Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index Nature's Sunshine Products NSP
For customer and distributor discussions of Nature's Sunshine Products. Not an official site of NSP.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Thyroid

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CombinedNSP
Site Admin

PostPosted: Dec Thu 14, 2006 1:33 pm    Post subject: Thyroid Reply with quote

Thyroid

Temp is 95.3 under arm consistently, she is 52, menopausal, her lymph glands hurt she is exhausted and fatigued. She is tired all the time. Has had a weight gain; also has had a shortness of breath. She is on Synthroid .75 mg and is taking a multi vitamin and Isotonic. Can anyone help? She would like to feel better and would like to try the natural way. Thank you. -Dawn
- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Not a lot of info. Start with a hot soak, with 2 cups Bentonite clay added to water. Immerse body past neck, as much of the back of the head in the water as possible. Stay in approx. 20 minutes. This will relieve the glands of some toxins. Shower with soap. Master Gland is an excellent way to feed all glands as well as the thyroid. Because of her age, hormonal fluctuations are a consideration. Has she had a hysterectomy, laproscopy, on Hormone Replacement therapy? What is she on? Is she using Pro G Yam (progesterone) trans dermal cream. Thai-Go drink is a great energizer. It is full of antioxidants in liquid for great absorption. Antioxidants benefit a multitude of things. Some have enduring energy, for others abounding energy. Does she have diabetes? Heart Condition? Many times, several things need to be addressed. There are several herbals for thyroid. How long has the thyroid condition been there? Have thyroid levels been tested more than once? Has more than one physician verified this is a problem? Second opinions help. -Neva Russell
Just figured out how to respond.

She has been diagnosed approx. 7 years ago with the thyroid, it has been double checked and triple checked. She has not had a hysterectomy or laproscopy and no hormone replacement therapy. She had taken feminine from Market America and it had not helped. Thank you for your help. -Dawn
I think there is more going on than thyroid here. First she needs to get of Synthroid, it is not FDA approved, not stabilized and only synthetic T4 that needs to be converted to T3. I have conversion factors on my web-site.

Thyroid Hormone Conversion Nutrients

Proper Thyroid Hormone Conversion Requires Proper Adrenal Function plus vital nutrients: Ferritin: 80 – 100 post menopause or 130 – 150 pre-menopause. •IGF-1 •Progesterone •Calcium •Magnesium •Zinc •Copper •Selenium •B2 + B6 •Proteins •Glucocorticoids (Licorice root/Yucca) •Mineralocorticoids •DHEA •Testosterone (IGF-1 plus MACA) •Aldosterone (effects sodium level)

Second, she may have a chronic Epstein Barr Infection. (swollen lymph nodes are typical). She can get a special test done for that. She will need quite the regiment for that. Ask her if she has ever been diagnosed w/ mono (caused by EBV). -Inge Wetzel ND, CNHP
Without more information --- Thyroid Support, Black Walnut caps (5 3x/day to raise iodine), Adrenal Support, and make sure she is getting enough minerals and drinking enough water! -Sharon Grimes
Make sure you go to an endocrynologist and not just your regular doctor. They will do a more extensive check on you. I was being under treated by my doc and actually had nodules on my thyroid. -Wilson
1. Endocrinologist or other MD, they are all ignorant when it comes to thyroid. The only accurate test is a urine test, done by an endocrinologist in Brussels, Belgium. I have given up on all others in this country. 2. Synthroid DOES NOT WORK and is NOT FDA approved, because they cannot stabilize it. She needs to take Armour thyroid or another natural form of hormones. The MD's don't like it and will tell you it is not stable. It is stable, but just tell them Synthroid is not approved because it's not stabilized. Armour is even listed on the Mayo Clinic web-site. She also needs to get her ferritin levels checked and an TPO test. And, in this case I would recommend an EBV antibody test. I specialize in thyroid and adrenal disorders and you can find some information on my web-site. -Inge Wetzel ND, CNHP
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: