!! It is found in most gripe waters and gas drops. When I stopped using them, his baby acne got a lot better. Also, I'm giving him acidophilus for kids and that's also helping. By the way, he's only 4 months old. Hope this helps!!!! I think I transmitted the candida to him, unknowingly, via the birth process. -Spel
Q: I am looking in my file cabinet and can't find anything for cradle cap. Little boy about 7 has bouts of it. I know there is something but can't think of it. Thanks John
How about Jojoba oil topically? -Laura
I always used Tea Tree Oil in olive oil. Mix it up and rub it in good to the scalp. Let it sit for about 10 minutes or so and then use a fine toothed comb to comb it all out. You'll have to shampoo good after that, but it works really well. -Kelly
This is usually caused by an essential fatty acid deficiency. Try adding Super GLA to the diet. -Sharon Grimes
Q: I have an infant, age 6 months, with mild cradle cap and am instructing mom to rub the head and behind the ears with Vitamin E oil, massaging gently for about 5 minutes, followed by gently brushing the scalp with a soft toothbrush or baby brush, then shampooing with a gentle shampoo containing aloe vera. I want to work internally also; however, I am not sure of the protocol for the probiotics for this age. Would 1/2 capsule of the NSP Bifidophilus in the baby's formula be appropriate for this age? Also, what about digestive enzymes at this age--Are any of the digestive enzymes, at a lesser dose safe? Any suggestions and advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance! -R. L. King
- - - - - - - - - -
Can also put Bifidophilus in a little warm water and dab that water all over the head. Alternate with colloidal silver (dab with cotton). Also give, 1/2 a tsp of colloidal silver once a day.

1/2 a capsule of Bifidophilus 2x a day (morn/eve) would be fine.

Can the mom have you see the baby? Can you muscle test the baby to see if it really needs enzymes? If so the MRT point for digestive enzymes is on the right side of the stomach/solar plexus point. The MRT point for hydrochloric acid is on the left side of the stomach point. If she does test off on enzymes Proactazyme is fine to use...put in formula. If HCl acid is the problem make a mixture of raw apple cider vinegar and water and give 1/2 tsp (use a dropper, easier) to baby right after completes milk.

My youngest daughter I found out by testing her tested low on HCl (her adrenals were off)...

You can be the surrogate when MT and the mom can press on your arm. Best wishes... -Lourdes Martinez
- - - - - - - - - -
I personally would use L-Reuteri and Papaya Mints mashed with the back of a spoon and mixed with pure water from a dropper. -Julie Phillips
- - - - - - - - - -
You are on the right track to be using oils topically to break this up. You could even use a high quality Grapeseed Oil or Jojoba Oil. Cradle cap is a liver/allergy issue also. Catnip & Fennel liquid acts as a digestive enzyme while also supporting the liver. Dosage depends on baby's weight. You can use Acidophilous with a child this age if you feel it is warranted (although cradle cap in and of itself does not indicate the need for probiotics). Again, depending on baby's weight you can use up to 20 billion cells, in divided doses, per day. -Judith Cobb
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: