Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index Nature's Sunshine Products NSP
For customer and distributor discussions of Nature's Sunshine Products. Not an official site of NSP.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Torsion Dystonia

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CombinedNSP
Site Admin

PostPosted: Dec Thu 14, 2006 1:22 pm    Post subject: Torsion Dystonia Reply with quote

Torsion Dystonia

I know a year old boy who has been battling with torsion dystonia. It started in his shoulder and has spread to his lower extremities. He has tried various drug therapies and is currently receiving botax injections. Nothing has seemed to work. If anyone knows of any possible alternative treatments with herbs or other means please contact me. -Jen
- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
I have a disorder called spasmodic torticollis which is cervical dystonia affecting the neck and shoulder the botox botulinum toxin injections only relieve the pain. There is no cure for dystonia disorders since the causes are unknown. Clinically dystonia is a neurological disorder. Treatments by the medical profession are directed to relieve symptoms. With herbs and other alternative treatments I have reclaimed my life. I have cleansed and built for two years and learned by trial and error what works for me. Some of the things I have done may help this young boy. I would like to know more about his situation from my experience there are some supplements that will cause his muscles to tighten even more because his system can not handle certain nutrients. -Jean

As with any unfamiliar condition I always suggest supporting the systems affected with NSP's key products for those systems. The medical profession is required to place a name on every condition, imbalance. We in the natural health field know that the problem exists because this body is out of balance. It is out of balance because of the lack of nutrients needed to maintain homeostasis balance. Our job is to locate the specific systems while providing all the essential nutrients the entire body needs. I always suggest support for the nervous system. This young man's must be in shreds. Stress Relief is a great aid to rebuilding the nervous system. I personally use it for a sleep aid. Another necessary in every case is assuring two or more good bowel movements daily. Years ago I knew someone with a frozen shoulder, a shoulder impossible to move without great pain. By using natural supplements LBS-II, Skeletal Strength, Herbal CA, multiple vitamins and minerals Flax Seed Oil, Nutri-Calm and of course a return to an all natural diet. She was able to overcome the crippling condition and is writing this today. Hoping that even tho I have never heard of this specific disease I can help because of my experiences. The doctors told me surgery will be necessary to correct the frozen shoulder. It is very painful surgery with a long recovery time. They were wrong of course. The medical profession for the most part doesn't know that the body will heal itself if given all the necessary nutrients. In this case I would suggest massage, the nutrients I've mentioned, at the very least and any others for any systems needing support. If he were here in I would do an iridology analysis and muscle response testing in order to locate any other imbalances. Suggest that his family keep positive thought, hope surrounding the young man because all healing begins in the mind. -Dr Sandy Taylor ND
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: