Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index Nature's Sunshine Products NSP
For customer and distributor discussions of Nature's Sunshine Products. Not an official site of NSP.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Emphysema

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CombinedNSP
Site Admin

PostPosted: Dec Fri 15, 2006 11:30 pm    Post subject: Emphysema Reply with quote

Emphysema

I am hoping someone could help me with a few things I need to know about emphysema. My mom was diagnosed with severe Emphysema and we are trying to get info on this. Also, the latest information that anyone has one the life span you have once diagnosed with this disease. The Doctor''s tell her she has severe emphysema but she''s not wheezing but, she does get short of breath and is on 3 breathing treatments a day. She''s on medication and does not smoke any longer. If someone could E-Mail me so that I know someone received this message I will get my questions together for you in hopes that answers can help us put this in perspective. Reality has set in due to the fact that my grandfather also died of this disease Thanks so much in advance for you response. -Lisa McNeil
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Is your mother thin? Weak? Poor muscle tone? I would suggest Chinese Lung Support. Ayurvedic Bronchial Formula is also good. If she is not weakened: use LH, Ayurvedic Bronchial Formula. Vitamin A is a must. Herbs that are oxygen carriers such as Blessed Thistle and antioxidants. Mullein protects and soothes.

Avoid mucus forming foods: dairy products, salt, eggs, meat, processed foods, ""junk foods"", white flour products, wheat, oats, barley & rye. A vegan diet (elimination of all animal products including dairy) may have a positive effect on reducing mucus build-up. Try increasing raw foods. Add hot and spicy foods: garlic, onions, chili peppers, horseradish, mustard, etc. Seaweed, Cold-pressed olive oil daily. Do raw vegetable juices: carrot, spinach, celery, watercress and adding garlic juice is strongly recommended. Fruit juices: Include raw grape juice, oranges, lemons, black currants. If in a crisis, drink only veggie juices.
Zinc, Vitamin B-6, to chelate cadmium; Vitamin E, for decreasing dependence on oxygen tank; Lecithin, to reduce the surface tension of fluids in the lungs, enabling easier elimination; Vitamins A and C, protein, and Folic Acid, to help reestablish connective tissue elasticity. Chlorophyll, CozQ10, and Vitamin B12 are also beneficial. Thyme (Fen & Thyme or Thyme Oil) helps break up lung secretions and speed their elimination. Ephedra(Nature's Chi) tea quiets bronchospasms. Mullein helps prevent infections and aids in excreting fluid from the lungs. Fenugreek(Fen & Thyme or Marshmallow & Fenugreek), Licorice Root & Rosehips are beneficial herbs.
Most of the above is taken from the book "Alternative Medicine, the Definitive Guide", compiled by the Burton Goldberg group. -Enid
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
MSM and Vitamin C........good for healing lung tissue, and detoxifying body.....have her stay with it to see results. Also good for digestion, hair , nails....! Also here are some oils that can be applied topically over lungs and throat: Clary Sage, Eucalyptus, Frankincense, Peppermint, Pine, Rosemary, Sage, Thyme, Lavender....also, the Breathe Free, blended oil, diffused, or rubbed on topically! I've also had good results with Lobelia, rubbed on topically! -Peg Thorsnes
In the first place, she must take care of her digestion and bowel cleansing. I would strenuously suggest Dr. Jack's Colon Cleanse . Then at convention Last year, Steven Horne said that Chinese Lung Support, Saw Palmetto, Horsetail & Mullein would help emphysema. It hydrates (moisturizes) the lung tissue and can help restore lung function. He said it would probably take 6 months to tell –– but to be patient, it works. -Georgiana Duncan
Q: My father is currently dealing with emphysema. He uses oxygen for most of the day and seems to be getting weaker by the day (although he'd never admit it). I'd like to recommend a couple supplements to him. -Rose
I have one client with Emphysema that the doctor reported only 50% lung use. The doctor told him that he would have to use a breathing machine for the rest of his life. I put him on Cordyceps & Super Supplement, after one month he stop using his breathing machine. It gave him a new lease of life. Currently I have about 5 smokers on Cordyceps with all reporting better breathing and less coughing. -Jim Bledsoe
Q: I don't have a lot of background, except it's an older gentleman who's allopathic meds are no longer working. -Keisha Hart
ALJ or Chinese Breathe EZ has worked great for me. A goodly amount. Do muscle testing between the two. Even LH. Everyone is different. -Inge Wetzel
I have had a lot of success with high amounts of MSM for Emphysema. Be sure to add the Vitamin C along with it. -Carolyn Conley
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: