Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index Nature's Sunshine Products NSP
For customer and distributor discussions of Nature's Sunshine Products. Not an official site of NSP.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bladder - Overactive

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CombinedNSP
Site Admin

PostPosted: Dec Sat 16, 2006 9:26 pm    Post subject: Bladder - Overactive Reply with quote

Bladder - Overactive

I was diagnosed with a spastic/overactive bladder. I get urgency and severe frequency. I have been on Urinary Maintenance for 7 months, taking it faithfully. Lately I have noticed its not working as well. It was suggested to me to use the Cranberry Buchu Concentrate along with the Urinary Main, which I am going to do. I was just wondering if anyone knows of anything else that would be helpful for my bladder problem and kidneys too? Thanks
- - - - - - - - - -
Ginseng is a great tonic herb that tones and strengthens the glands and in turn the bladder. Use the White American form. If CBC does not do the job try Kidney Activator. Now don't laugh or take this personally but I have a client with a little female dog that had accidents and was red and inflamed from licking her vulva. Dogs will do this when they are leaking urine. Female dogs also suffer from overactive bladder and incontinence in older age. Two months on Kidney Activator and she has no more problems. It has been two years now and still the Vet is wondering why the dog no longer has this problem with out the use of medication.. Hope this helps. -Suzanne
- - - - - - - - - -
Q: Looking for suggestions for over active bladder. It seems I have alot of women coming to my office with this condition and there are in the later part of perimenopause and also in menopause. I know there are also some exercises for this. Thanks for all of your help. Merry Miller
- - - - - - - - - -
Uva Ursi, Enviro Detox and VS-C I have used this before. You may add master Gland. Exercise -- Leg raises and incline board may help. -S. Mitchell
- - - - - - - - - -
You might want to consider Urinary Maintenance, it is a great formula to help build. Or as the Indians used Cornsilk. I prefer the first to help. Good luck and yes exercise would be great. -mspatty
- - - - - - - - - -
Read the page at www.patblocknd.com/stomach.htm for abdominal massage routine to help this area. The part for lower ab organs is at the bottom of the page. :-) -Desiree
- - - - - - - - - -
Q: Is there any herb, vitamin that helps strengthen the muscles of the bladder to help with control? I am and have been having problems for some time. I do not want to go on medication because of the side effects. -Leslie Lehmann
- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Always have to ask what your diet is like? Understand that no matter what program you begin it won't do much good if you don't keep the diet as healthy as possible. With any kind of urinary problem stay away from caffeine, no coffee, no tea, no soda, etc. Cranberry juice is great. No cranberry cocktails with refined sugars. Lemon and water is great. Give the kidney and bladder some good fluids to keep them detoxed and to help strengthen the tissues. Watch red meat consumption, causes uric acid build up in kidneys. Also watch sweets and sugars. Still leaves plenty to eat and drink. Just have to put a little more effort into the choices that you make each day. As for herbs or supplements - to help tone the urinary tract I would have to say definitely give Uva Ursi a try along with Cornsilk. Both of these herbs are miracle workers with the urinary system. I have used them myself with great results. I use to suffer from chronic kidney infections and had very weak bladder. Nothing helped until I eliminated teas and sodas from my diet. Even then though I felt an improvement already I still had problems with leaking dribbling and a combination of Uva Ursi, Cornsilk and gravel root worked wonders. My dosage will be different from yours for we are all different but just to start with I used liquids of these herbs. Capsule wise I would muscle test for the amount, if you can. Help things along with lots of pure clean water each day - person should drink half of their body weight in ounces of water each day, not the standard recommended 8 oz glasses cause all people are different sizes with different circumstances. Good luck to you would love to hear of your success. It will happen if you are faithful to your improvement program. -Stacey Brown
Q: Does anyone out there have an answer for a leaky bladder/ Thanks. -Regina Woods
Try cutting back on red meat and hard to digest proteins. I found my leaky bladder is worse when I consume alcohol and when I eat fried foods and a lot of red meat. A lot depends on if the person has had children and how many children they had. Sometimes then opening of the urethra becomes enlarged from childbearing. One answer is the Kegel exercises that they tell everyone to do. I saw on a TV show that they are now doing surgery on the urethra opening to help this when it is a severe problem for women who had lots of children and enlarged the opening quite a bit good luck. -Sue B
Reflexology - bladder reflex has also been known to help. -Jane
My mother had this with pain as well in the back we found that the hip and pelvic were displaced. she went to a massage therapist in the area who performed a corrective technique and this helped the problem. -Virgina
I have several clients that have been helped with Urinary Maintenance (URY), Cornsilk. -Lindy
- - - - - - - - - -
I have a client who urinates more then she would like. It has gone on for years since the birth of first child. She gets teased when out with friends and she always worries where a bathroom is located. She is going on a trip with some friends and is worried about this. Some days are good. On those days everything is normal. No major health issues. She is thinking of getting a prescription for this if she cannot find an alternative......Please let me know your thoughts. -Teresa McIntyre
- - - - - - - - - -
Does she drink enough water? Often people think if they drink less, they will urinate less. . . . not the case. IF she will start drinking water all day long . . . . (approx 1/2 oz per # of body weight) . . .sipping throughout the day, not in large amounts, she will find after a period of time, she will be able to go longer in-between urinating.

She may want to take Kidney drainage or another UT supplement to build her system. Something else that may help is to lay on a slant board and massage the bladder upward. Strengthening the abs often helps. -Georgiana
- - - - - - - - - -
Yes, she carries a water bottle everywhere with her. She uses ult green. She has used Kidney Activator, parsley, liquid Chlorophyll, Minerals, Flax oil. She has tried KB-C too. She has changed her diet. It just does not change. She works out at a fitness club too. She is not over-weight. She is 47. She is educated with NSP. Kidney drainage. Maybe that will help. -Teresa Mc
- - - - - - - - - -
Ok . . the 2 UT products I have found that help me are Kidney Drainage and JP-X. I have to alternate them as they do differently. You also have to make sure she takes ENOUGH of what she takes. ie, of JP-X, it may take 6 at a time. Just as an example.

The other thing is that working out at a fitness club isn't going to necessarily insure that her bladder hasn't fallen. I wish I had known the importance of keeping my uterus and slant board exercises (which they do NOT have you do at a fitness club) My Uterus fell and then when it was removed, my bladder fell on it's side which will mean that it doesn't hold as much. It certainly wouldn't hurt to have her add slant board exercises to her program. -Georgiana
- - - - - - - - - -
I have had a weak bladder all my life and what has worked for me is Horsetail, Cornsilk and Magnesium. I take 5 Horsetail three times a day with my meals and then midway in between I take 3 Cornsilk. I take Magnesium twice a day. It has made a huge difference for me. I use JP-x on the rare occasion I have a flare up. For me, too much acid in my diet aggravates it, so limiting citrus and fruit juices and definitely no sodas. -Robin Sockness
- - - - - - - - - -
Sometimes the bladder muscles are tight from a lack of magnesium. Magnesium helps the bladder muscle to expand and hold more so a person doesn't have to "go" so often. It really helps on long trips. -Jeanette Barcus
Q: The doctor said I have either institial cystitis or overactive bladder. I have tried URY, Cornsilk, and Cranberry Buchu without much relief. I have the urge to urinate all the time. Is there anything else I can try. -Deb Burris
You been seeing an MD. If you have you should find a urologist. He should be able to tell from a urine sample if you have a bladder infection. If this is the case the herbs that you have been taking should help. Drink plenty of water. You will benefit by substituting half of that liquid with cranberry juice not cocktail. -Russ
How long have you taken these herbs? If you have tried them for a period of time and no help, then try K-C and Acidophilus.Muscle test to find out how many. Large doses of Vitamin C is also helpful. Drink only pure water. -Mike Zavitz
Hi Deb, My doctor said my bladder was laying sideways and that surgery was the only thing that would help. . . so much for his opinion I did increase my water consumption. You should be drinking 1/2 oz per pound of your body weight. i.e., if you weigh 150#, you should drink 75 ozs of water daily. I would measure it into a polycarbonite bottle daily and make sure you drink it by the end of the day. At first you may be peeing constantly. . . but as your body gets used to it, you will start spacing your times out.

I also needed KB-C. I really didn't think I needed that one, I thought K-C was the one I needed. . .I was wrong. I read a message on the Email forum about KB-C and decided to try it. You take 3, 3 times a day. It takes about a bottle or two and then you will see the improvement. It wasn't a coincidence either. I ran out of KB-C and reverted to my prior problem. Started back on it with the same improvement.

You must drink your water though to keep your body, kidneys and bladder healthy.

Another thing that may help (if your bladder is laying down) is to lay on a slant board and try to strengthen your lower abs. Massage your abdomen to encourage your bladder to lay right.

I know this is late, but hope it is helpful to you. -Georgiana
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: