Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index Nature's Sunshine Products NSP
For customer and distributor discussions of Nature's Sunshine Products. Not an official site of NSP.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Tongue - Throat Blisters

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CombinedNSP
Site Admin

PostPosted: Dec Thu 14, 2006 1:27 pm    Post subject: Tongue - Throat Blisters Reply with quote

Tongue - Throat Blisters

I came across them approx. 2 weeks ago. My glands are swollen. I have been taking Nexium off and on for reflux, very fatigued & stiff neck. The outbreaks don't hurt they just feel like I felt when I was a child with chicken pox in my throat. Very, very weird. Yes, I am under an enormous amount of stress. Perhaps that's a factor in it too. If anyone has come across this I would appreciate any response. - Christine
- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
First, I'd suggest you look up "Nexium" and see what the side effects might be, in case this could be the problem.

Then for the Reflux, you might want to go to the messages - just search Acid Reflux.
THEN you might want to try gargling with Colloidal Silver. Gargle well & swallow. I know that blisters or sores elsewhere in the mouth respond to L-Lysine. If you can muscle test, try it and see how many you need. I, personally, would just try taking some . . . . perhaps 5, twice a day of Nature's Sunshine L-Lysine. I specify the brand, because all brands are NOT created equal. 5 of another brand might not do the job of 5 NSP L-Lysine. -Georgiana
These are all classic symptoms of Candida. Yeast and Fugal Detox supported by a anti yeast diet and the Colloidal Silver /Garlic suggested before should restore you to balance once more. Best wishes..mouth problems are always unpleasant. -Marte Kliesh
You might try spraying Nature's Fresh directly on the blisters. -Gwen
Yah, I have exactly the same thing except mine some what hurts. I'm very tired and VERY achy. My head sometimes feels feverish. This has been like this for 3 months and I have been to 4 different doctors.. no one can find anything wrong. -Katie
Katie, I found out it was because of the abreva that I was taking along with the nexium. The nexum caused me to feel horrible like the flu (I had other allergic side effects too), this is one of serious side effects)and the inhaler for my asthma caused the raising of the bumps(on my tongue which looks just like blisters). It's because of the white powder that stays in your mouth. It adhere's to your throat causing an allergic reaction. My doc. said that we all have these things back in our tongue but when they get aggravated they tend to swell up and become raised and they look like blisters.. I was concerned too because abreva also causes thrush as well, pretty scary stuff, so I guess that's why he gave me the prescription for Zithomax 500mg just to make sure too. I generally try to take more herbal remedies instead of medicine. So I am looking for that too. Like Tea Tree Oil to rinse your mouth with. Zithomax has a broad range of reasons to take it. You can look it up on the net too. I hope that this has helped. -Christine
Q: Does anyone have any suggestions as to what may cause and/or help 8 year old with blisters/ulcers in the back of his throat? There are also a couple of blisters on the side of his tongue. Diet has not changed, although recently added 1 Stress-J capsule at night (to help with sleep/rest)and Herbasaurs Calcium to HB multi and Bifidophilus already taking. -Bruce
The "Old People" always said this was a sign "the stomach was out of order". Maybe some Proactazyme and a mouthwash of Tea Tree Oil mixed in water would clear it up. If not, I would look at a more intense "yeast" program. Hope This Helps. -Melody Lambert
Try VS-C formula plus Lysine. Sounds like Herpes virus. It can lay dormant in the base of the spine. Many things can cause an eruption. Heat, physical exercise, diet and stress. Lay off sodas with caffeine and sugars. -Suzanne
This could be a virus - in which case VS-C is good. You will need lots of it. Or the sores could be aggravated by his toothpaste. We switched from the tartar control to regular (although NSP toothpaste is best and very soothing though). I have gargled with hydrogen peroxide also. Last time I tried squirting Nature's Fresh in my mouth - that was soothing also. Not sure if this works as they were already starting to heal. I know this condition hurts - you don't feel like eating. Try drinking liquid chlorophyll also. -Beth
I grew-up with being plagued with blisters/ulcers every year. They were extremely painful and it seemed as if there was nothing that would help, but friend of my mother told her to add whole buttermilk to my diet because it contains live acidophilus, along with that my mother fed me organic yogurt, and chewable acidophilus. I can honestly say that it helped, in fact I no longer suffer from blisters/ulcers in my mouth. Every once in a while I a blister with show-up on my lips but I keep abreva in my medicine cabinet and it zaps it immediately. Basically you want to drink buttermilk twice a day, I won't lie its an acquired taste, but you can add a bit of salt if you like. -Bella
Does the child have a stuffy or runny nose? It could be caused from sinus drainage down the back of the throat. I suffer from seasonal allergies & if I don't get my Hista-Block in soon enough the same thing happens to me! Try a drop or 2 of Tei-fu oil in some water. Just swish & swallow. Works for me every time! -Michele
I have been dealing with this for 44 years. Mine is a sensitivity to tomatoes, oranges, apples, nuts, flour products. They cause the ph balance of the body to be acidic. A doctor can give you lidocaine viscous solution to gargle with...helps alot. -Tes
I happen to work in a daycare facility that has recently came down with symptoms of this sort. We have found it to be a disease by hand-foot-mouth which gives you blisters on the three separate body parts and occasionally on the butt and limbs. There is nothing that you can do to cure it...it just has to go away on its own and that normally takes 2 to 6 days. -Colleen
I would like to give you some help with mouth ulcers. I have personally dealt with this problem. I have found two ways to deal with it. A Dr. proscribe medication called Constanzy Solution 250. Which is a Steroid mouth wash you rinse in your mouth and them swallow. Works very well, and the ultimate way is to eat Yogurt. YES you heard me Yogurt.... The live cultures in the Yogurt will help your stomach to control the amount of bad bacteria and this will help the virus out brakes. Don't be fooled. mouth ulcers are a virus and the key is to suppress the virus, Yogurt does this very well. Give it a try.. -Chris
It sounds like a CANKER SORE. To begin with, a canker sore is different from a cold sore. A cold sore is contagious and is caused by the Herpes Simplex I Virus. A canker sore on the other hand is a painful ulcer that can appear on the tongue, lips, gums or inside the cheek and forms blisters.

Myrrh Essential Oil is one of the oldest known medicines, dating back thousands of years. The ancient Egyptians used myrrh oil for embalming purposes due to its excellent preservative properties - myrrh acts as an antiseptic and antiputrescent ( to prevent putrefying or rotting ). It has been shown to be effective for healing wounds and ulcers due to its anti-inflammatory and astringent qualities. Applied topically, myrrh can be used for a variety of skin problems, including ringworm, eczema and psoriasis. It is well-known for its use a mouth rinse or gargle for virtually any type of mouth or throat ailment, including canker sores, gingivitis, laryngitis, pyorrhea and thrush, as well as teeth and gum problems. In fact, myrrh oil is an excellent addition found in Sunshine Brite Toothpaste.

VITAMIN B-12 has possible anti-viral action and speeds healing from viral and bacterial infections. Good vegetarian sources are found in Black Walnut, sea weeds such as kelp and kombu and in Spirulina and algae. In the case of canker sore one could paint the ulcerated area with Liquid B-12 or Black Walnut Extract.

Since stress and allergies are likely the most common cause of ulcers in the mouth it would be wise to evaluate lifestyle and diet. If your daughter is prone to allergies there is a good chance that there is a low or malfunctioning immune system that should be addressed.

L-Lysine is an amino acid necessary for tissue repair. Frequent canker sores or fever blisters are also indicative of an lysine deficiency. lysine has also been found to inhibit the outbreak of shingles (herpes zoster) and assists in the treatment of herpes virus as well. Research shows sustained, relatively high doses of lysine have been effective in increasing the length of time between canker sore (and herpes outbreaks) or entirely eliminating such outbreaks. Lysine is found naturally in beans, beef, brewers yeast, cheese, eggs, potatoes and tofu and in the herbs comfrey and fenugreek. It is easily damaged by heat and is therefore, not present in processed foods. Most nutritionists recommend 500-1,000 mg of lysine daily to prevent or reduce canker (and cold sore) outbreaks. 1000mg three times daily at the initial stages of recurrence.

Tea Tree Essential Oil applied topically to the sore will relieve the pain within minutes.
You might also want to consider checking the pH for elevated acid levels
-Jewel
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: