Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index Nature's Sunshine Products NSP
For customer and distributor discussions of Nature's Sunshine Products. Not an official site of NSP.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

E.O. - Bath Salt Recipes

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CombinedNSP
Site Admin

PostPosted: Dec Sat 16, 2006 11:11 am    Post subject: E.O. - Bath Salt Recipes Reply with quote

E.O. - Bath Salt Recipes

Rose Bath Salts Recipe

Reviving Rose Bath Salts 1/4 ounce dried rose petals mortar and pestle or electric coffee grinder 1 lb coarse sea salts 10 drops rose or Geranium Oil 5 drops Lavender Oil 5 drops Bergamot Oil 1 lb glass jar with close fitting lid Grind all but a handful of rose petals. Mix the petals into the salt and add all the EO, stirring thoroughly. Spoon into the decorative jar, adding a decorative layer of rose petals halfway up the jar. Put the lid on firmly. The above recipe is from: Bath and Body Book written by Stephaine Donaldson -Chet Day
- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
I'll be making some Bath Salts to take to the Market with me this weekend. I like to use singles such as Geranium. You add 4 to 8 drops of your oil to 1 cup of Epsom Salts. I put them in a pretty bottle and tie a label on with raffia. Here's some blends for baths in Carl Robinson's book:

Stimulating: Bergamot 2 parts, Pine 1 part, Rosemary 2 parts

Cleansing: Lemon 3 parts, Geranium 1 part, Pine 1 part

another stimulating: Ylang Ylang 1 part, Bergamot 2 parts

Refreshing: Pine 2 parts, Rosemary 1 part

Laid Back: Lavender 3 parts, Rose 1 part

Cleansing Lemon 3 parts, Geranium 1 part, Pine 1 part

Cleansing: Pine 1 part, Lemon 1 part

Cleansing: Geranium 1 part, Sandalwood 1 part

The only thing I can think of offhand safe to color with would be beet juice. I would opt for a pretty colored bottle. -Chottsie
- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Uplifting Bath: (After a day in the sun and surf) 5 drops each of: Rose Bulgaria, Geranium & Bergamot. Fill tub with very warm, not hot water, then add essential oils. Disperse with hand immediately before getting into the tub to prevent the oils from puddling.

Bath Salts: (for after a day of weeding!) 1/2 cup - 1 cup Epsom salt or Dead Sea salt and 5 drops of your favorite essential oil. Place salt into a sealable glass jar, add essential oils and stir. Close tightly and let sit for 2-3 days for salts to absorb oil. Add to 1/4 cup to each bathtub full of water. Salt is a wonderful healing medium. It promotes relaxation and is food for muscles and joints. -Georgiana Duncan
- - - - - - - - - -
I'm wanting some recipes for essential oils and bath salts for a Home Spa Party I am planning. I don't care for the one included in the How to book, does anyone out there have some other recipes? Thanks -Christina
- - - - - - - - - -
I used to make bath salts as Christmas presents. I would simply put about a tablespoon of vegetable glycerin to 1-2 cups Epsom Salt (depending on how gooey you like it) and a liberal dose of whatever essential oils I had on hand. A favorite was Clary Sage. -Reba
- - - - - - - - - -
There are 2 NSP-related aromatherapy recipe booklets that I like that have lots of recipes, including bath salts, bubble baths, shower gels, moisturizers, etc. "Is Your Home Safe?) and the other is "The Aromatherapy Recipes Guide"). Visit: www.herballure.com -Laura Clement
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: