Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index Nature's Sunshine Products NSP
For customer and distributor discussions of Nature's Sunshine Products. Not an official site of NSP.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Thrush

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CombinedNSP
Site Admin

PostPosted: Dec Thu 14, 2006 1:57 pm    Post subject: Thrush Reply with quote

Thrush

I have a friend's grandmother with thrush, taking Nystatin. She has a diagnosed case of candida too. Is Colloidal Silver a good substitute for the Nystatin and what exactly is Nystatin? From what I've looked up, it seems pretty harmless (as far as drugs are concerned). She's 86 and isn't going to monkey around with high amounts of additional herbs. She's now taking a goodly amount, but nothing for thrush or candida. -Annie
- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Thrush is candida. She has probably been on antibiotics which is almost always the cause. Antibiotics should always be followed by probiotics like Probiotic Eleven. Decreased immunity is also sometimes a factor. She certainly needs Probiotic Eleven and Yeast/Fungal Detox. -Duane

She also needs to change her diet -
no foods that feed fungus -
wheat, dairy, sugar, vinegar, mushrooms, etc --Kasara
Q: Daughter-in-law is breast feeding and baby has thrush. Doctor gave medicine for baby but not to mom. Seems mom needs something also. What do you suggest?

Colloidal Silver worked for my baby and me. I would give 1/4 tsp of Colloidal Silver to my infant 2x per day and I would rub some on my nipple and take 1 tsp per day.

I also took Bifidophilus. 2 at bed time.

The thrush was gone in 8 days. It never returned. Hope this is helpful. -Lourdes Martinez
Q: What do you use for thrush on a new born?
That's easy. Open a capsule of Bifidophilus Flora Force and put about 1/4 on his tongue. Nurse right after to get it down the hatch. Treat mom also, that's where he got it. Do this 4 times a day until gone. -Cindy Rowe
Q: My 19 year old son has been diagnosed with thrush, the doc feels it was from little rest and poor nutrition. What are the best foods to eat to stop the thrush yet prevent another infection from occurring. He feels miserable.
I believe this is yeast overgrowth and I would give my baby L-Reuteri mashed with the back of a spoon and mixed in a dropper bottle with pure water or mixed in with baby food. If he were nursing, I'd take Probiotic Eleven and L-Reuteri myself also to pass some through the breast milk (L-Reuteri is a kind that passes this way).

Antibiotics kill the bad and good bacteria both, so replenishing is important not only for keeping the bad guys under control, but also important for the immune system, digestion, absorbing nutrients like some of the B vitamins, and health of the intestines.

I've been taught that if we have plentiful friendly bacteria in our bodies, they wouldn't get overrun with yeast. While I was putting it under control, I'd lay off sweets, carbs, and milk - all food for the yeast.

I'd also consider Proactazyme Plus, which contains cellulase, which breaks down the cellulose coating the yeast can hide in.

On going, I'd have my child and myself take friendly bacteria (probiotics) as a preventive. L-Reuteri is acclaimed for helping with diarrhea and constipation as well. A healthy adult averages 3-5 pounds of friendly bacteria in their gut and I've been taught not to worry about getting too much. Being a believer in moderation and balance, I wouldn't go crazy with too much for a long time. I personally started with 5-6/day of Probiotic Eleven on an empty stomach and now take only 1 capsule of any given kind per day, more if I start to feel a little cold or flu coming on.

I do as NSP has recommended, rotate my preventive across all 4 products - Probiotic Eleven, L-Reuteri (chewable, not refrigerated), Bifidophilus Flora Force, and Acidophilus, then back to the start at Probiotic Eleven again. The L-Reuteri is lemon flavored chewable that tastes good to me and is used for adults (especially during travel since no refrigeration is needed) and also for children, even infants. -Julie Phillips
my baby nephew has thrush and was put on nystatin. I went through this with a few months ago with my other nephew. I need some info on the side effects of using nystatin. The formula he is on is full of sugar which is only feeding the thrush. -John
Many years ago I had a client who had been to a special clinic for candida thrush in San Diego California. She moved to our isolated area and when she learned I did NSP she immediately ordered Pau d'Arco. The extract is not appropriate for a small child but the bulk tea is. Follow the label instructions for tea to drink for tea. To soak in bathe do one more step, simmer for minutes uncovered, let cool, covered. This tea can be added to baby's bath water starting with very small amounts of tea. It can be added to baby's formula slightly increasing the dose until symptoms disappear. White Oak Bark tea can be flushed through the mouth, doesn't need to be swallowed. For quick results in the mouth, diaper rash is also thrush exposure to sunlight in the early morning and late afternoon can dry that up in minutes. Sometimes use Pau'd;Arco Lotion on the bottom end to keep the candida under control. Today I would use it under an A & D type ointment. If there was a bad break out and drop the A & D type ointment and keep up the Pau d'Arco as soon as any sores are healed. No talcum powder period. Use cornstarch instead. One of the worst problems with nystatin is that it does not get the candida anyplace. It does not touch most of it, stays in the middle of the chime, Chime is what the product of digestion in the stomach is called. Until it becomes feces much further on and doesn't rub into the pockets of fungus on the way down. Pau d'Arco gets into the blood stream and fights it everywhere. The clinic she went to in San Diego was a strong upholder of NSP products because it really is the best and most consistent product on the market. Since you can't get thrush unless it gets into your mouth what is getting into these little mouths? Whoever is caring for them should at the very least use Pau d'Arco Lotion. More recent moms than I can give you good advice on formulas. I never used them, breast fed my handicapped daughter and my healthy son. They never had candida as babies even before I started with NSP. I hated antibiotics and my son has had them only twice in all his years. Both times there were good indications that he needed them with laboratory tests to prove it. Although he picked up foot fungus in school he has never had a full blown problem with fungus because he soaked his feet in Pau d'Arco tea with great results. Hope this helps. -Marilyn Navarro
Don't forget our simple Tea Tree Oil. Dilute and rinse out the mouth. When all else has failed, this oil has always worked for my clients. -Nancy T
Hi John, What a good and caring uncle you are. Marilyn has some good advice in her answer about oral care. I found a simple diaper rash treatment in the mother earth news magazine many years ago that worked like a charm. Take a small amount of ordinary flour and put in a dry frying pan. Put over heat and scorch it until it is light brown. Let cool and store in airtight container. Apply to diaper rash with a cotton ball. My little ones' diaper rash was gone within hours. I had tried A&D along with all the other over the counter and prescription potions. That was before I was the herb lady, didn't know better it works super. -Nancy
Don't forget the Bifidophilus Flora Force to replace the beneficial bacteria. Thrush is caused by candida overgrowth which in turn is caused when the beneficial bacteria of the body gets out of balance, often as a result of antibiotic use. -Duane
Is baby breast fed or bottle fed? If breast fed than it won't be enough to help the baby, must work on mother too. Can swab baby's mouth before and after each feeding with apple cider vinegar using a Q-Tip. Sounds bad, doesn't harm baby. They sometimes make a nasty face. Have done this for my son when he was a baby as well as other family members children. Also sprinkle Acidophilus or Bifidophilus on babies tongue several times a day to get good bacteria back into the digestive elimination system. If breast fed mother must cleanse. Pau d'Arco is great for killing yeast fungus. Must cleanse lower bowel when detoxing yeast. Also very important to add Acidophilus, friendly bacteria, to intestines. I have seen people use as Acidophilus along with capsules of Caprylic Acid to over come the yeast problem. Mother should watch the diet. If breast feeding no white flour products, sugars, caffeine, sodas, chocolate, etc. Yeast and thrush in both mother and baby can be beaten naturally but you must stick to a good program. Stay on cleansing program even after it seems to clear up because it won't take any time at all for a reoccurrence of the problem. -Stacey Brown
As you probably know thrush is caused by candida the same yeast that causes yeast infections in women as well as men. The supplements mentioned should help but it is very important to also take friendly bacteria to help combat the yeast, such as Bifidophilus Flora Force. You should be taking plenty of every day at least capsules a day and also eat some natural yogurt with live cultures. I even think it might be more helpful to swab the baby's mouth with yogurt than with Colloidal Silver. Duane
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: